Page 127 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1963
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    "Signature" looks so much more "Iconic" than "Iconic" actually does .

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Can't believe I really just had to witness an X-Men fan going on a rant dragging Teddy and calling him hypocrite for disagreeing with Krakoa about Wanda. A HYPOCRITE? Krakoa lets every psycho-villain roam free without having to pay for their terrible past actions (that were done when they weren't having a mental breakdown and being possessed by forces they couldn't control, by the way) while Wanda is treated like the worst person in the world and TEDDY is the hypocrite? Please. Go worry about your faves allowing the actual genocidal nazi to sit on their council. See, this is why I want Billy and Tommy far away from X-Men shit. I don't need more of this fandom clownery in my life.
    I mean, no offense to them (especially the one user on here that likes go out of their way to pick on Billy, Teddy, Tommy and Wanda) but this is coming from the fandom that takes the mutant metaphor to heart and thinks the likes of Emma Frost, Scott Summers, Jean Grey, hell, even Logan, are the pinnacle of oppression and have it worse off than any actual real life minority character *shrugs* When you put white, affluent, conventionally attractive characters to the forefront of an oppression metaphor, you get weirdos like that that think they're mutants too and need to disparage characters that reflect actual minorities. Tbh, I'm just waiting on when some xtwitter person says Kyle is privelaged and is oppressing mutants. And ur absolutely right, aren't one of the council members like, an actual nazi? I get not liking humans, but....even that's messy and hypocritical.

Genis being Teddy's father (and Anelle/Mary-Jo still being his bio/adoptive moms) has been my personal pitch for his MCU origin. It's the best way to do something different but still as close as possible to his comics origins.

Not that we know of. He never displayed any of the energy-based powers Phyla and Genis seem to have inherited. Interestingly, he was able to absorb energy with Excelsior, but it's unclear if it's JUST because of the sword or if maybe the sword helped him channel some existing ability. It would be interesting for that to be explored.
    We also have yet to see what him being the reincarnation of Dorrek Supreme (as Ewing revealed in New Avengers, I believe) has done for him, besides getting him Excelsior and the loyalty of the Knights. I hope Al elaborates on all of these things in his space stuff!! And also ties Billy in with Demiurge/Ultimates cosmic stuff! I need Billy to get some space magic because why not!!
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 12-13-2020 at 10:13 AM.

BANNED

shes RIDICULOUSLY FUN.
    the game still has some core issues they are bound to adress, but kate is an imense step in the right direction, easyly the most fun character in the game and I highly recomend anyone that already has the game to try her out.
    Last edited by Ferro; 12-13-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I hate that they put freaking pants on the Hawkingbird costume. The fun thing about that look in the comics was that it was her torn bridesmaid dress with a bunch of Avengers gear. It kind takes the charm away if you try to turn it into some regular hero costume like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I mean, no offense to them (especially the one user on here that likes go out of their way to pick on Billy, Teddy, Tommy and Wanda) but this is coming from the fandom that takes the mutant metaphor to heart and thinks the likes of Emma Frost, Scott Summers, Jean Grey, hell, even Logan, are the pinnacle of oppression and have it worse off than any actual real life minority character *shrugs* When you put white, affluent, conventionally attractive characters to the forefront of an oppression metaphor, you get weirdos like that that think they're mutants too and need to disparage characters that reflect actual minorities. Tbh, I'm just waiting on when some xtwitter person says Kyle is privelaged and is oppressing mutants. And ur absolutely right, aren't one of the council members like, an actual nazi? I get not liking humans, but....even that's messy and hypocritical.
    LOL, yeah. Just recently I saw someone on Twitter unironically saying Scott Summers is a ''black-coded'' character (while on the same breath demonizing Wanda, who IS a part of a real ethnic minority as a romani woman). It just really goes to show how the mutant metaphor has messed up people's perception of representation and diversity. The outrage over the recent Franklin Richards retcon is another example of that, with some people going as far as to call Dan Slott a homophobe/transphobe for writing that. Never seen so many people linking a story about a rich, white, male, cisgender, privileged boy who never had to worry about oppression one day of his life to actual homophobia/transphobia like Franklin really is some sort of groundbreaking representation for minorities.

And yes, Mister Sinister IS a former nazi. He literally worked on Auschwitz, where Magneto was held, for fuck's sake. And he is also behind the attack that almost wiped out the Morlocks. So, you know, an actual genocidal villain, a word people love to throw around to describe Wanda. AND he's also not a real mutant like Wanda, so he didn't even earn being on Krakoa at all. But he gets a pass, not only in-universe, but from most X-Men fans too. The double standard is REAL, and I really hope Ewing will be the X-writer to actually point that out in-story.

We also have yet to see what him being the reincarnation of Dorrek Supreme (as Ewing revealed in New Avengers, I believe) has done for him, besides getting him Excelsior and the loyalty of the Knights. I hope Al elaborates on all of these things in his space stuff!! And also ties Billy in with Demiurge/Ultimates cosmic stuff! I need Billy to get some space magic because why not!!
    Yeah, I wonder about the Dorrek Supreme thing. It was an interesting concept, but it was just sort of ignored, even on Empyre (we didn't even get to see the Knights as a group). I still don't know if the reincarnation thing was really supposed to be real or just a myth the Knights have been told. Silly me thinking we would get a solo Teddy ongoing book to explore all those things post-Empyre. Brevoort said they did Empyre because they wanted to keep Teddy in the spotlight of the Marvel universe. Let's see if they can keep this promise.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-14-2020 at 08:39 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So Riri is probably taking Iron Lads spot in the team now that she has her own show. So that means we have:

Tommy
    Teddy
    Billy
    America
    Kate
    Cassie

Then there's other young heroes in the MCU that don't necessarily have history as YA in the comics:

Kamala
    Riri
    Yelena
    Peter (least likely of this group due to legal issues + being a regular Avenger)

And two with connections to other MCU projects but aren't confirmed to be in them yet:

Kid Loki
    spoilers:
    Eli
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

I hate that they put freaking pants on the Hawkingbird costume. The fun thing about that look in the comics was that it was her torn bridesmaid dress with a bunch of Avengers gear. It kind takes the charm away if you try to turn it into some regular hero costume like that.

LOL, yeah. Just recently I saw someone on Twitter unironically saying Scott Summers is a ''black-coded'' character (while on the same breath demonizing Wanda, who IS a part of a real ethnic minority as a romani woman). It just really goes to show how the mutant metaphor has messed up people's perception of representation and diversity. The outrage over the recent Franklin Richards retcon is another example of that, with some people going as far as to call Dan Slott a homophobe/transphobe for writing that. Never seen so many people linking a story about a rich, white, male, cisgender, privileged boy who never had to worry about oppression one day of his life to actual homophobia/transphobia like Franklin really is some sort of groundbreaking representation for minorities.

And yes, Mister Sinister IS a former nazi. He literally worked on Auschwitz, where Magneto was held, for fuck's sake. And he is also behind the attack that almost wiped out the Morlocks. So, you know, an actual genocidal villain, a word people love to throw around to describe Wanda. AND he's also not a real mutant like Wanda, so he didn't even earn being on Krakoa at all. But he gets a pass, not only in-universe, but from most X-Men fans too. The double standard is REAL, and I really hope Ewing will be the X-writer to actually point that out in-story.

Yeah, I wonder about the Dorrek Supreme thing. It was an interesting concept, but it was just sort of ignored, even on Empyre (we didn't even get to see the Knights as a group). I still don't know if the reincarnation thing was really supposed to be real or just a myth the Knights have been told. Silly me thinking we would get a solo Teddy ongoing book to explore all those things post-Empyre. Brevoort said they did Empyre because they wanted to keep Teddy in the spotlight of the Marvel universe. Let's see if they can keep this promise.
    I also want to mention the weird status of X-Men's in-story oppressed state and off-page "priviledged" state(by being the popular franchise it is.)
    I don't think it's necessarily some of X-Men being CIS white people, it's the fans in reality being the part of a favored fandom and thus forming some entitlement, like the demand to be on top at any given time.(And resent other franchise for getting more attention like Avengers, Inhumans, etc.)

So, you know how I said I thought Emma Furhmann dipped because of school? Turns out she had no clue about the recast until the presentation happened. Really sucks too since she's not a big enough name and they wouldn't take a chance on her. Hopefully she has a bright future in acting.

https://twitter.com/EmmaFuhrmann/sta...022313472?s=19

So, you know how I said I thought Emma Furhmann dipped because of school? Turns out she had no clue about the recast until the presentation happened. Really sucks too since she's not a big enough name and they wouldn't take a chance on her. Hopefully she has a bright future in acting.

That does suck .

That's her agent's fault. The recast couldn't have happened if they locked her into a multi-film contract. They shouldn't have agreed to one that only covers Endgame.

I wonder if she only got the role in the first place because the actress they've got now wasn't available at the time?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-15-2020 at 02:18 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member CaptainCanada's Avatar

That's her agent's fault. The recast couldn't have happened if they locked her into a multi-film contract. They shouldn't have agreed to one that only covers Endgame.
    No agent could insist on a multi-film contract for a no-name actor when the studio was offering one film. The power in this relationship is all on Marvel’s side.
    Last edited by CaptainCanada; 12-15-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Not sure why everyone's upset over this person who had literally one line in the movie is being replaced

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Not sure why everyone's upset over this person who had literally one line in the movie is being replaced
    I think it's disrespectful and honestly unprofessional for such a big company at the very least a courtesy call could have been given out I mean she thought this was her moment and she's so young kind of feel bad seeing her dreams get crushed like that, but hey that's Hollywood for ya.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

That's so shady of Marvel. Imagine getting a role in the most successful movie ever only to have it taken away from you so unceremoniously like that in the franchise for no apparent reason, without even getting as much as a call? My best guess is that Marvel, or maybe just Peyton Reed, always wanted that one actress as older Cassie, and the Endgame casting was always meant to be a temporary thing until they signed her. Still, I feel like the least they could've done was be upfront about it with Emma so she wouldn't have gotten her hopes high for more.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
    No agent could insist on a multi-film contract for a no-name actor when the studio was offering one film. The power in this relationship is all on Marvel’s side.
    Yeah, I mean... It was a Marvel's biggest movie, after all. I think just the possibility of her being there at all was an opportunity they couldn't refuse. And it might help her in the near future, after all. If she even has some notoriety right now it's because of that movie. She can always use her Avengers clout to get more roles.

New tv spot featuring more baby Billy and Tommy!!!

https://twitter.com/YAvengersNews/st...062706177?s=19