Page 30 of 131 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Most writers seem to prefer lumping her and Kate together though for some reason, even though in Volume 2 they barely interacted through most of it.
    The reason is fan shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The reason is fan shipping
    Adds up unfortunately though Kate only has taste for Bisexual and Gay boys. And Eli and Tommy.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Well in theory they don't really have to rewrite it, they only thing established about America that until the age of about 7-10 she grew up in the utopian parallel, worshiped the Demiurge, and her parents sacrificed themselves and she kicked her way into earth. IDK where exactly she got her powers I kinda of skimmed through her solo so don't know exactly where she draws her powers from, or if that was ever even established.

Anyways from the point she came to earth their's a whole bunch of wiggle room where you can use the whole "Made in the USA" schtick. Even though she was always bouncing between the multiverse I'm sure their was some area she considered "home"
    She was born with her powers due to the place where she was born (established by Gillen) + coming from a superhuman lineage of women (established by Rivera).

As for where she was raised and what she considers home, her solo book showed us she basically grew up on several different latin american countries, being taught a variety of different latin@ culture/customs and identifying as latina as a result. The USA was not one of those countries, as far as I remember. I guess they could say she was also raised in the USA (which does have a strong latin@ community), which could finally explain her fashion choices. Maybe they could also say her connection to american culture goes way back to the Utopian Parallel. I mean, it’s not impossible that a world created by an american would be based on certain american values. It would explain why she would even be named America in the first place.

EDIT - Actually, apologies; I was wrong about America not being raised in the US. She was in NYC for some time:

Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-19-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Adds up unfortunately though Kate only has taste for Bisexual and Gay boys. And Eli and Tommy.
    Eli isn't bisexual. Prodigy was brought on and made to be bisexual, but not Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Eli isn't bisexual. Prodigy was brought on and made to be bisexual, but not Eli.
    I know hence why I said. "And" Eli and Tommy I was excluding them from the category. Because despite Stan Twitters objections neither have been shown to be anything but Hetero.

Mighty Member

Feel like they're either wiping her origin completely, or wiping everything added by Riveria

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Feel like they're either wiping her origin completely, or wiping everything added by Riveria
    I don’t think they’re erasing the stuff established by Gillen. His take was character defining and it’s what made her take off in the first place. They even used his origin for the Marvel Rising cartoon, so I think Marvel likes that and wants to keep it. The stuff that Rivera did, though... who knows. The funny thing is that for all the mistakes that America’s solo had, I think that her origins were actually one of the good things that came out of it. I liked some of the concepts behind her latina and biological identities. I don’t think you need to erase those things; just use them in a better story.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-19-2020 at 11:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

By the way looking at the bio, chavez could still be born latino but from another universe.Her alien mothers have a latino/hispanic last name.
    Here is one bio for example.
    Amalia Chavez (Utopian Parallel)
    Along with her wife, Elena, Amalia Chavez raised their daughter, America, in the Utopian Parallel, a dimension out of time and in the presence of the Demiurge. When America was approximately six years old, the Utopian Parallel was threatened by destruction. America's mothers heroically sacrificed themselves to seal the black holes pulling Utopia into the common Multiverse resulting in their particles being smeared across the Multiverse itself. Wanting to prove herself as a hero and knowing Utopia didn't require salvation, America ran away from her home and her responsibilities. She traveled across different dimensions, eventually adopted the moniker of Miss America, and began covertly acting as a superhero.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Amali...pian_Parallel)

The mcu and marvel earth humans are humans but they are not native to our earth,so they are aliens too,just like dc earth humans.That's the real definition of alien.Someone or something not native to your land,and humans from the mcu and marvel comics,dceu and dc comics for example are not native to our earth anyway.
    Superman (Hernan Guerra)
    In the dc gods and monsters animated movie and shorts,that version of Superman
    is from another planet as well but became a latino when he was adopted by latino parents.His earth name Hernan Guerra .
    https://superman.fandom.com/wiki/Sup...Hernan_Guerra)

THREAD: HERNAN GUERRA/SUPERMAN APPRECIATION
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...n-Appreciation

Justice League: Gods and Monsters
    Lor-Zod is the son of Zod and was sent to Earth to rule, but was found by a Mexican family who raised him as Hernan Guerra. He later became Superman.
    https://dcmovies.fandom.com/wiki/Lor..._and_Monsters)

More Hernan Guerra here.
    THREAD: WHICH LATINO HERO HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BECOME AN A-LIST CHARACTER?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...haracter/page2
    Last edited by mace11; 03-20-2020 at 03:46 AM.

And I agree the fact that Billy is literally her god and was only addressed in her solo one time as a statue doesn't add up I'd love for them to have a better relationship she clearly cares about him. Most writers seem to prefer lumping her and Kate together though for some reason, even though in Volume 2 they barely interacted through most of it.
    Was his being her god sort of retconned during her solo series? Like, I think he is responsible for creating that pocket dimension where she was born/raised but....he didn't create her moms.

I know hence why I said. "And" Eli and Tommy I was excluding them from the category. Because despite Stan Twitters objections neither have been shown to be anything but Hetero.
    My bad bro, misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    My bad bro, misunderstood!
    It's cool no Problema

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Was his being her god sort of retconned during her solo series? Like, I think he is responsible for creating that pocket dimension where she was born/raised but....he didn't create her moms.
    No from my understanding the Demiurge is the creator of Utopia and it's population I would have to reread to be sure but, I do remember the huge ass statue paying tribute to Billy.

Extraordinary Member

Planeta Fuertona
    First Appearance
    America #7
    (November, 2017)

Planeta Fuertona is the planet born out of love of Berraca and Sanar.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Planeta_Fuertona

Sanar (Omniverse)
    First Appearance
    America #7
    (November, 2017)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sanar_(Omniverse)

Fuertonas

After creating Planeta Fuertona with their love, Berraca and Sanar created the Fuertonas to populate the world.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Fuertonas
    Last edited by mace11; 03-20-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Everything about MAC's a big retcon. She became an ENTIRELY different character when Gillen picked her up. He did that to most of the team...change them to suit his bad story instead of make the story work with them.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Everything about MAC's a big retcon. She became an ENTIRELY different character when Gillen picked her up. He did that to most of the team...change them to suit his bad story instead of make the story work with them.)
    I mean, there's not a lot to Vengeance MAC. Only details we got is she's strong, doesn't care to be on the avengers and is sardonic.

The character was a blank slate given that the only other detail we ever got for her was "She doesn't wear panties" which is a fucking not good detail to give for a girl who was canonically 15 in that run
    Last edited by Woozie; 03-20-2020 at 09:22 AM.