Page 39 of 131 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Yeah, I think all the MCU has ready is Black Widow, which would be out by now if not for the pandemic? Possibly WandaVision if they finished principal photography. Everything else will be delayed.

They won't be announcing anything else for a while, so Young Avengers, Ironheart and Secret Warriors rumours popping up right now makes no sense. Their focus will be on deciding when and how it's safe to resume making the already announced slate.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I think you're going to end up disappointed UNLESS we get Kang very soon.

Iron Lad's big reveal means nothing if no one knows who Kang is. I'd really expect a super simplified streamlined combo team of YA and Champions. I'm not even convinced they'll do a Billy/Wanda connection as that has never made sense in crazy comics, to MCU only fans - seems like the sort of thing they'd axe for them.

Both of which suck, as I always prefer comic accurate stuff, but I just dont see it here given MCU simplification 'rules.'
    We don't need a ''reveal'' in the MCU. The reveal worked in the comics because the characters were new and no one knew their stories. If they ever decide to bring Nate Richards to the MCU as Iron Lad, his story won't be a secret anymore and anyone who bothers to Google the character will know everything about him. So him being Kang doesn't need to be a plot twist or anything like that. They could just tell his story in chronological order: we meet his younger self first, we hear about who he becomes in the future, but instead of knowing everything about Kang beforehand, we get the journey of how he get to that point over the course of different movies and shows. Kang would be the endgame villain, not the starting point. I think that's a pretty good storytelling method that would actually allow the audience to be invested in Nathaniel Richards as a character before we are fully introduced to Kang in his full villainous glory.

As for Billy and Wanda, I'm afraid it's too late to not connect them anymore, since we are literally getting the magical twins plot in WandaVision, in addition to casting call reports that Hulkling will be on the same show. I don't think they would be using WandaVision as a way to introduce three major Young Avengers if they didn't want to recreate the connection that existed between them in the comics. They might change just how exactly they're connected, but I do think a connection will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They won't be announcing anything else for a while, so Young Avengers, Ironheart and Secret Warriors rumours popping up right now makes no sense. Their focus will be on deciding when and how it's safe to resume making the already announced slate.
    Those are not just rumors, though. Charles Murphy says they know those things are in development because there are actual production grids that list those projects, and I see no reason to believe he would lie about this. He's been right enough times to know what he's talking about. He pointed out, though, that having new projects in production grids does NOT mean they will happen FOR SURE, 'cause things can often change (he mentioned the Silver & Black movie as an example). But the projects DO exist in a very early stage of development. And it's actually not that strange that they are being planned right now. With the entirety of Hollywood on hold, there's nothing for them to do other than brainstorm ideas. They could be taking this time to push some planned projects forward, look for potential writers, directors, producers, etc.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-07-2020 at 04:27 AM.

YOUNG AVENGERS NATION, RISE UP FOR OUR MONTHLY CRUMBS FROM MR. JIM CHEUNG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAYyWyUDqQY/

Looks like a flashback, right? Judging by their costumes. And is that Spider-Man's feet in front of Kate? LOL

I am, once again, bringing this thread back and hoping no one will leave me hanging.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that Carlos Gomez, who was going to be the artist on the America Chavez: Made In The USA mini, has stopped posting about his work on the book for a while now and is only posting about something he's doing for X-Men, apparently. I think it's very unlikely he already completed all five issues of the MAC book, since he worked on it for like, less than a month before Marvel gave the order for some books to be put on hold. I'm not even sure if he ever finished the first issue. My guess is that AC:MITUSA was definitely among the titles that were paused.

Also, I tried to check the book page on the ComiXology and Marvel Digital Store websites, and the page is not available anymore in either:

https://comicstore.marvel.com/Americ...omic/55055?r=1
    https://www.comixology.com/America-C...l-comic/851146

I'm trying not to be too negative here... but I have this awful feeling that Marvel might quietly bury this book and act like it was never a thing.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-27-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I am, once again, bringing this thread back and hoping no one will leave me hanging.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that Carlos Gomez, who was going to be the artist on the America Chavez: Made In The USA mini, has stopped posting about his work on the book for a while now and is only posting about something he's doing for X-Men, apparently. I think it's very unlikely he already completed all five issues of the MAC book, since he worked on it for like, less than a month before Marvel gave the order for some books to be put on hold. I'm not even sure if he ever finished the first issue. My guess is that AC:MITUSA was definitely among the titles that were paused.

Also, I tried to check the book page on the ComiXology and Marvel Digital Store websites, and the page is not available anymore in either:

I'm trying not to be too negative here... but I have this awful feeling that Marvel might quietly bury this book and act like it was never a thing.
    Nah Marvel's petty and they still wanna bury the other book it'll come out delayed for who knows how long but it will come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Nah Marvel's petty and they still wanna bury the other book it'll come out delayed for who knows how long but it will come out.
    Well, the ''other book'', All-America Comix, as it turns out, is just a one-shot, and I honestly don't think it even made any impact ever since it was announced. I don't think it'll need any help from Marvel when it comes to being forgotten, LOL. I just think that in the middle of a global pandemic, Marvel has concerns bigger than sticking it to Image.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-27-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

YOUNG AVENGERS NATION, RISE UP FOR OUR MONTHLY CRUMBS FROM MR. JIM CHEUNG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAYyWyUDqQY/

Looks like a flashback, right? Judging by their costumes. And is that Spider-Man's feet in front of Kate? LOL
    Wait Miles and Eli in the same book? That would be way cool if that's a possibility!

Peter, not Miles. Miles doesn't have web patterns on his boots.

If true, I feel sorry for Gomez, as he gave up four issues of work on Amazing Mary Jane in order to do five issues of America Chavez.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-27-2020 at 05:31 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Peter, not Miles. Miles doesn't have web patterns on his boots.
    Yeah, that looks like Peter. Jim has only ever drawn the YA with Peter either in covers or in action scenes with the (New) Avengers on Heinberg's run. I'd say this is not a cover, because he draws the characters with their current designs when doing current covers (as evidenced by Empyre #5), so my best guess is that this is a interior flashback to the Heinberg/Bendis days of Avengers titles. Now which book is going to use that, I have no idea.

And in case anyone forgot, some previous art he posted was of Tommy doing a hang-loose sign, and another image with Tommy, someone that looks like it could be Wanda and Maverick/Agent Zero. This last character is what really throws me off, because I don't think the YA ever interacted with him at all.

If true, I feel sorry for Gomez, as he gave up four issues of work on Amazing Mary Jane in order to do five issues of America Chavez.
    I mean, this is PURELY speculative on my part. I surely HOPE I'm wrong, but things are not looking good right now. If the book was paused that early into production and Carlos already moved on to another project, that definitely puts it in a tough spot where Marvel can just choose to not release it.

Amazing Member

Not to derail the conversation, but since the haircut places are finally opening up in my area, and I’m in desperate need of one, can anyone identify Billy’s haircut from Incoming!, or at least what I should ask for? I’m bad at describing what I want at the barber shop. Any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    Not to derail the conversation, but since the haircut places are finally opening up in my area, and I’m in desperate need of one, can anyone identify Billy’s haircut from Incoming!, or at least what I should ask for? I’m bad at describing what I want at the barber shop. Any help would be great.
    Billy's haircut is called an undercut. Google it for some examples. If you have a phone, you can always save some pictures and show it to your barber.

I kinda hate that he has an undercut now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I kinda hate that he has an undercut now.
    I don't hate it... but I don't think it really fits him as drawn by Jim Cheung. When Luciano Vecchio does it (like in my avatar), it looks like a better fit.

My personal hairstyle choice for Billy would be something really preppy/nerdy. I LOVED Jamie McKelvie's school boy hairstyle for him and will always defend it when people hate on it. To me, Billy should always look like a fanboy. Also, even though I hated Gerardo Sandoval's overall take on him, I really liked his idea of Billy having ''anime hair'', and I would like to see more of that, done by the right artist.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-30-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Amazing Member

Has there been an in-canon event where Billy seeks help for his mental health issues? I know Teddy pulled him out of depression in Children’s Crusade, and he admitted to having depression and anxiety in New Avengers, but have they addressed how hes coping with these? Teddy asked if he was having “one of his days” in New Avengers, but the only therapy I can think of was Teddy’s “therapist” in YA Vol 2, which wasn’t really real. Honestly, I’d like to see that, or see something like that addressed. Mental health is a big problem for LGBT+ people, and showing or addressing that on-panel would be profound for people who already relate to the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    Has there been an in-canon event where Billy seeks help for his mental health issues? I know Teddy pulled him out of depression in Children’s Crusade, and he admitted to having depression and anxiety in New Avengers, but have they addressed how hes coping with these? Teddy asked if he was having “one of his days” in New Avengers, but the only therapy I can think of was Teddy’s “therapist” in YA Vol 2, which wasn’t really real. Honestly, I’d like to see that, or see something like that addressed. Mental health is a big problem for LGBT+ people, and showing or addressing that on-panel would be profound for people who already relate to the characters.
    No, I don't think we've seen any evidence that Billy has ever sought any kind of therapy. The only Young Avenger whom I can think of that's been shown to have a therapist was Kate back in Young Avengers Special, but even that was completely sidelined, since Marvel never discussed her being a sexual assault victim again.

It's definitely a missed opportunity for Marvel to not go there with Billy, specially considering his own mom is a therapist. There are some interesting angles that could be explored there. It would also be nice if he ever sought fellow magic user Doctor Voodoo for treatment, since he is a psychologist too.