Page 25 of 131 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    But what are their jobs? An apartment like that in NYC is expensive.
    Well, when they got the apartment as a gift, they were getting a salary for being a part of Avengers Ideas Mechanics. Not sure how much they got out of that gig, but maybe they saved some cash... And they're still in that college age, so maybe the Kaplans still support Billy? Both of them are doctors, so my assumption is that the Kaplan family is wealthy enough. And now, of course, Teddy is a literal king of an alien empire, so there's a lot of money that may come from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Billy is a reality warping god with the power to wish for anything his heart desires so if their truly on hard times I highly doubt money is that big of a concern
    I've always wondered about that. Billy can create things out of thin air, so he could technically do the same for money. But like, would he? Would he feel like that's maybe too morally questionable, like he's somehow cheating to get money? I would love to see an exploration of his reality warping and how it relates to his morals. Like, where he draws the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Sunspot bought it for them. But I doubt he paid their maintenance fees indefinitely. That's how they get you.

Add in bills like gas, electricity, cable, Internet, etc, and you can probably guess why they had to give up their penthouse and move into a more modest apartment
    I'm still not convinced they actually moved and this wasn't just a bad redesign of their apartment, done without proper research. I'm curious to know what Anthony Oliveira will write on Emperor Hulkling, because when he wrote the two of them last year, they still were in the penthouse Roberto gave them. I'm curious to see if he will keep that up or change it to reflect what Tini Howard did on Death's Head/Strikeforce.

Extraordinary Member

Billy is a reality warping god with the power to wish for anything his heart desires so if their truly on hard times I highly doubt money is that big of a concern.

Although their was a throwaway line from New Mutants stating Billy investigated paranormal occurrences on some scooby gang type **** so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Sunspot bought it for them. But I doubt he paid their maintenance fees indefinitely. That's how they get you.

Add in bills like gas, electricity, cable, Internet, etc, and you can probably guess why they had to give up their penthouse and move into a more modest apartment
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, when they got the apartment as a gift, they were getting a salary for being a part of Avengers Ideas Mechanics. Not sure how much they got out of that gig, but maybe they saved some cash... And they're still in that college age, so maybe the Kaplans still support Billy? Both of them are doctors, so my assumption is that the Kaplan family is wealthy enough. And now, of course, Teddy is a literal king of an alien empire, so there's a lot of money that may come from that.

I've always wondered about that. Billy can create things out of thin air, so he could technically do the same for money. But like, would he? Would he feel like that's maybe too morally questionable, like he's somehow cheating to get money? I would love to see an exploration of his reality warping and how it relates to his morals. Like, where he draws the lines.
    Forgot that Sunspot bought it for them...but as Beetle says...They still got to pay monthly for all that.

and if Billy is 'wishing' for it....he is either magically counterfeiting or is undermining the economy by magically creating gold, silver, gems, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Forgot that Sunspot bought it for them...but as Beetle says...They still got to pay monthly for all that.

and if Billy is 'wishing' for it....he is either magically counterfeiting or is undermining the economy by magically creating gold, silver, gems, etc...
    Wouldn't be the first time Billy broke the law *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, when they got the apartment as a gift, they were getting a salary for being a part of Avengers Ideas Mechanics.
    No they weren't. It was a goodbye present when the New Avengers broke up and Roberto created the U.S.Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No they weren't. It was a goodbye present when the New Avengers broke up and Roberto created the U.S.Avengers.
    I didn't mean the apartment was the salary. I was saying that up until that point, they were getting a salary for their work at AIM, which was literally their job at the time, as a response to the question of how they could possibly have gotten money to sustain a fancy apartment.

That's just it - as soon as they got the apartment, they stopped getting their salary, therefore didn't have the income needed to pay for the upkeep.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I believe that's called bad writing.
    Considering Kate's in the Outlawed covers, they'll re retcon her age.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Considering Kate's in the Outlawed covers, they'll re retcon her age.
    Doesn't the law cover 21-year olds? If she hasn't turned 22 yet, she might still be effected.

Yeah, anyone 21 or younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's just it - as soon as they got the apartment, they stopped getting their salary, therefore didn't have the income needed to pay for the upkeep.
    Which is why I said maybe they saved the money they got from that job. Plus, Marvel time is weird... we don't really know how much time has passed ever since New Avengers ended. For all we know, it was just a while back, so maybe they haven't run out of money yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't the law cover 21-year olds? If she hasn't turned 22 yet, she might still be effected.
    This Marvel article states that the law is for anyone under 21, so I'm assuming it works just like the american law for drinking, meaning that once you turn 21, you're free to do it.

It would be kind of hilarious if Kate thinks she's safe only to end up getting arrested again .

Ultimate Member

It would be kind of hilarious if Kate thinks she's safe only to end up getting arrested again .
    She gets busted for aiding and abetting, even though she's legal, all of the friends she's hanging out with are not!

Side note isn't America older than Kate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    She gets busted for aiding and abetting, even though she's legal, all of the friends she's hanging out with are not!
    I could totally see that happening where she tries to help out the younger heroes because she thinks the law is bogus and gets in trouble for it.
    Side note isn't America older than Kate?
    How old is America? She seems vaguely 18-21 ish but I only know she was in college.

Ultimate Member

How old is America? She seems vaguely 18-21 ish but I only know she was in college.
    Eh, refugee from another dimension, she could be three, in our years, or three hundred... Who knows.