Page 111 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

As for the story itself... I don't get why they're giving us their honeymoon five months after Empyre ends. It would make sense for this to come out as soon as possible, wouldn't it?
    Not all honeymoons immediately follow a wedding. haha. That's a lovely romantic sentiment but a lot less common than one might imagine. Factoring in all the space politics with Teddy's empire, its pretty believable that delays would be expected

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Not all honeymoons immediately follow a wedding. haha. That's a lovely romantic sentiment but a lot less common than one might imagine. Factoring in all the space politics with Teddy's empire, its pretty believable that delays would be expected
    Fair enough, but I meant more in a narrative/commercial sense. Empyre made news around the world because of the wedding. It was something that was fresh on the readers' mind and it makes sense to me that they would continue the story as soon as they could to ride on that particular wave, specially considering the last Empyre-related book had a major cliffhanger.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Fair enough, but I meant more in a narrative/commercial sense. Empyre made news around the world because of the wedding. It was something that was fresh on the readers' mind and it makes sense to me that they would continue the story as soon as they could to ride on that particular wave, specially considering the last Empyre-related book had a major cliffhanger.
    I'd suggest that was more of a teaser than a cliffhanger, really. There is still story to be filled in before we reach that point.

As for holding the one-shot back rather than releasing it right after EMPYRE--maybe that was done to spread out the Hulkling/Wiccan content so that they continue to be prominent over a longer period of time--rather than releasing everything all at once for a big spotlight in EMPYRE and then disappearing into limbo for too long.

I'm just so so happy for Luciano and I am going to be OBSESSIVE with his socials for any and all previews

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I'd suggest that was more of a teaser than a cliffhanger, really. There is still story to be filled in before we reach that point.

As for holding the one-shot back rather than releasing it right after EMPYRE--maybe that was done to spread out the Hulkling/Wiccan content so that they continue to be prominent over a longer period of time--rather than releasing everything all at once for a big spotlight in EMPYRE and then disappearing into limbo for too long.
    Al Ewing did say that the ending of Aftermath was more like a foundation brick to build off of when the time came, whether it ended up going as he had envisioned it when writing or if another event/plot point comes up that can use that same building block. And I agree with you, I think it's half wanting to spread out their usage (especially if the issue comes out during WV airing and Teddy is included. Even if it's different circumstances, they might want something out with them in it) and half KiB getting pushed bc of covid.

Also, speaking of Ewing, remember in that aipt interview when he said he had recently found out about them being used other than in Guardians/SWORD? I'm guessing what he was referring to was the KiB tie in. I thought it was going to be outlaw stuff, but seems like they're in the big leagues now lol

EDIT: Now that I think about it, do we have a date in February yet for this? I could see them putting this out the week of Valentine's Day and make a big deal about it
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 11-04-2020 at 11:14 AM.

https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...442513409?s=20

Love the way he draws emperor Teddy, and can't wait to see how he draws Billy (hopefully a mix of his Marvel Voices look with the new matching couples cape he had in Aftermath)

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post

Love the way he draws emperor Teddy, and can't wait to see how he draws Billy (hopefully a mix of his Marvel Voices look with the new matching couples cape he had in Aftermath)
    I actually hated his Green Cape this is actually the perfect time to give B and T revamp as far as costumes I'm sure Vecchio has ideas.

I love his green coloring, and how it matches with the glow of the sword, as if it's being energized by the same color as his cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I actually hated his Green Cape this is actually the perfect time to give B and T revamp as far as costumes I'm sure Vecchio has ideas.
    If the cover is anything to go by, it doesn't look like either of them is getting any massive redesign. And I think it's probably for the best, because it's just a side one-shot, so there won't be enough time for a new look to be consolidated in this particular book. People might forget about it too quickly and other artists might just ignore it completely. I think big redesigns should happen in bigger books, preferably ongoing ones where the characters can wear these looks for a large number of issues so people get familiar with it.

It's funny that its already the second major disaster of his reign and Teddy is away on vacation instead of ruling his people

Anyone notice the Alliance's logo in the S.W.O.R.D. preview? Wonder if Teddy loaned out a spaceship to be the basis for their base lol. Also, since Magneto is in this, and knowing Ewing, could we be finally getting another Billy and Magneto interaction after all this time? Not necessarily in the first issue, but within this series as a whole?

And I wonder how earth feels about Teddy potentially allying with the mutants and possibly the sh'iar per the KiB book? Cause, in addition to the Roberto connection, aren't the sh'iar led by Xavier's daughter, or something to that effect?

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/yo...arvel-studios/

This is entirely speculation on Murphy's part here, and honestly, their evidence is kind of a stretch, but God, I hope this is right. It's interesting that they created three productions companies just two months before the Investors Day for Disney. Last year we got announcement of 3 different Disney+ shows for Marvel in a Disney event, so I'm crossing my fingers we're getting a Young Avengers announcement next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's funny that its already the second major disaster of his reign and Teddy is away on vacation instead of ruling his people
    To be fair, the disaster happened AFTER he decided to go on vacation. And we don't know if he won't be ruling his people during the Knull attack. It's possible he'll drop everything to go help the Alliance (which is possibly how we ended with that ending on the Aftermath issue).

Anyone notice the Alliance's logo in the S.W.O.R.D. preview? Wonder if Teddy loaned out a spaceship to be the basis for their base lol. Also, since Magneto is in this, and knowing Ewing, could we be finally getting another Billy and Magneto interaction after all this time? Not necessarily in the first issue, but within this series as a whole?
    I guess we could, but considering Ewing probably can't just undo the Maximoff retcon, I don't know how much he can do with that. Wanda and Pietro have been pretty much forbidden to interact with Magneto after the retcon. If anything, I wonder if Billy appearing in an X-book could finally settle the old debate as to whether he is a mutant or not.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-07-2020 at 03:41 AM.

It is the same situation for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier streaming series that was Pandemic Productions.
    Oof, that's an unfortunate name. That production was among those interrupted by a pandemic.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I actually just saw the S.W.O.R.D. preview and it looks like Frenzy was fighting a Skrull?? Or maybe it was a Danger Room simulation, but even then, that would suggest the X-Men might not completely trust the Kree/Skrulls if they are training for the possibility of fighting them. So much for them being allies...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oof, that's an unfortunate name. That production was among those interrupted by a pandemic.
    That's not even the worst part; the show has that production company with that name because the plot would actually involve a pandemic created by a bioweapon. I remember Charles Murphy even said he heard they were considering rewriting the script for obvious reasons, and the show got delayed indefinitely, so they had time to change things.

Anyway, that actually got me think of something: even if the production company names don't always refer directly to the comics, they can have some sort of connection to the production itself. WandaVision is ''Static Productions'', which is likely a reference to the literal static sound of television (we've seen in the first teaser of the show that there is a TV that seems to play a part in the story). So if Blueberry Waffles is indeed the name for a Young Avengers production company like the website speculates, I wonder how exactly that would tie to the movie or show. IF if it's because of the Kid Loki thing, I don't know how to feel about the character being introduced this early through the Young Avengers. I love Loki, but not as the guy that appears right in the first movie/first season of a show.

Paibok is an ambassador on the Peak, he's representing the Alliance

Ewing explained it a bit in an interview a few weeks ago

"SWORD’s satellite base also houses alien ambassadors, including Paibok the Power Skrull, and human ambassadors from Alpha Flight and Wakanda. The former ambassador for the mutant nation of Genosha, the superstrong Joanna “Frenzy” Cargill, steps back into that role as “ambassador extraordinary” for both Krakoa and mutantdom in space. “A lot of the space cultures that she’s dealing with value combat, so we have a diplomatic meeting room that’s like a Danger Room,” says Ewing. “You can either have a conversation there or you can have a sparring match there.”

They probably put the Alliance symbol on the walls because Paibok wanted a ceremonial diplomatic battle

I can't be mad at the X-Men for training against a potential threat that is a new still fragile alliance only held together by the continued life of their king long may he reign according to Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy. It's best to be prepared IMO if Teddy is smart and really ready to play the game of politics he would have skrull spies infiltrate every branch of government on the earth and throughout the solar system as the king of space should be ready for anything, as for now though he has to please bae so after the knull **** hopefully he'll learn.