Page 128 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131 LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 1963
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Marvel really is just out there giving us crumbs. At least you can definitely tell both babies are white, which should shoot down any theories that one of them is supposed to be Vin/Viv (yeah, some people are still speculating about that).

Random note but if they end up making a Young Avengers show, I truly hope they make Billy's outfit look more like the original Jimmy Cheung version than the McKelvie design. I hate the latter look so much.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Random note but if they end up making a Young Avengers show, I truly hope they make Billy's outfit look more like the original Jimmy Cheung version than the McKelvie design. I hate the latter look so much.
    I liked it in Empyre, they recolored the grey parts black and gave him a blue starfield

Billy's galaxy print outfit is such a serve to me! I like the mixed version Cheung Draws in Incoming aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Billy's galaxy print outfit is such a serve to me! I like the mixed version Cheung Draws in Incoming aswell.
    It’s not bad in the image shared a over but it’s too simple in terms of color blocking. I’d be happier if it had the bare arms, gloves and cropped cape of the first Wiccan look. Without them it’s just too much black/deep blue and red.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Never realized this, but it's interesting that the KiB: Wiccan and Hulkling issue is coming the last month of the event. Tbh, it seemed like one of those filler tie-in issues that comes in the middle of the event, but I wonder if they just ran out of room to release it in February, or if there's actually gonna be something important going on.

Also, to y'all's points, I agree with Journey, the combined look is probably my favorite. That being said, I honestly expect some fugly street wear/pleather look for him in the MCU, while Tommy gets boring ath-leisure wear, just like they've given to Wanda and Pietro. McKelvie's version would require post work to get fully realized, and Cheung's works in art, but the ripped cape might not translate well to screen, plus the MCU seems averse to head gear, so Billy's Naruto headband probably won't make it either. I know practicality is the game for MCU costumes (see absence of hip holes for Kate) but I want them to, idk, zhuzh it up.

Honestly the only thing I would change about Billy's current look is I would give him a headpiece of some sort 1 to give him that Wanda relation pop, and two it's desperately needed if artist will continue to draw him with that half bald haircut he's been abused with as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Never realized this, but it's interesting that the KiB: Wiccan and Hulkling issue is coming the last month of the event. Tbh, it seemed like one of those filler tie-in issues that comes in the middle of the event, but I wonder if they just ran out of room to release it in February, or if there's actually gonna be something important going on.

Also, to y'all's points, I agree with Journey, the combined look is probably my favorite. That being said, I honestly expect some fugly street wear/pleather look for him in the MCU, while Tommy gets boring ath-leisure wear, just like they've given to Wanda and Pietro. McKelvie's version would require post work to get fully realized, and Cheung's works in art, but the ripped cape might not translate well to screen, plus the MCU seems averse to head gear, so Billy's Naruto headband probably won't make it either. I know practicality is the game for MCU costumes (see absence of hip holes for Kate) but I want them to, idk, zhuzh it up.
    The hip holes are in the concept art for her though? If you are comparing it to the set picks, I'm sure she'll have multiple looks over the course of the series. Especially since she sports a lot of looks in the comics that vary. I do feel like outfits will take some time to come for some of the characters but that they'll come eventually. Who knows though.

The hip holes are in the concept art for her though? If you are comparing it to the set picks, I'm sure she'll have multiple looks over the course of the series. Especially since she sports a lot of looks in the comics that vary. I do feel like outfits will take some time to come for some of the characters but that they'll come eventually. Who knows though.
    Yeah, I don't think the purple jacket and black pants from the set photos is her final costume.

The MCU always take some liberties with their costume designs, and since the Young Avengers are not really ''iconic'' characters the same way someone like Spider-Man is, I'm not even sure if there's any pattern that they will follow with them. They could get completely original looks that are nothing or barely like the comics, for all we know. So I don't really have any expectations for how they'll look. And since characters get multiple different looks on different movies/shows, I'm sure they'll get updated looks every now and then too, so hopefully there will be at least one I'll enjoy.

By the way, I wouldn't be shocked if they looked like those fake Funko POPs I shared here a while back. lol

https://twitter.com/YAvengersNews/st...202548750?s=19

Looks like March is shaping up to be a mini YA month lol! America's mini has been re-solicited for March, joining Billy and Teddy's KiB tie in!

Edit: this means we'll be getting Billy, Teddy, America, AND Kate (if she shows up in the first issue, since we've seen her in the art previews) all in the span of a month! Granted, they're all usually the YA members that do show up, but it's been a bit since we saw them, and this'll be post wedding, so it'll be fun to see what that's like!
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 12-17-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Couldn't help but notice Carlos Gómez's interesting comment about the mini:

"I'm so hyped for this new series!” Gómez said. “Her style and her powers make her an awesome character… There is so much you can do with her, it's insane. I couldn't be happier to jump on this ship. So be ready for a new origin story with a ton of unexpected twists!”
    Did he just... straight up confirm they are retconning her backstory? LOL. I wonder just how much they're changing it. Gabby Rivera kept the stuff we already knew about (the Utopian Parallel and the Demiurge), but added some extra stuff to her mythology. I wonder if Kalinda is also keeping the Gillen AND the Rivera origins and just adding stuff of her own, keeping just one of them or getting rid of both altogether. I find it hard to see Marvel erasing Gillen's work, since it was pretty much character defining for America. So Rivera's work is the most likely one to get retconned, IMO.

Well, that last America series didn't do very well, did it?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Couldn't help but notice Carlos Gómez's interesting comment about the mini:

Did he just... straight up confirm they are retconning her backstory? LOL. I wonder just how much they're changing it. Gabby Rivera kept the stuff we already knew about (the Utopian Parallel and the Demiurge), but added some extra stuff to her mythology. I wonder if Kalinda is also keeping the Gillen AND the Rivera origins and just adding stuff of her own, keeping just one of them or getting rid of both altogether. I find it hard to see Marvel erasing Gillen's work, since it was pretty much character defining for America. So Rivera's work is the most likely one to get retconned, IMO.
    I mean it was kind of trash so......

I wouldn't mind Rivera's stuff be retconned out. That home planet of her moms, and the way the culture thing was handled were.....not good imo. I could see them keeping Gillen's stuff, though we might see Billy/Demiurge stuff downplayed again to ground her more towards Earth (which is pretty obviously related to her MCU debut, let's be real). I could see them pulling an MCU Mar-vell and trying to give her a "#girlpower" origin free of male influence. Also, someone on twitter theorized we could be seeing more Utopian characters involved, so maybe they might double down on the Demiurge stuff for all we know.