Page 23 of 131 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Yeah, Kate's the oldest of the original Young Avengers, so her being of age doesn't mean the others are.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If Kate is still 21 they shouldn't be older than 19 themselves just the facts.
    I've always thought they should've been the same age as Kate. My personal impression was that Cassie was 14 and everyone else was 2 years older than her in the original team. I don't think the age difference Gillen set up for them makes sense. They were supposed to be 18 during his run, and Kate was 21, so she was 3 years older than them. That means that when they debuted, she was already like 19? It doesn't add up, 'cause they were all high schoolers. I remember Eli saying he was 17 at the end of Children's Crusade, and I always assumed that that was supposed to be all of their ages (except for Cassie) during that time.

Gillen screwed up. Kate shouldn't have been 21 with less than 10 years of existence. People don't age like that in the Marvel Universe.

I swear, Gillen aging the team up randomly caused more harm than good.
    One of many things he did wrong with the YA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Gillen screwed up. Kate shouldn't have been 21 with less than 10 years of existence. People don't age like that in the Marvel Universe.
    True. If she was 18 in the original run, then she could be 21 NOW. But not when YA vol 2 was published, as that was before Secret Wars, which aged everybody by eight months.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

There's not really an actual rule to character aging. Characters can age up however people want them to. Sometimes they even go backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    There's not really an actual rule to character aging. Characters can age up however people want them to. Sometimes they even go backwards.
    I believe that's called bad writing.

Yeah, nobody should age backwards without a justification - for example, DC turned Raven and Beast Boy back into teenagers nine years ago - but at the time it was meant to be a reboot, and when it turned out not to be, they retconned that Doctor Manhattan from Watchmen was to blame. Wally West is currently cleaning up that mess (as shown in the recent Flash Forward #6 and next week's Flash #750), so they'll probably be aged back up soon.

I don't believe Marvel has any such excuse.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, nobody should age backwards without a justification - for example, DC turned Raven and Beast Boy back into teenagers nine years ago - but at the time it was meant to be a reboot, and when it turned out not to be, they retconned that Doctor Manhattan from Watchmen was to blame. Wally West is currently cleaning up that mess (as shown in the recent Flash Forward #6 and next week's Flash #750), so they'll probably be aged back up soon.

I don't believe Marvel has any such excuse.
    Because Marvel have never ever cared about ages. It's just some fans and DC that have ever seen it as a problem. It's why Marvel dont reboot and DC cant stop.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...07812565667841

''walking through some of the comics that influenced the event''

I'm guessing the Young Avengers will be brought up, then. I want a YA series announcement as a tie-in to Empyre, but I won't get too hopeful, 'cause I've been disappointed with every single convention Marvel has done recently. I hope we'll at least get the Billy/Teddy cover Jim Cheung teased, and maybe some more details about the Emperor Hulkling one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/statu...07812565667841

''walking through some of the comics that influenced the event''

I'm guessing the Young Avengers will be brought up, then. I want a YA series announcement as a tie-in to Empyre, but I won't get too hopeful, 'cause I've been disappointed with every single convention Marvel has done recently. I hope we'll at least get the Billy/Teddy cover Jim Cheung teased, and maybe some more details about the Emperor Hulkling one-shot.
    It would be kind of interesting if they get dual Empyre/Outlawed tie-ins.

According to Brevoort the Young Avengers will play a role in Empyre. He also said that they can't tell us about Billy's role.

Not to mention Teddy cutting the Thing in half and then looking FINE af

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzYvMDcwL29yaWdpbmFsL0VNUFlSRTIwMjAwMDIwMTVf.jpg

20200229_174658.jpg
    Last edited by Storm17; 02-29-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    According to Brevoort the Young Avengers will play a role in Empyre. He also said that they can't tell us about Billy's role.

Not to mention Teddy cutting the Thing in half and then looking FINE af

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNzYvMDcwL29yaWdpbmFsL0VNUFlSRTIwMjAwMDIwMTVf.jpg

20200229_174658.jpg
    Naw, he's freeing the Thing from those vines wrapped around him. His blade somehow cut *just* the vines, and not the Thing, which is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Naw, he's freeing the Thing from those vines wrapped around him. His blade somehow cut *just* the vines, and not the Thing, which is pretty cool.
    Magic space sword that only he can wield. That apparently changes size at will and can be summoned from thin air. Willing to bet he can do all sorts of fun stuff with it aside from the already stated and 'absorb, block, and cut through magic'

Best quote from C2E2

"If you like Wiccan and Hulking books are coming in the next few months that will be up your alley."

We're eating good this year!