Page 130 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131 LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 1963
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Peach Momoko variant of their KiB tie in! Loving the old anime vibes, and gosh, Billy's never looked more Sasuke since New Avengers!!!

https://twitter.com/dano_cosmic/stat...706422278?s=19

Full solicit here:

KING IN BLACK: WICCAN AND HULKLING #1

TINI HOWARD (W) • LUCIANO VECCHIO (A) • Cover by JIM CHEUNG

Variant Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

STORMBREAKERS VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO

NO TIME TO CELEBRATE!

Wiccan and Hulkling are freshly off the marriage altar and overdue for a proper celebration. So when the Shi’ar invite them for an all-expenses paid vacation at their glitziest beach resort, you know Wiccan’s already got their bags packed. But they’ll have to hold the champagne — because Knull and his symbiote army are expanding across the galaxy! Tini Howard and Luciano Vecchio give everyone’s favorite Young Avengers a honeymoon to die for!

40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 12-23-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'm glad to see the boys again, but I don't enjoy Howard's writing and I hated her voice for Wiccan in the Death's Head mini. Vecchio draws very cute faces, but his anatomy is wonky, that panel of Billy on the beach with the scoliosis back is painful to look at, points for giving Billy a little bit of chest hair though. I need to see that Dauterman variant.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Billy's prince consort status is likely equal to that of a queen and that being said traditionally king holds most of the real power over the realm so he's less confined to space royalty duty so I don't see him being restricted in that aspect Teddy however can no longer just abandon the throne to go superheroing unless he pulls a t'challa.
    That's exactly what I'm saying he should be doing. Several characters do double duty in different books. There is absolutely no reason why Teddy and Billy shouldn't be allowed to do the same. Marvel had the perfect set up to give them an ongoing cosmic book, but they didn't do that, and I'm starting to think they won't. So I don't want them to be stuck in the cosmic narrative with no way out if they're only going to be guest stars from now on. There's no harm in letting them appear in other books to fill the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Peach Momoko variant of their KiB tie in! Loving the old anime vibes, and gosh, Billy's never looked more Sasuke since New Avengers!!!

https://twitter.com/dano_cosmic/stat...706422278?s=19

Full solicit here:
    The anime hair can definitely work if done by the right artist. Peach Momoko does it well.

Also, is this the first time we see Billy's metal headdress with his McKelvie costume (except for the torn cape)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I need to see that Dauterman variant.
    Oh my GOD, thanks for pointing that out, because my lazy ass didn't bother to look at all the solicitation text. Dauterman drawing Billy and Teddy is a big YES from me.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-23-2020 at 09:58 AM.

Billy's galaxy outfit is even more superior with the headpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I'm glad to see the boys again, but I don't enjoy Howard's writing and I hated her voice for Wiccan in the Death's Head mini. Vecchio draws very cute faces, but his anatomy is wonky, that panel of Billy on the beach with the scoliosis back is painful to look at, points for giving Billy a little bit of chest hair though. I need to see that Dauterman variant.
    I feel the same, sadly. I've yet to fully appreciate her style unfortunately. I AM a fan of Luciano for sure, but my critical eye elevates when it comes to Billy & Teddy and I am not 100% sold on these depictions. The dramatic size difference between the boys is... well... dramatic. I didn't care for Teddy's freckling during Empyre and I'm not a fan of seeing it continued and furthered into Teddy's Chest here. Billy could stand to have a sandwich. I do agree with the points given for the chest hair though. Otter Billy = Best Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I could see them retconning this
    I’d honestly be fine if they retconned all of Rivera’s work on MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I feel the same, sadly. I've yet to fully appreciate her style unfortunately. I AM a fan of Luciano for sure, but my critical eye elevates when it comes to Billy & Teddy and I am not 100% sold on these depictions. The dramatic size difference between the boys is... well... dramatic. I didn't care for Teddy's freckling during Empyre and I'm not a fan of seeing it continued and furthered into Teddy's Chest here. Billy could stand to have a sandwich. I do agree with the points given for the chest hair though. Otter Billy = Best Billy.
    I wish they’d bring back Alina Urusov to do a mini with Billy. I think she drew my second favorite Billy.

In the new WandaVision teaser, there's a very interesting scene in which Agnes looks kinda concerned over the cradle of the babies and something seems to be going wrong, so she says ''let's just take it from the top'' (and then the scene rewinds). Wanda briefly looks at the cradles too, and they seem like they may be empty. I just know some freaky stuff is going to happen to those kids just like in the comics. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I wish they’d bring back Alina Urusov to do a mini with Billy. I think she drew my second favorite Billy.
    God, I love this one-shot so much. It's wild that this is the first and only time Marvel ever published a story about Billy and Tommy on a quest to find out more about their past lives. I wish they would explore more of that.

And I still can't get over the fact that the Riverdale creator wrote this book. Roberto sweetie, come back to Marvel please. You did better in one issue than in four seasons of your CW show. LMAO
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-25-2020 at 08:35 PM.

https://twitter.com/NacaoMarvell/sta...54149069180929

Huge grain of salt here... but this brazilian Marvel fanpage is saying that insider Daniel Richtman has claimed that a Young Avengers series is currently in the works (something we've heard about before) and that it ''will be the biggest and most expensive show'' Marvel Studios has done. I mean, that would obviously be very exciting if true, but I just don't know how to feel about Daniel these days, because he's been publishing so many rumors recently that feel like came out straight from We Got This Covered, LOL. But I know he's been reliable in the past, so, who knows.... sharing just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Billy's galaxy outfit is even more superior with the headpiece.
    It's his best suit and one of the best modern hero designs out there.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://twitter.com/NacaoMarvell/sta...54149069180929

Huge grain of salt here... but this brazilian Marvel fanpage is saying that insider Daniel Richtman has claimed that a Young Avengers series is currently in the works (something we've heard about before) and that it ''will be the biggest and most expensive show'' Marvel Studios has done. I mean, that would obviously be very exciting if true, but I just don't know how to feel about Daniel these days, because he's been publishing so many rumors recently that feel like came out straight from We Got This Covered, LOL. But I know he's been reliable in the past, so, who knows.... sharing just in case.
    I wouldn't be surprised, the roster might be really different though. I'm assuming it'll look like Billy, Teddy, Kate, MAC, Cassie and Kamala might get thrown in.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised, the roster might be really different though. I'm assuming it'll look like Billy, Teddy, Kate, MAC, Cassie and Kamala might get thrown in.
    Hopefully not sis has no place with this squad

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Then you're gonna be real mad when they inevitably include Riri as a replacement for Iron Lad

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Then you're gonna be real mad when they inevitably include Riri as a replacement for Iron Lad
    Why? I don't care about Iron Lad

Well, we are getting Kang, so...