Page 36 of 131 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Carlos Gómez, the artist for the upcoming America Chavez mini, did the SixFanarts challenge, which was basically just a big fanservice for YA fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Carlos Gómez, the artist for the upcoming America Chavez mini, did the SixFanarts challenge, which was basically just a big fanservice for YA fans.

Love all of those designs!!! (Except the Hulkling!)

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Love all of those designs!!! (Except the Hulkling!)
    I love his Hulkling. He's so adorable. Especially with the blushing.
    #EmmaWasRight

Astonishing Member

Very well done art.

So, I hadn't really checked him and... His America is definetely... Interesting lol.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Y3TLwn_Vd/

I wonder if getting a more cheesecake artist is Marvel's way of trying to, well... Cleanse the taste of her previous book(?)

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I love his Hulkling. He's so adorable. Especially with the blushing.
    Now that I've seen the Empyre art, I can't see Teddy in any other way!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So, I hadn't really checked him and... His America is definetely... Interesting lol.

I wonder if getting a more cheesecake artist is Marvel's way of trying to, well... Cleanse the taste of her previous book(?)
    He said the art isn't necessarily indicative of the actual book, so it might not be as cheesecake-y as it is there. Especially where MAC's butt is concerned .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He said the art isn't necessarily indicative of the actual book, so it might not be as cheesecake-y as it is there. Especially where MAC's butt is concerned .
    Yeah, I read the part about the back shot. But it still feels like a more cheesecake portrayal overall, even from the 6 characters fanart pic you can see it.

I'm not exactly complaining, but I feel like it's something that wouldn't happen a couple years ago and it's probably not a coincidence... Seeing that he also did Mary Jane, and considering that the new Spider-Woman has panels like this, I'm lowkey seeing a pattern of continuing to have female writers writing female solos to bring "authentic voices" and all that, but not worrying much about sexualization and having the art appeal to male fans in that way...

Why so many ass shots?

Yeah, his design led to a whole discourse among MAC fans about what exactly was Marvel's intention with this, but I'm not judging anything until I read the actual book. I posted a B&W preview of his interior art for the comic on page 34 and it looks pretty normal to me. I guess we'll see when the whole thing comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Why so many ass shots?
    It's actually just one ass shot in the bigger image, but he posted the same ass shot like 4 times in a row on his IG post, which made it... weirder than it should be, I guess.

Hopefully the direction from the writing and editorial staff is strong enough to circumvent any cheesecakey-ness. Kenneth Rocafort ended up being fine on The Ultimates.

Yeah, his design led to a whole discourse among MAC fans about what exactly was Marvel's intention with this, but I'm not judging anything until I read the actual book. I posted a B&W preview of his interior art for the comic on page 34 and it looks pretty normal to me. I guess we'll see when the whole thing comes out.

It's actually just one ass shot in the bigger image, but he posted the same ass shot like 4 times in a row on his IG post, which made it... weirder than it should be, I guess.
    Marvels Intention is to just be petty that's the only reason this solo is happening. Great for YA/MAC fans but still petty. He does hyper sexualize her though clearly his intent too those comments on his Instagram are 90% about her being Thic and Faping and he's egging it on I could see why some people might be upset.

Yeah, I read the part about the back shot. But it still feels like a more cheesecake portrayal overall, even from the 6 characters fanart pic you can see it.
    It seems like just the kind of standard stylized take on Superheroes in my opinion. So the looks are exaggerated on both the men and the women. Kind of like Bruce Timm but with more solid physical proportions (if that makes any sense?).
    I'm not exactly complaining, but I feel like it's something that wouldn't happen a couple years ago and it's probably not a coincidence... Seeing that he also did Mary Jane, and considering that the new Spider-Woman has panels like this, I'm lowkey seeing a pattern of continuing to have female writers writing female solos to bring "authentic voices" and all that, but not worrying much about sexualization and having the art appeal to male fans in that way...
    It's Land on Spider-Woman, right? No surprise there. I'd be kind of shocked if the script explicitly called for Jess to be posed that way, although with the dialogue maybe it was somewhat intentional...But it was probably just Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Marvels Intention is to just be petty that's the only reason this solo is happening. Great for YA/MAC fans but still petty. He does hyper sexualize her though clearly his intent too those comments on his Instagram are 90% about her being Thic and Faping and he's egging it on I could see why some people might be upset.
    I mean the intention behind the art. I agree that the intention about the book itself is to stick it to Image. LOL

About the comments on his IG... actually, a lot of people didn't even care at first. But then a couple of people complained about the ass shot and the ComicsGate vultures got involved, spreading the narrative that ''SJWs attack artist!!!'', so his post on IG got a bunch of attention and pervs from the CG crowd as a result. I definitely think he shouldn't encourage them, though, but I'm not even sure if he realizes what happened.

It seems like just the kind of standard stylized take on Superheroes in my opinion. So the looks are exaggerated on both the men and the women. Kind of like Bruce Timm but with more solid physical proportions (if that makes any sense?).
    Yeah it's nothing too absurd but I just feel like for a while ago Marvel was making an effort not to have this type of art on female-led books. If you look at the ANAD relaunch, where there was Anka's Captain Marvel, Rodriguez' Spider-Woman, redesigned Angela, etc.

It's Land on Spider-Woman, right? No surprise there. I'd be kind of shocked if the script explicitly called for Jess to be posed that way, although with the dialogue maybe it was somewhat intentional...But it was probably just Land.
    Afaik that's Pere Perez, the main artist of the book. Land isn't in this.