Page 42 of 131 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Hey for Tommy and Billy in the MCU how would people feel about 1 actor playing both characters?
    Eh, them looking like twins isn't that huge a deal for me (since they clearly aren't actual biological twins, nor are they meant to be identical, thanks to the hair color, if nothing else). Two actors is fine, as long as they are close to the same height / build / body type. Heck, since they are only brothers 'in spirit,' I wouldn't even be all that fussed by the actors being different races. (That said, arglebargle would result, and I have no idea if Marvel wants to dance in that minefield.)

I always find the same actors playing twins to be cool. La Usurpadora teas.

Hey for Tommy and Billy in the MCU how would people feel about 1 actor playing both characters?
    I don't want that if I have a choice. 1000's of twins in the world surely they can find a pair.

Should Eli receive a power bump being slightly stronger works great for Captain America mainly cause he has years of fighting experience. Eli as is represents a youth who is slightly stronger than average.

If you want to read about Eli's grandfather, the story, Truth: Red, White and Black, is available for free!
    https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-un...lack-creators/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I would totally be for Timothee Chalamet as Billy. Maybe also Lucas Hedges even if he doesn't quite have the look.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I would totally be for Timothee Chalamet as Billy. Maybe also Lucas Hedges even if he doesn't quite have the look.
    Neither of those work, both are way too old they should cast teen twins so they can have some longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If you want to read about Eli's grandfather, the story, Truth: Red, White and Black, is available for free!
    https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-un...lack-creators/
    Thanks! Shame the never expanded on him Josiah X, and covering their whole family legacy.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm totally ok with that. There are many cases of actors playing more than one character in a movie or TV show, and it can be well done. I mean, after Tatiana Maslany brilliantly playing multiple characters on Orphan Black, I don't think anyone can argue it's not possible. And Marvel definitely has the budget to make it look as good and convincing as possible.

As a matter of fact, I think getting one actor might be more practical, in terms of casting. Casting twins for big roles is always a challenge, 'cause the pool of actors you get to choose from is significantly smaller, so you don't get to fully explore all of the potential actors for the role. And if they're gonna go for some typecasting, like getting a queer/jewish actor to play Billy, then it's even more difficult to find a pair of twins that would fit the bill. I'm ok with them casting twins if they truly feel like it was the best choice, but if they feel like there is a single actor who is versatile enough and the best option to kick ass as both characters, then they should go for that. I just don't want them to settle for anything less than the best, like DC/CW who were so fixated on getting a queer actress for Batwoman that they ended up casting someone who clearly wasn't prepared for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, okay I definitely applaud the move. I was just wondering wouldn't have been cool to do some of the black character too?? Just saying since it is BLM.
    He said that was the only piece of art he had from the run, and the cover was made before Prodigy joined the team (you can tell that because Billy doesn't have his new costume yet).

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Should Eli receive a power bump being slightly stronger works great for Captain America mainly cause he has years of fighting experience. Eli as is represents a youth who is slightly stronger than average.
    I don't know about a power bump on his mutate abilities, but I've always thought he should receive some suit/gear upgrade. We know Black Panther has a lot of respect for the Bradley family, so it would be nice if T'Challa decided to present Eli with some Wakanda-based tech.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-11-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't know about a power bump on his mutate abilities, but I've always thought he should receive some suit/gear upgrade. We know Black Panther has a lot of respect for the Bradley family, so it would be nice if T'Challa decided to present Eli with some Wakanda-based tech.
    If his powers stem from the Super-Soldier Serum, they shouldn't vary from bog-standard Captain America fare. (When they were MGH-derived, they could, in theory, ape all sorts of mutant shenanigans, depending on the batch, since we've seen, in Runaways, that you can get 'darkforce' MGH to get the powers of Cloak, for instance.)

So, yeah, tech it is, and T'Challa is one obvious source, but also Falcon, Moon Girl, Tom Foster, Blue Marvel, Toni Ho, etc. (and that's just possible tech-sources-of-color, off the top of my head, there's no reason why he couldn't get tech from Nadia or Scott Lang or something). One he's already got possibly tie to (Scott is Cassie's dad, Toni Ho was friends with Billy and Teddy when they were Avengers together, etc.) would be ideal, rather than just, 'oh, Night Thrasher or Hobie Brown totally hooks him up, 'cause...'

A shield that had some sort of remotely controlled (cybernetically controlled?) magnetic self-movement capability, and could be made to arc in flight, zip around a hostage and hit the guy holding the hostage, and then fly back to Eli's hand, could be neat. Just to go with something very different than Cap's shield.

Alternately, or perhaps in addition, instead of Falcon-style wings, or something lame like a skateboard, or a 'Cap-cycle' or whatever, perhaps his magnetically-movable shield could be *ridden* (with magnetic clamps on his boots, allowing him to stay steady on the triangular-ish shield, while it flies along via it's magnetic levitation trick).

Granted, there'd need to be some handwavium about where it's getting the power for all this flying around, and it could be a plot point that he's full of neat shield tricks at the start of a fight (since it can't have a fifty pound battery pack attached to it, and cables to a backpack power supply would kind of ruin the whole 'throwing my shield at stuff' angle), but the battery runs down and it's just a shield-what-blocks-stuff like any other if the fight goes on more than a few minutes.

I come from an RPG background, not just a comic-book-fan one, so I kinda want my super-peeps to have an offense, and defense, and a means of transportation more advanced than 'I take a cab' or 'I got no way of getting there, so Colossus throws my gimp @$$ at the enemy.'

It ruins your hero-cred if you have to take public transport to the fray.

So yeah, flying shield! (Magnetism? Rockets? I don't even care how! Just not teeny little wings. Namor's got that niche covered.)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 06-12-2020 at 02:17 AM.

So you want Eli to inherit Rayshaun's shield? It can do all of those things! It was created by the Tony Stark AI Ironheart was using in her armour. During Secret Empire, the AI independently controlled an Iron Man suit while Riri was busy training with Black Widow. And while in the suit, he made the shield.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If his powers stem from the Super-Soldier Serum, they shouldn't vary from bog-standard Captain America fare. (When they were MGH-derived, they could, in theory, ape all sorts of mutant shenanigans, depending on the batch, since we've seen, in Runaways, that you can get 'darkforce' MGH to get the powers of Cloak, for instance.)

So, yeah, tech it is, and T'Challa is one obvious source, but also Falcon, Moon Girl, Tom Foster, Blue Marvel, Toni Ho, etc. (and that's just possible tech-sources-of-color, off the top of my head, there's no reason why he couldn't get tech from Nadia or Scott Lang or something). One he's already got possibly tie to (Scott is Cassie's dad, Toni Ho was friends with Billy and Teddy when they were Avengers together, etc.) would be ideal, rather than just, 'oh, Night Thrasher or Hobie Brown totally hooks him up, 'cause...'

A shield that had some sort of remotely controlled (cybernetically controlled?) magnetic self-movement capability, and could be made to arc in flight, zip around a hostage and hit the guy holding the hostage, and then fly back to Eli's hand, could be neat. Just to go with something very different than Cap's shield.

Alternately, or perhaps in addition, instead of Falcon-style wings, or something lame like a skateboard, or a 'Cap-cycle' or whatever, perhaps his magnetically-movable shield could be *ridden* (with magnetic clamps on his boots, allowing him to stay steady on the triangular-ish shield, while it flies along via it's magnetic levitation trick).

Granted, there'd need to be some handwavium about where it's getting the power for all this flying around, and it could be a plot point that he's full of neat shield tricks at the start of a fight (since it can't have a fifty pound battery pack attached to it, and cables to a backpack power supply would kind of ruin the whole 'throwing my shield at stuff' angle), but the battery runs down and it's just a shield-what-blocks-stuff like any other if the fight goes on more than a few minutes.

I come from an RPG background, not just a comic-book-fan one, so I kinda want my super-peeps to have an offense, and defense, and a means of transportation more advanced than 'I take a cab' or 'I got no way of getting there, so Colossus throws my gimp @$$ at the enemy.'

It ruins your hero-cred if you have to take public transport to the fray.

So yeah, flying shield! (Magnetism? Rockets? I don't even care how! Just not teeny little wings. Namor's got that niche covered.)
    Some very good suggestions for Eli. Especially the T'challa upgrade potential. A variation of one of his suits that could really offset his lack of fighting expertise with a bump in durability and punching power. A cyberneticaly controlled Vibranium shield would be nice way to weave interconnected relatively with other heroes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So you want Eli to inherit Rayshaun's shield? It can do all of those things! It was created by the Tony Stark AI Ironheart was using in her armour. During Secret Empire, the AI independently controlled an Iron Man suit while Riri was busy training with Black Widow. And while in the suit, he made the shield.
    Oh wow, I did not know that! (I haven't read anything with Rayshaun in it, except some Secret Warriors, where it seemed to be all about Kamala, Inferno, Quake, Moon Girl, etc. with him as kind of background scenery, with less relevance to the story, and less speaking lines, it seemed, than Devil Dinosaur...)

I kind of feel bad for the dude, since, with Eli back, he's kind of extra and edging closer to 'superfluous character what gets killed in the opener to the next big Event...'

Rayshaun wasn't used at all in the Marvel Rising comic despite being in the cartoons (check those out, it's where his and his shield's abilities are shown off best). He wasn't in Secret Warriors - he had yet to debut at that point. That book starred Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Quake, Inferno, Karnak, and in the second half, Magik.

He debuted in the second to last arc of Captain America Sam Wilson, got his shield and costume in Secret Empire, co-starred in Sam's next book, Falcon: Take Flight, and then joined the Champions.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I mean, yeah, he could get tech from anyone, really. I just brought up T'Challa because we know Eli's next appearance will be in the BP book, so that already sets up a potential bonding moment between them. My thinking was that, in addition of getting a vibranium armor-suit to make him bulletproof, he could get two weapons: one for defense (most likely a shield) and one for attack (like a spear or something?). Since Wakanda has that neat energy-absorbing tech that allows BP to absorb kinetic energy from physical blows and release them, I was thinking the same could be done to Eli's weapons: the energy absorbed by the shield could be released in the form of force fields that could protect larger areas and more people instead of just himself, and the energy absorbed by the spear/whatever could be released in the form of beams channeled towards any of his targets.

But now that you mention it, I would like to see Eli bonding with Toni Ho too. I think they have a very interesting common backstory, which is the fact that even though both of them are legacies of two iconic heroes (Captain America and Iron Man), their main motivation isn't really about honoring Steve and Tony, but the ''unsung heroes'' of both stories (Isaiah and Ho Yinsen). I still think Toni should be the next Iron-Person of the team, replacing Iron Lad. I'm actually surprised Marvel never tried to replace Nate on the team (well, I guess one could argue Jonas was his quite literal replacement, but he was more of a Vision legacy than Iron Man).