Page 114 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1963
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

The only time I can remember Billy ever being tied to the x-men was from the Sorcerers Supreme comic (and any other comic that used that iteration of him), where he was a member of the future team. Other than that, his only other Krakoa connection is that his brother is maybe dating a guy on their CSI-Krakoa team. And as I've said before, putting them in x-office hands is just asking for un-needed ooc power tantrums, possible genocides, or pointless relationship drama/love triangles, etc. At least under the Avengers office, they have star potential (especially with their MCU debuts coming up), under the x-office, they're what? A reality warper and speedster that'll get pushed to the side to let Wolverine have another man-pain comic. The best chance for them as mutants would have been their Magneto connection, but we all know how that is now.

I wouldn't mind a storyline where maybe Skrull and Kree mutants (those are a thing, right?) are allowed to tour Krakoa and Billy, with Tommy as a plus one (might as well pull him out of the toy box here), go with them to make sure they're safe. Then David gives them a tour, Anole fanboys like before, and then one of them spots the Wanda-propaganda and asks to speak to the manag- I mean, consults with Magneto for some extra drama! However, given the Outsiders vs Krakoa track record, Billy and Tommy would probably come off as assholes to make the mutants look better.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 11-18-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    The only time I can remember Billy ever being tied to the x-men was from the Sorcerers Supreme comic (and any other comic that used that iteration of him), where he was a member of the future team. Other than that, his only other Krakoa connection is that his brother is maybe dating a guy on their CSI-Krakoa team. And as I've said before, putting them in x-office hands is just asking for un-needed ooc power tantrums, possible genocides, or pointless relationship drama/love triangles, etc. At least under the Avengers office, they have star potential (especially with their MCU debuts coming up), under the x-office, they're what? A reality warper and speedster that'll get pushed to the side to let Wolverine have another man-pain comic. The best chance for them as mutants would have been their Magneto connection, but we all know how that is now.

I wouldn't mind a storyline where maybe Skrull and Kree mutants (those are a thing, right?) are allowed to tour Krakoa and Billy, with Tommy as a plus one (might as well pull him out of the toy box here), go with them to make sure they're safe. Then David gives them a tour, Anole fanboys like before, and then one of them spots the Wanda-propaganda and asks to speak to the manag- I mean, consults with Magneto for some extra drama! However, given the Outsiders vs Krakoa track record, Billy and Tommy would probably come off as assholes to make the mutants look better.
    And it should be noted that while that AU version of Billy debuted in an X-book, the Sorcerers Supreme title that used him more and made him more interesting was NOT an X-title, so that is yet another evidence that the X-Office just doesn't really care about exploring his potential as a character even when it's right under their nose.

And yeah, you're spot on about them having more to do in the Avengers Office. Billy has been at the forefront of TWO events as an Avenger, and while everyone agrees that Tommy is underdeveloped, the only books that ever even allowed him to exist where Avengers-related ones. If the X-Men don't have anything better than that to offer them, I don't really see what is there to be excited about.

As for alien mutants, they do exist, but I'm not entirely sure if they are automatically granted access to Krakoa, 'cause being a mutant alien is not really the same as being a mutant human. For instance, Thanos is a mutant Eternal because he had the Deviant Syndrome, but I don't think that necessarily means mutants would welcome him with open arms in Krakoa, because he's not exactly their kin in the same way someone with an X-Gene is. So if a Skrull or Kree would be welcome in Krakoa, I think that would largely depend on what their origin is, and what connection they have to the mutant world.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I don't think Billy and Tommy being mutants really adds anything to their characters. It could potentially give more chances to be featured in different books, but honestly, the x-books struggle to feature all the characters they already have. That being said, the fact that their honeymoon sounds like it's taking place on Chandilore where we know the Summers' put a Krakoa gate during their family vacay, and it's being written by Howard who is fairly prominent on the X-books at the moment, plus the heavy hints that Hickman has a Wanda story to tell, makes me think that it will come up.

Here's a new look at Kate from the Avengers game:

They're gonna release a video about her in the game pretty soon (and I'm rooting for a mention of the Young Avengers existing in that universe). I heard the game's reception has been pretty bad, both critically and commercially wise, so here's hoping her debut can turn things around a bit.

It has been such a long time since Billy and Tommy have been referred as mutants that I can't see how it's possible that not one single writer didn't think of exploring that, which makes me think editorial has intentionally shyed away from that subject. And if Marvel has purposefully hidden away the twins' status as mutants (or not mutants) I guess it was probably impossible for the x-books to provide storylines for them

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Here's a new look at Kate from the Avengers game:

They're gonna release a video about her in the game pretty soon (and I'm rooting for a mention of the Young Avengers existing in that universe). I heard the game's reception has been pretty bad, both critically and commercially wise, so here's hoping her debut can turn things around a bit.
    Maybe it's just me, but this costume looks boring. I get you're meant to switch them out and pay money for better ones, but why do this games' base costume look so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    It has been such a long time since Billy and Tommy have been referred as mutants that I can't see how it's possible that not one single writer didn't think of exploring that, which makes me think editorial has intentionally shyed away from that subject. And if Marvel has purposefully hidden away the twins' status as mutants (or not mutants) I guess it was probably impossible for the x-books to provide storylines for them
    I don't buy that, because that's not how they've dealt with literally every other non-X-Men mutant character that got retconned. They had no issue bringing up the mutant/not mutant status of Squirrel Girl, Toro, Cloak & Dagger, possibly Molly Hayes and, of course, the Maximoffs. Hell, they even let Dagger cameo in an X-book JUST to tell the readers she wasn't a mutant anymore. If editorial was so strict like that, then why would they even allow the current X-books to portray Wanda the way they are doing? It doesn't make any sense that Billy and Tommy would be considered that special that no one is even allowed to acknowledge if they're mutants or not.

To me, the most likely scenario is that it simply took Allan Heinberg too long to actually drop the word ''mutants'' into his work, and by the time he did (in a very half-assed way at that), it just didn't catch on. Many Marvel plot points get dropped once writers leave without developing them further, and this was possibly one of those cases. Tom Brevoort himself said explicitly that he didn't know if Billy and Tommy were ever mutants, and this is the man who literally edited Children's Crusade. So I get the feeling that people don't talk about it simply because they don't think there is anything to talk about. You don't feel the need to deny something that was never really considered real in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but this costume looks boring. I get you're meant to switch them out and pay money for better ones, but why do this games' base costume look so bad?
    I don't think it's bad, but yeah, it is a little bland. I think they were trying to go for something casual + tactical, but Kate looks better when she actually looks like a superhero.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-18-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I don't think Billy and Tommy being mutants really adds anything to their characters. It could potentially give more chances to be featured in different books, but honestly, the x-books struggle to feature all the characters they already have. That being said, the fact that their honeymoon sounds like it's taking place on Chandilore where we know the Summers' put a Krakoa gate during their family vacay, and it's being written by Howard who is fairly prominent on the X-books at the moment, plus the heavy hints that Hickman has a Wanda story to tell, makes me think that it will come up.
    Hickman doesn't have a Wanda story to tell. He was planning a Magneto story where Wanda will be used as a plot device to create stories for other characters, but then, rumour has it, Feige's plans caused it to be dropped due to fears of "confusion."

They very clearly have nothing at all planned for Wanda, as proven by the total absence of any WandaVision tie-ins. On his YouTube channel Perch stated Darkhold looks like its cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Hickman doesn't have a Wanda story to tell. He was planning a Magneto story where Wanda will be used as a plot device to create stories for other characters, but then, rumour has it, Feige's plans caused it to be dropped due to fears of "confusion."

They very clearly have nothing at all planned for Wanda, as proven by the total absence of any WandaVision tie-ins. On his YouTube channel Perch stated Darkhold looks like its cancelled.
    Is there a source for this

Who's Perch?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So there was like no mention, of the Wiccan& Hulking KIB tie in in the Feb solicitations today.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I think the KiB one shot was mistakenly announced as February. Here they announce it as a February release:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...nd-hulkling-1/

But in the marvel article, it says March:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...and-hulkling-1

I think there must've been a mix up with the dates, because most of the other articles I'm looking up say March.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I think the KiB one shot was mistakenly announced as February. Here they announce it as a February release:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...nd-hulkling-1/

But in the marvel article, it says March:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...and-hulkling-1

I think there must've been a mix up with the dates, because most of the other articles I'm looking up say March.
    God why so long? That don't even make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    God why so long? That don't even make sense
    It's a really long event, may as well spread out the tie-ins

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post

The Magneto story was a rumor. Darkhold is just delayed. And was a result of Covid. They cut back and stopped some releases for a time, and it created a backlog.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.