Page 35 of 131 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Comics aren't coming out. We're not getting the Teddy content we expected. Does anyone wanna share Personal Head-Cannons ?

I like to think Tommy is the type of "big"(self appointed) brother who will relentlessly tease and mock Billy, but also would beat the holy hell out of anyone who FUX with his "Little" brother.
    Additionally, even though he is seemingly never "around", he does "drive by's" now and then to check in on his people.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

I just searched for this, fully expecting it to be some random rumor from We Got This Covered, but it turned out to be a scoop from a somewhat reliable source. This is exciting! Let's hope it's true and see what comes out of it.

I'm hoping they'll reach out to Allan Heinberg. I really wanted him to be the showrunner or writer for a YA show/movie, but I'm not sure if he can right now due to his commitment to Sandman. Can screenwriters even work at both DC and Marvel projects simultaneously? I'm not sure if there's some rule about that. Oh well, I would at least settle for him being a consultant or something.
    The fact that he’s working on a DC series specifically wouldn’t keep him from working on a Marvel series. Just look at James Gunn. I suppose it’s possible that Netflix gave him a contract where he can’t do other work; but the Marvel/DC thing wouldn’t be a part of it.

The question is literally just one of workload; I don’t know of anybody who has show run two entirely unrelated shows.

Brian K Vaughn was a consultant on the Runaways show, so that’s definitely plausible.

Incredible Member

The fact that Marvel has no interest in bringing Dan Slott, Matt Fraction, or G Willow Wilson into the writer's room despite there credentials makes me believe Feige has no interest in hiring comic writers outside of Chris Yost.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    The question is literally just one of workload; I don’t know of anybody who has show run two entirely unrelated shows.
    Stephen Moffat. Doctor Who and Sherlock.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Comics aren't coming out. We're not getting the Teddy content we expected. Does anyone wanna share Personal Head-Cannons ?

I like to think Tommy is the type of "big"(self appointed) brother who will relentlessly tease and mock Billy, but also would beat the holy hell out of anyone who FUX with his "Little" brother.
    Additionally, even though he is seemingly never "around", he does "drive by's" now and then to check in on his people.
    I actually head canon that Tommy and Billy have a lot of underlying issues, that Tommy has a slight resentment towards him, and Billy is somewhat self-absorbed with his own mental health issues he doesn't take other peoples problems into consideration sometimes. At the same time they both love eachother and what move heaven and earth for one another if they had too, but they do have problems. I also head canon that Billy hates how close his twin and fiance are with David because they remain cordial with one another but not truly friends.

I was gonna bring up the possibility of it being a black solidarity thing, but then you have Night Thrasher and White Tiger (at least I think that's White Tiger) all covered up from head to toe, so, yeah, I'm not sure what he was thinking there. It might end up being a Hannah Montana: The Movie scenario, in which he reveals his identity to Wakanda and everyone there unrealistically promises to keep it a secret from the rest of the world.
    What happens in Wakanda, stays in Wakanda .
    And yeah, I agree that it's nice to see that Eli is still suiting up. I just hope that when he officially comes back in a YA book or as a part of the regular cast of any other book, he'll get a re-branding. I think it's time for him to grow past the Patriot identity.
    I think he still has some mileage left in him with the Patriot identity, especially if it means some mass-media opportunities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    2 people were complaining about Carlos Gomez's MAC designs on Twitter. Buncha nitwits.
    I can't think of any reason people would complain about Carlos Gomez' art (unless you're not into his style, I guess).
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Stephen Moffat. Doctor Who and Sherlock.
    If I recall correctly, there were complaints about the quality of Moffat's work while he was trying to manage both series.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    The fact that Marvel has no interest in bringing Dan Slott, Matt Fraction, or G Willow Wilson into the writer's room despite there credentials makes me believe Feige has no interest in hiring comic writers outside of Chris Yost.
    I'm honestly fine with that. They wrote the comics, we've had their take.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The fact that he’s working on a DC series specifically wouldn’t keep him from working on a Marvel series. Just look at James Gunn. I suppose it’s possible that Netflix gave him a contract where he can’t do other work; but the Marvel/DC thing wouldn’t be a part of it.

While you are technically right about Gunn, his situation was a little more specific. He got the job at DC after Disney briefly fired him, but then they went back on their decision, and that's how he ended up with a DC and a Marvel project lined up. If Disney hadn't fired him, would Warner Bros have hired him? Plus, Gunn has said that he will only work on GOTG again after POST-production on SS is done. If he has to wait even after the main production is done, that makes me wonder if there's some agreement that he can only work with one until he is completely detached from the other.

As for someone showrunning more than one show simultaneously: Ryan Murphy. Notoriously known for working on so many different TV shows simultaneously. I think he has like four ongoing shows right now. Not that I want Allan to be busy like that, mind you. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    The thing with Allan is a little different, though, because he was and IS a screenwriter first and foremost, so he's not going to be seen simply as a ''comic writer'' by the Hollywood industry. As a matter of fact, he HAS been attached to two live action Marvel projects in the past (Multiple Man movie for FOX, untitled female led show for Marvel Television/ABC), but both never saw the light of day. He was the screenwriter of the successful Wonder Woman movie, and now he's working on a very anticipated comic book adaption, Sandman. So Marvel definitely could see him as a solid option.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-03-2020 at 03:05 PM.

While you are technically right about Gunn, his situation was a little more specific. He got the job at DC after Disney briefly fired him, but then they went back on their decision, and that's how he ended up with a DC and a Marvel project lined up. If Disney hadn't fired him, would Warner Bros have hired him? Plus, Gunn has said that he will only work on GOTG again after POST-production on SS is done. If he has to wait even after the main production is done, that makes me wonder if there's some agreement that he can only work with one until he is completely detached from the other.
    Gunn has stated multiple times that there's no sort of Marvel / DC rivalry at the studios. Nobody in the film/tv side of the superhero industry has ever alleged as such.

Gunn has stated multiple times that there's no sort of Marvel / DC rivalry at the studios. Nobody in the film/tv side of the superhero industry has ever alleged as such.
    Just because Gunn doesn't remember it, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. There has been shade thrown at each other from people who work at both sides. Robert Downey Junior said ''**** DC'' at the very beginning of his Marvel career. David Ayer shouted ''**** Marvel'' at the premiere of the first Suicide Squad movie. Zack Snyder literally praised his work on Superman and Batman by diminishing the Ant-Man franchise, calling it ''flavor of the week''. Josh Brolin has said DC is a ''total failure'' and Marvel is a ''total success'' when asked about the two film companies. Can you honestly say that what led those people to act like that WASN'T a sense of rivalry? It definitely fueled the already existing fire. I'm not saying the two companies hate each other overall and I definitely think the rivalry is bigger between fans, but to act like it doesn't exist is just too naive.

But my point here isn't even about creative rivalry, but a simple corporate competition that naturally exists whenever two big companies occupy the same market. This is true not only for Marvel and DC, but for Disney and WB, the bigger companies that own them. They are gonna do things to protect their brand. Things like when DC decided to drop the ''Captain Marvel'' and ''Marvel Family'' names from their stories completely. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that that decision was made because they wanted to avoid association with their main competitor. Chris Hemsworth once claimed it was ''illegal'' for him to take a role in a DC movie, and while I think he wasn't being literal about the illegal part, I do think he probably meant to say there is some unwritten rule that if you are heavily linked to one company the way he is, it's not encouraged for you to jump ship. Zachary Levi similarly stated that if they had kept him in the MCU, he wouldn't have landed the role of Shazam!. If Marvel announced today that they managed to get Henry Cavill to sign a contract with them for a big role in a movie or show, I can almost guarantee you his time with DC would be over.

Anyway, this is getting a bit off topic and I'm not even sure if it would really apply to Allan Heinberg working on Sandman, since that is Vertigo and usually disconnected from the DC brand.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-04-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

EXCLUSIVE: MODOK FEATURED IN PREVIOUS DRAFT OF ‘ANT-MAN 3’ WRITTEN BY PAUL RUDD; MARVEL WANTS YOUNG AVENGERS IN FILM
    https://thegww.com/exclusive-modok-f...ngers-in-film/

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    EXCLUSIVE: MODOK FEATURED IN PREVIOUS DRAFT OF ‘ANT-MAN 3’ WRITTEN BY PAUL RUDD; MARVEL WANTS YOUNG AVENGERS IN FILM
    https://thegww.com/exclusive-modok-f...ngers-in-film/
    I know there have been talks about the YA appearing in Ant-Man 3 for a while now, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. If they want to set up the team through Cassie, I'm totally fine with that. But I don't think the team, as a whole, should have their official debut there, 'cause it might feel too rushed. I like the idea of each of the members being set up in a different production, and then they come together for the first time as a team in the actual Young Avengers production.

The perfect scenario for me would be Cassie getting an arc that leads to her getting her powers in the movie, highlighting her desire to become a hero. And then in a post-credits scene, we see her running into Nate, who time traveled through the Quantum Realm to present day, and he says he needs her help. And then BOOM, you go straight to a YA movie or show after that, using the characters that were established in other shows/movies.

So, Jim shared this other piece of art:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-mfo8zjuEy/

I think that's Tommy on the left corner with his Speed suit. And the character front and center is Christoph Nord (previously Maverick, currently Agent Zero), a depowered mutant. Also, it LOOKS like it could be Wanda on the right. Jim also replied to someone's comment saying this is NOT for Empyre.

I'm trying to piece everything together... why would all these characters be on the same book? So I looked up more info on Christoph and found out his most recent appearance was in the current Doctor Doom book. We know Doctor Doom, alongside Wanda, will be involved in the upcoming Darkhold story. The writer of Darkhold, Steve Orlando, already said Avengers: The Children's Crusade was an inspiration for his story. So maybe Tommy (and perhaps Billy) will be a part of Darkhold somehow due to their connection to Wanda, and Jim's doing some art for that?

So in regards to Eli, what exactly happened with the rights to the character that Marvel seems to be able to use him again? Did we ever get news on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So in regards to Eli, what exactly happened with the rights to the character that Marvel seems to be able to use him again? Did we ever get news on that?
    Nobody knows. Marvel never acknowledged the Bradley ''problem'' at all; fans basically figured out by themselves based on evidence and what other creators said. They didn't even make a big deal out of Eli returning in Marvel Comics #1000, so I'm just assuming they're gonna act like nothing happened.