Page 28 of 131 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Is her name not Sarah? Also I forgot Billy had 2 younger brothers.
    I’ve seen YA fans referring to her as Sarah, but I have no idea where that came from. Judging by Anthony’s tweet, it’s safe to say it was never official.

What do you all consider to be the best YA's storyline? I know they really don't have too many, but of the various mini's and their brief ongoings, which is you favorite?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...232835585?s=21

I’m not saying Steve Orlando should be writing Young Avengers, but... he should be writing Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What do you all consider to be the best YA's storyline? I know they really don't have too many, but of the various mini's and their brief ongoings, which is you favorite?
    You know... I don’t really know. I never stopped to think about a ultimate favorite story, but I gotta say that Gillen’s run came at a time in my life when I really needed it. And as a Wiccan/Hulkling fanboy, a book that was a love letter to their love was pretty special to me. I don’t say it’s my favorite because I really love Heinberg’s run just as much, but I guess the difference it’s just who and where I was as a person when those books came out.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-15-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Individually as characters, or as a whole?

As a whole I'd say Childrens Crusade they all have their moments to be great.

Individually

Kate - had a solo series which put her on the map frankly not really the Kate from YA personality wise but it did her well overall.

Eli - is so underused but he was best written in Volume 1, he had some personality and wasn't insufferable.

Nate - Was always always a pain children's crusade pretty much burried him as a character though, Volume 1 he was tolerable.

Jonas - was best written during his little stunt with the Avengers with Cassie.

Cassie - I think she's best written whenever she's on an Ant-Man series.

America - Her Solo was fucking trash, garbage, dumpster fire!! She was best written in Volume 2 Period!

Noh - I actually loved him in West Coast Avengers had it not been cancelled he would have shined.

Teddy - Empyre is probably gonna put him on the map but until then the Kree Skrull Jamboree that was his origin story remains his best arc.

Tommy - Dark Reign easily was Tommy's best arc, no one talks about it but he was written so well and finally had a true voice as a character!! Presents is a close Second.

Billy - Here's a hard one, Crusade put Billy on the map but also sent him into a crippling depression, and is what kind of launched all the mental illness tropes he has now. Volume 2 gave him a legacy to live up to and goal to reach as potentially one of the most powerful characters to ever exist. But I honestly say New Avengers was his best arc took all the established issues, and character development he gathered throughout Volumes 1, 2 and Crusade and showed growth he finally came into himself.

Children's Crusade is my fave. In fact it might as well be my favorite Marvel story ever.

I'll echo some and add my own to what Journey's suggested/provided....

Kate - IMHO, Kate became a VERY different person when the team disbanded and she paired up with Clint. But I thoroughly enjoyed Kelly Thompson's solo series, so I'd recommend that to anyone for fun Kate content.

Eli - Heinberg, pre-Crusade.

Nate - I dunno, he never did it for me.

Jonas - I liked his earliest moments when he aided the team in acquiring Tommy, etc.

Cassie - I enjoyed her most during Spencer's Ant Man

America - Ewing's Ultimates is my favorite furthering of America's character so far. I wanted her solo to be wonderful. It was not.

Noh - This cooky guy shined rather brightly under Kelly Thompson, but Gillen really laid that quirky ground work so I'd recommend both of those. That splash page diagram Mckelvie did will forever wow me.

Teddy - I enjoyed him MOST during the Crusade. Protective Teddy is my jam.

Tommy - Dark Reign & issue 6 from Gillen's run actually gave him SOMETHING.

Billy - Ewing's New Avengers, Oliveira's War Scrolls, and the YA Presents issue with Tommy are my faves.

Children's Crusade is my favorite team arc, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...232835585?s=21

I’m not saying Steve Orlando should be writing Young Avengers, but... he should be writing Young Avengers.
    He does have experience writing teenagers - he wrote Supergirl's Rebirth series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He does have experience writing teenagers - he wrote Supergirl's Rebirth series.
    Which was okay.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

He wrote a great Midnighter series, and Apollo pair mini.

Maybe he can age Billy and Teddy up a bit and write a duo book for them in that more serious bend, especially given Empyre is likely to change Teddy's status quo for a bit
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Yo can we discuss Billy's thighs little buff witch boy been working out ain't skipping leg day.

Do you guys remember America Vasquez, the new hero obviously inspired by MAC that her own creator, Joe Casey, was going to create for Image Comics? Not long after they announced that series, Marvel announced their own MAC solo book, and for some reason, we never heard of Vasquez again. At the time, I thought maybe Marvel pressured Joe into giving up on the project, but as it turns out, it’s still happening:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...o-sort-1284910

Some things he said in this interview gave me the impression he’s not the biggest fan of some of the decisions Marvel made in regards to America. The way he talked about pandering to fans and the loss of cultural identity, IDK, it seemed like shade. Maybe he doesn’t like how they made her be an otherworld superwoman from a land of magical lesbians instead of the regular human latina girl who just happens to travel across dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    He wrote a great Midnighter series, and Apollo pair mini.

Maybe he can age Billy and Teddy up a bit and write a duo book for them in that more serious bend, especially given Empyre is likely to change Teddy's status quo for a bit
    I’m totally down for him writing a Billy/Teddy duo book, but no age up, please. B&T are fine at their current age. Unless he’s writing an arc that shows them in an alternative future or something, I don’t see the need to change that.

As for tone, I’d be ok with a more serious approach, but not too much. I know Midnighter and Apollo are characters that can be very dark and gritty sometimes, and I just don’t think that’s B&T’s deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post

Yo can we discuss Billy's thighs little buff witch boy been working out ain't skipping leg day.
    I was distraught at this image at first. I didn’t really understand what was going on there and thought the gray part of his lifted leg was his stomach area and something was pushing out of it, like he was pregnant with an alien or something. LOL
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-17-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Do we know who is on ART duty for that Billy-centric Strikeforce issue?

West Coast Avengers is confirmed to still exist in Outlawed #1. After Kamala's Law is passed, protestors beseige their building. We don't see any of the team's members.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

No YA in Outlaw I'm disgusted all that false advertisement just to get what I expected, mediocre **** up by the Champions such a pity.

Knew it, it's a Champs story until someone gets involved. Doesn't help the team is split thanks to favorites and Empyre coming up.