Page 38 of 131 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

According to this schedule, Empyre won’t start till the end of June, which means we won’t get our Emperor Hulkling till July, if at all.
    https://www.newsarama.com/50048-marv...gh-july-8.html

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel YA fans were just cheated and humiliated throughout the entirety of April they played us!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Insiders are talking about the Young Avengers coming to the MCU... again.

https://twitter.com/_CharlesMurphy/s...26201000988672

I just want a goddamn official announcement from Marvel. Is that too much to ask?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Maybe Marvel should consider following the Netflix model. Do a few teen hero series' like Hawkeye with Kate, Iron Heart with Riri, Secret Invasion with Teddy, do something with Billy and Tommy, maybe do something with Ms America.

Use the Kid Loki from the Loki series and then bring all the series' together under a Young Avengers/Champions/New Warriors/Whatever name after audiences are invested and they see who performs well.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Maybe Marvel should consider following the Netflix model. Do a few teen hero series' like Hawkeye with Kate, Iron Heart with Riri, Secret Invasion with Teddy, do something with Billy and Tommy, maybe do something with Ms America.

Use the Kid Loki from the Loki series and then bring all the series' together under a Young Avengers/Champions/New Warriors/Whatever name after audiences are invested and they see who performs well.
    I mean, that seems to be what they're doing already. Everything points out to several Young Avengers members (plus Riri and Kamala) appearing in other productions before an eventual crossover. I don't want them to mix things up too much, though. If they're using the Young Avengers name (and they likely are, considering every piece of information we get about it says so), then I want the actual Young Avengers members to be prioritized instead of characters like Riri or Kamala. I would absolutely hate for them to scrap YA members and replace them with other characters who were never a part of the team. Or give too much spotlight to those characters while letting the actual YA be supporting characters for them. Like, I could live with Ironheart being a part of the team, but she should be added AFTER they do Iron Lad's arc and he leaves the team. Making Riri a member from the beginning and completely erasing Nate just changes the team in a way that I don't like (plus, you miss on introducing Kang entirely, which is a damn shame).

I can see them not using Iron Lad. I'm sure they can piece together an appropriate narrative for assembling the YA -- even WITH Kang involved -- without his younger self doing the assembling. Of all the origin characters, Nate is easily lowest on my priority scale when it comes to modifying his narrative.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I can see them not using Iron Lad. I'm sure they can piece together an appropriate narrative for assembling the YA -- even WITH Kang involved -- without his younger self doing the assembling. Of all the origin characters, Nate is easily lowest on my priority scale when it comes to modifying his narrative.
    Yeah, Nate (and Jonas) are at the bottom of my list. Cassie, Teddy, Billy and Kate seem like must-haves, with Eli and Tommy (and / or America Chavez, who wasn't in the original group, but is my favorite of the second generation) as 'would-be-nices.'

But I do agree with what Drops of Venus is saying about not wanting to see a Young Avengers show being a vehicle for Riri or Kamala or some other not-even-a-Young-Avenger...

Oh, btw, I almost forgot to talk about this, but Anthony Oliveira was a guest on a podcast, and while it was mostly unrelated to his Emperor Hulkling one-shot, he did drop some hints:

- Tommy and David's kiss from vol. 2 will be brought up, apparently
    - David's role in the book will be kind of a ''passing of the baton'' before he leaves to the X-side of things (referencing X-Factor)
    - The book will address the Kree Civil War that had been going on
    - At one point, he says Teddy probably wouldn't feel too comfortable impersonating Spider-Man and he would probably choose someone like Daredevil as a disguise instead, and then he followed that up by saying that ''he almost spoiled something from the book'' by saying that. Take that as you will...

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I just don't see the point. Like, you have a perfectly good way to introduce Kang already. Why bend over backwards to change that? Nate's story as a hero who's destined to become a villain is an actual good plot point that makes for great film/television. I will agree that, looking back, Nate wasn't the most memorable YA member in the comics, but that's what adaptions are for; you can take underdeveloped characters and give them more depth. Look at what the Runaways show did with The Pride, for example.

I'm protective with the YA's origins because I really think it has so much potential to connect to bigger parts of the MCU. Not only you have Nathaniel Richards and all of his different aliases across time and space, but you can also explore Nate as a descendant of Reed Richards. Imagine the Young Avengers being the catalyst to not only the next big villain, but to the Fantastic freaking Four? I would LIKE to see them being given this kind of importance, precisely because the comics have disappointed us in keeping the YA as a central part of the MU. Seeing them being at the front line of the MCU like that could be a game changer, and maybe even inspire the comics to bring the team back to the spotlight.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-06-2020 at 05:46 AM.

Amazing Member

That sounds great, at least some YA crumbs. What podcast was it?

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    That sounds great, at least some YA crumbs. What podcast was it?
    https://twitter.com/MultiversityPod/...93907034947586

It was basically a long quiz game, and the main subject was the Young Avengers. It was a pretty fun listen, specially if you decide to play along.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I mean, that seems to be what they're doing already. Everything points out to several Young Avengers members (plus Riri and Kamala) appearing in other productions before an eventual crossover. I don't want them to mix things up too much, though. If they're using the Young Avengers name (and they likely are, considering every piece of information we get about it says so), then I want the actual Young Avengers members to be prioritized instead of characters like Riri or Kamala. I would absolutely hate for them to scrap YA members and replace them with other characters who were never a part of the team. Or give too much spotlight to those characters while letting the actual YA be supporting characters for them. Like, I could live with Ironheart being a part of the team, but she should be added AFTER they do Iron Lad's arc and he leaves the team. Making Riri a member from the beginning and completely erasing Nate just changes the team in a way that I don't like (plus, you miss on introducing Kang entirely, which is a damn shame).
    I think you're going to end up disappointed UNLESS we get Kang very soon.

Iron Lad's big reveal means nothing if no one knows who Kang is. I'd really expect a super simplified streamlined combo team of YA and Champions. I'm not even convinced they'll do a Billy/Wanda connection as that has never made sense in crazy comics, to MCU only fans - seems like the sort of thing they'd axe for them.

Both of which suck, as I always prefer comic accurate stuff, but I just dont see it here given MCU simplification 'rules.'
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I think you're going to end up disappointed UNLESS we get Kang very soon.

Iron Lad's big reveal means nothing if no one knows who Kang is. I'd really expect a super simplified streamlined combo team of YA and Champions. I'm not even convinced they'll do a Billy/Wanda connection as that has never made sense in crazy comics, to MCU only fans - seems like the sort of thing they'd axe for them.

Both of which suck, as I always prefer comic accurate stuff, but I just dont see it here given MCU simplification 'rules.'
    If anything they'll just simply the Wanda/Minimoff connection, just nix the whole reincarnation thing and have them be Wanda's biological children. The only Sacrifice to that would be the Kaplans, and possibly Billy's Judaism.

Yet even those need not be lost if they make it so the twins end up separated from Wanda at some point and have them get adopted. Less convoluted that way, they have options.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Just thought I'd pop into the conversation and say that there ARE rumours of Kang being introduced into the MCU soon. I've seen rumours on Reddit that Kang is going to be introduced in the upcoming Loki Disney+ series, allegedly Marvel has been looking at Kelsey Grammar and Richard E. Grant for the role. There have also been rumours that the MCU Young Avengers roster will be the same as the original comics roster.

Now this is all rumours so take it with the appropriate grains of salt.

It's worth noting that any YA adaptation, even if they stick to the OG roster, won't be a direct adaptation of any comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Insiders are talking about the Young Avengers coming to the MCU... again.

https://twitter.com/_CharlesMurphy/s...26201000988672

I just want a goddamn official announcement from Marvel. Is that too much to ask?
    I think a lot of things in regards to film/tv production are up in the air right now because of... well... everything...