Page 4 of 131 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Autocorrect? It's Multiverse of Madness, not Mountains.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Probably the best part about this Wanda Vision thing is their probably gonna make a new comic series around the 2 like their doing with Falcon and Bucky. And if the twins do pop up it'll probably be the only chance we'll get familial bonding with all 4 of them, plus maybe Viv.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    He didnt even book it seems to suggest he wasnt cast anyway.

It would make sense to have the twins, so Wanda can go insane ready for Mountains of Madness. I wonder if that might mean Mephisto might be the big character they wanted to use....
    I don't know this could be like James Gunn whose favorite comic character was Mantis, I've got a feeling it could either Brother Voodoo or go with a character everyone wants, Dr Doom.

Still, if Young Avengers became a regular monthly what storylines could they have done?
    I feel like they didn't do enough to establish how hard the team was trying to be taken seriously, there own personal emotions about the Civil War and being used as pawns.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 01-06-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I don't know this could be like James Gunn whose favorite comic character was Mantis, I've got a feeling it could either Brother Voodoo or go with a character everyone wants, Dr Doom.
    That's so ironic given how he treated her character in the movies .

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Article about Hulkling's role in Incoming... only, someone can't spell Teddy's name, as they call him Hulking throughout!
    https://www.cbr.com/marvels-incoming...sible-villain/
    That's a really common mistake. I see so many people calling him Hulking. I guess the fact that ''hulking'' is an actual english word makes it easier for people to forget that little L that's supposed to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    He didnt even book it seems to suggest he wasnt cast anyway.

It would make sense to have the twins, so Wanda can go insane ready for Mountains of Madness. I wonder if that might mean Mephisto might be the big character they wanted to use....
    Well, we'll have to see just how much inspiration they will take from the comics. The fact that we will see William and Thomas Maximoff growing up so fast is already a deviation from the source material, since they never got past their baby years there. Some people doubt that the MCU will try to do the whole ''babies dying then reincarnating'' thing, and I can see why they would think that. Still, I'm not completely convinced that the kids that we'll see on the show will stick around as we know them. Much like Wanda and Viz being a suburban couple is probably not a concept that they'll want to keep once the show is done, I think if William and Thomas make it outside of Wanda's dream world, they are going to be different, and that's when I think they could potentially take the inspiration from the comics to make Wiccan/Speed happen. It may not necessarily involve all of the elements from the comics; maybe we won't get the whole Mephisto thing. But I think it's possible that the characters might be rebooted somehow, specially with the multiverse playing a role between WandaVision and Doctor Strange 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Probably the best part about this Wanda Vision thing is their probably gonna make a new comic series around the 2 like their doing with Falcon and Bucky. And if the twins do pop up it'll probably be the only chance we'll get familial bonding with all 4 of them, plus maybe Viv.
    I wish that was the case, but then I remember that both Wanda and Vision got solo comics in recent years that just merely mentioned their connection to the boys, while choosing to completely skip over any actual meaningful interaction and bonding between them... so yeah, I'm not exactly putting too much trust that Billy and Tommy would have a relevant role in a Scarlet Witch & Vision duo book. I hope the book happens anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Still, if Young Avengers became a regular monthly what storylines could they have done?
    I feel like they didn't do enough to establish how hard the team was trying to be taken seriously, there own personal emotions about the Civil War and being used as pawns.
    Well, I know what I'd write about: I think a new Young Avengers book should absolutely be a follow up to their status quo at the end of Avengers: Children's Crusade. The Young Avengers are full-fledged Avengers now, and we would see them having to tackle all of the responsibilities that come with that. We would get a lot of crossovers with the older Avengers members and how they fit into that world. Cassie is alive again, so we would see her adjusting to being back with the team. Eli is finally back too, so the same for him. Definitely an arc explaining what happened to Jonas' remains and if the team plans on trying to bring him back somehow. Possibly an arc with the team being reunited with an older and more evil Nate, showing us a little bit more of what he's been up to ever since Children's Crusade and how his journey into villainy is unfolding.

After all of that is out of the way, I'd be ok with some new members coming in and the book branching out to tell other stories. Like a space arc to deal with Teddy's cosmic stuff. An arc focusing on Tommy, getting to know more about his life, backstory, etc. And whichever new stories we might get from new characters.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-07-2020 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's a really common mistake. I see so many people calling him Hulking. I guess the fact that ''hulking'' is an actual english word makes it easier for people to forget that little L that's supposed to be there.

Well, we'll have to see just how much inspiration they will take from the comics. The fact that we will see William and Thomas Maximoff growing up so fast is already a deviation from the source material, since they never got past their baby years there. Some people doubt that the MCU will try to do the whole ''babies dying then reincarnating'' thing, and I can see why they would think that. Still, I'm not completely convinced that the kids that we'll see on the show will stick around as we know them. Much like Wanda and Viz being a suburban couple is probably not a concept that they'll want to keep once the show is done, I think if William and Thomas make it outside of Wanda's dream world, they are going to be different, and that's when I think they could potentially take the inspiration from the comics to make Wiccan/Speed happen. It may not necessarily involve all of the elements from the comics; maybe we won't get the whole Mephisto thing. But I think it's possible that the characters might be rebooted somehow, specially with the multiverse playing a role between WandaVision and Doctor Strange 2.
    You mean, Wanda's kids dying/not being real like in the comics at the end of WandaVision, and then versions from an AU where they lived and/or were reincarnated like in the comics showing up in Multiverse Of Madness?

A new Young Avengers book would also probably have to deal with the Outlawed status quo. Some of them are adults now but I think 21-year olds are still impacted by the anti-teen vigilante law.

But that might be encroaching too much on Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You mean, Wanda's kids dying/not being real like in the comics at the end of WandaVision, and then versions from an AU where they lived and/or were reincarnated like in the comics showing up in Multiverse Of Madness?
    Which would be silly if they want to establish Billy and Tommy as YA members. Because them getting her former kids' spiritual essence proved they weren't imaginary. That was likely another Mephisto manipulation. Like he manipulated Master Pandemonium.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. I think the tipping point of WandaVision will be when Wanda starts to realize the ''perfect world'' is not real and she might desperately try to bring it to reality by perhaps tapping into a new power source that allows her to warp reality. She might do some damage to the multiverse itself in the process, and that's when Doctor Strange comes in. When the dust settles, maybe a new status quo will exist in the MCU; different realities will be merged or something like that, and that's how we get Billy and Tommy in the main timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A new Young Avengers book would also probably have to deal with the Outlawed status quo. Some of them are adults now but I think 21-year olds are still impacted by the anti-teen vigilante law.

But that might be encroaching too much on Champions.
    I'm kinda trying to block Outlawed from my mind 'cause I reeeaaally don't want them being involved in what seems to be mostly a Champions story. So I'm just hoping that if we get a new YA book this year and the Outlawed thing is still taking place, the writer will just come up with a clever excuse to leave them out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Which would be silly if they want to establish Billy and Tommy as YA members. Because them getting her former kids' spiritual essence proved they weren't imaginary. That was likely another Mephisto manipulation. Like he manipulated Master Pandemonium.
    Well, my thinking is that maybe they weren't real at first, but if the show deals with Wanda warping reality, they might be able to say she managed to make them real at the end of it all, just perhaps not in the way she expected them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm kinda trying to block Outlawed from my mind 'cause I reeeaaally don't want them being involved in what seems to be mostly a Champions story. So I'm just hoping that if we get a new YA book this year and the Outlawed thing is still taking place, the writer will just come up with a clever excuse to leave them out of it.
    I mean, the Champions are spearheading it, but it feels like it's relevant to all teen/young adult heroes.

Yeah, I won't be surprised if MULTIPLE new books get announced this week or next. Champions and maybe a solo or two and/or another team. There's only five other teen books still running - Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales, Ghost-Spider, Runaways, and the new Strange Academy. Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, and Ironheart all ended recently, along with Future Foundation.

As for Young Avengers, Hulkling's involvement in Empyre could be an excuse for the YAs to avoid Outlawed. If they go off world...
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-07-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Marvel Studios May Be Looking To Cast Kid Loki For The Upcoming Disney+ Series

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma..._campaign=test

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Marvel Studios May Be Looking To Cast Kid Loki For The Upcoming Disney+ Series

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma..._campaign=test
    It's weird how despite being such s big part of Volume 2 in my mind I still don't consider Kid Loki an actual member of the team.

I'd be somewhat hesitant to him being added as I felt Kieron Gillen gave him way too much focus, giving him the lion share of dialogue and plot importance to detriment of everyone not named Billy.

Also on the subject of how Billy and Tommy are made real in the MCU I think they'll just make it so when Wanda's dream world collapses and they're presumed it'll be shown the survived somehow, it's reality warping magic after all no need to get technical about it.

Maybe have it so they have amnesia, get separated and adopted by Kaplans and Shepards respectively.

I think they'll avoid the whole reincarnation/soul merging thing because 1. It's always been confusing and never made much sense and 2. There always been uncomfortable yet unaddressed notion that Billy and Tommy essentially bodysnatched two other boys in order to be reborn, overwriting who they might of been and supplanting their lives.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I won't be surprised if MULTIPLE new books get announced this week or next. Champions and maybe a solo or two and/or another team. There's only five other teen books still running - Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales, Ghost-Spider, Runaways, and the new Strange Academy. Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, and Ironheart all ended recently, along with Future Foundation.

As for Young Avengers, Hulkling's involvement in Empyre could be an excuse for the YAs to avoid Outlawed. If they go off world...
    I've not checked sales numbers in a long while, but I've seen very few people talking about Ms Marvel, Miles Morales or Ghost-Spider. I know trade sales are higher than single issues, but I dunno how much longevity they have.

There are a few possibilities:
    1. Champions relaunch. Outside of Miles & Kamala the rest of the team don't have any exposure, and they're too good to drop. Oulawed will probably yield opportunity for the title to be revived.
    2. Maybe a New Warriors title, given Night Thrasher & Nova are back in action. There's opportunity here to move in Squirrel Girl or Spider-Girl etc. with the mutants busy on Krakoa.
    3. Young Avengers. I'm half expecting an Empyre spin-off miniseries. Billy & Cassie have books, but it doesn't rule them out. Kate, America, Tommy & Eli aren't doing anything rn either.
    4. Agents of Atlas. It's all been mini-series so far right? They seem to have done well so the next step would be an ongoing title. Maybe use the Masters of the Sky that debuted in MFF like Luna Snow & Crescent did.