Page 54 of 131 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Sutekh, you remarkable wordsmith!!! That post was astounding! I'm here for it! I'd love to see a Hercules legacy -- a lion skin clad lady no less!!!! I love it.

Speaking further to the "future roster additions" topic, I would really love for Kelly Thompson's creations, the Watts siblings, to find a home within the Young Avengers umbrella family.

Both are Wakandan, but raised in the United States, and each come with powers that have yet to be fully explored -- both in application and in origin.
    Johnny, FUSE, replicates the properties of any substance he touches, transforming his body in the process. He has vibranium piercings to ensure he is never without defense.
    Ramone, ALLOY, has a symbiotic suit of vibranium encasing her body which she can shift and extend into weapons (and potentially more).

They aren't directly linked to Black Panther -- so, not a legacy per se, but I appreciate their being connected TO Wakanda, but also disconnected from that culture, and what unique voice/narratives they may be offer.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Sutekh, you remarkable wordsmith!!! That post was astounding! I'm here for it! I'd love to see a Hercules legacy -- a lion skin clad lady no less!!!! I love it.
    Aw, thanks!

Speaking further to the "future roster additions" topic, I would really love for Kelly Thompson's creations, the Watts siblings, to find a home within the Young Avengers umbrella family.
    Ooh, I had no idea they were Wakandan! But yeah, very cool characters, and really, one of the cooler bits of that otherwise forgettable West Coast Avengers attempt.

I do like that body-of-power of Johnny's, in particular, since it's so versatile (and I've always loved body-of-powers, whether body of metal, like Colossus, or body of air, body of liquid, or, my favorite, body-of-energy like Monica Rambeau or Living Lightning).

Make Kate/Fuse/Noh-Varr an OT3.

omg y'all.

Anthony Oliveira spoke to me on Twitter.

I. Am. Dead.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Both are Wakandan, but raised in the United States, and each come with powers that have yet to be fully explored -- both in application and in origin.
    Johnny, FUSE, replicates the properties of any substance he touches, transforming his body in the process. He has vibranium piercings to ensure he is never without defense.
    Ramone, ALLOY, has a symbiotic suit of vibranium encasing her body which she can shift and extend into weapons (and potentially more).

They aren't directly linked to Black Panther -- so, not a legacy per se, but I appreciate their being connected TO Wakanda, but also disconnected from that culture, and what unique voice/narratives they may be offer.
    I'd be ok with the Watts siblings coming to the Young Avengers. It would give us a reason to keep seeing America and Ramone together, and the tea would be very hot with Johnny coming into a team that has like 3 ex-boyfriends of Kate. Can you imagine the drama? I love it.

omg y'all.

Anthony Oliveira spoke to me on Twitter.

I. Am. Dead.
    I saw that. I love how Anthony is constantly interacting with the YA stans on social media. He indulge us so much! And I loved your art, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'd be ok with the Watts siblings coming to the Young Avengers. It would give us a reason to keep seeing America and Ramone together, and the tea would be very hot with Johnny coming into a team that has like 3 ex-boyfriends of Kate. Can you imagine the drama? I love it.

I saw that. I love how Anthony is constantly interacting with the YA stans on social media. He indulge us so much! And I loved your art, btw.
    Omg he is a PRECIOUS BEACON and we must protect him always. He is SO kind and I dropped my electric toothbrush when I got the DM notification. So clearly, I'm a crazy person now because I'm here thinking to myself "omg are we friends now???" hahaha. Insane.
    Thank you so much for the compliment!!

I love America and Ramone together and I ADORE the idea of Kate being teased for crushing on EVERY BOY. hahaha.

Oh. Did Anthony imply as much in War Scrolls? I believe he did.

Ha ha ha! Teen Girl Squad humor/reference but it really DOES apply to our girl Kate. hahaha

Nice joke there about Wiccan and Hulkling sharing their names with the Wild Stallions.

Look who's front and center on this Captain America ad from Facebook - only Eli's gramps! Let's hope we see Eli himself again soon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Omg Anthony did it he really did it I'm shocked!

spoilers:
    Thomas Shepherd is a confirmed bisexual, Him and David are making out on the regular, Billy and Teddy took their shirts off, good day to be a YA Fan
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Journey; 07-22-2020 at 01:55 AM.

Y'ALL!!! Lords of Empyre: Emperor Hulkling was [shrill screams of joy piercing gay hearts across the globe] !!!!!

It was SO beautifully done. The humor was top notch. The nerdy references were on point. The emotional beats were exceptional. I knew I would enjoy it -- I KNEW -- but there was SO MUCH that I just didn't anticipate and found myself moved by. After leaving the comic shop, I handed my haul to my husband in the passenger seat who immediately opened the book -- skimming through it -- and he continually gasped and awed and chuckled and it drove me NUTS wondering what he was seeing -- and he kept asking "Do you want spoilers?" And I would scream NO!!!!

I bought two copies. One to keep in my bag for rereading and one to put on my wall.
    Long and in glory may he reign!

Y'all for real though, anyone who loved this book, get on the socials, open up the emails and pleeeeease send Marvel, CB Cebulski, Tom Brevoort, Wil Moss, that there IS an audience for these beloved characters and ANTHONY OLIVEIRA is an EXCELLENT CANDIDATE for continuing their narrative!!!! GIVE US MORE MARVEL!

I really enjoyed the issue. I think Oliveira has got Billy and Teddy's voice down, for sure. Such romantic dorks. <3

I was also pleasantly surprised to see certain guest stars which I was not expecting. I hope we see more info on them and the developments mentioned in this issue in the future.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I had to stop reading several times just to PROCESS everything. It was really good. Anthony Oliveira promised... and boy did he DELIVER! Also props to Chip Zdarsky (we keep forgetting he also wrote the book, poor guy) and the artist, colorist, letterer, editors... This was definitely a special book that's gonna go down in Young Avengers history. <3

Now let's go to my many, many thoughts:

spoilers:
    Teddy pretending to be Spider-Man for a selfie KILLED ME! I guess this is what Anthony hinted on a podcast a while back.

The boys night out with Tommy and David was obviously everything. I'm so glad the gay bar from War Scrolls was back! God, I need this bar to be a recurring set on YA stories. Can we please make that happen? I want the X-Men cosplaying host and Krystal M'Kraan to be recurring supporting characters so bad! When Krystal yelled ''PROTECT THE TWUNK WITH THE ENORMOUS ARMS'' I lost it. The writers just... gets me. They get me on a personal level.

Tommy being officially confirmed as queer was nice. I still don't care for Thinkfast as a couple and I don't see much future for them now that David is going back to the X-side of things, but I don't mind them being **** buddies every now and then. The one thing that frustrated me was Tommy not being fast enough to dodge an attack by a Skrull, like... come on, he's a speedster! But I get that that was probably only done for the ''think...fast'' joke. Also, Tommy's rant about when Billy and him were the hands of Master Pandemonium in their previous life? THAT MIGHT'VE BEEN MY FAVORITE PART OF THAT ENTIRE FREAKING SEQUENCE! I laughed so hard.

Raksor and Bel-Dann! It was nice seeing them again... and getting some much needed info into what happened before/after the events of Incoming!.

THAT FLASHBACK BETWEEN TEDDY AND HIS MOM! Not gonna lie, I was expecting we would get more from her, but that page alone was just so heartwarming. I love how we can clearly see the impact she had in his life with what she taught him. MARY-JO ALTMAN, WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!

That bit about Teddy getting an engagement ring was really cute too. And Billy charming the ring to protect him. UGH, I LOVE THESE TWO! It was nice seeing that Billy went with Teddy when he first met the new Alliance. TANALTH WAS SO FREAKING RUDE TO BILLY, LMAO. ALSO, **** YEAH, TEDDY, PUNCH THAT ************ SUPER-SKRULL! Now THAT'S how Teddy should be written when it comes to Kl'rt. He should not be chill around that guy. **** him.

Teddy making a stop on Titan to go to his dad's memorial was beautiful (where even IS Mar-Vell's body after what the events of AvX/Secret Avengers, though? That's a question for another time, I guess). I LOVE that he mentioned that one time he met with the fake Mar-Vell. It was never explained if Teddy ever figured out that wasn't the real Mar, so I'm glad the writers tied up that loose end. LET TEDDY MEET HIS DAD, MARVEL! GIVE ME THE MARVEL FAMILY CONTENT THAT I'M OWED!!!

Billy coming right away when he sensed Teddy was in danger. <3333 And ''I WANT THAT TWINK OBLITERATED''... again, the writers just get me.

And of course, our very first almost sex scene between Billy and Teddy. I'm glad they did this. It was about time B&T were allowed to be more than just the vanilla gay couple. OUR BOYS HAVE GROWN!

Teddy's allies were really... blunt about how they felt about Billy. Even Mur-G'nn, like, BITCH, I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU! DON'T BE LIKE THEM! My heart sank a little when Teddy made that speech cutting ties with Billy, but I'm glad it was just for show. I do wonder, though, how B&T's relationship's gonna make it through this if they can't publicly be together for the sake of the Skree Empire. That definitely leaves them in a delicate position, and it's why I'm even more convinced if a wedding happens during/after Empyre, it's not gonna be between the two of them. THE DRAMA!

ALSO, I KNEW THAT BITCH TANALTH WAS NOT TO BE TRUSTED! LYING ASS BLUE ASS HOE! The way she betrayed those rebel Kree just to manipulate Teddy and them killed off all of them when she didn't need them anymore... that told me everything I needed to know about her. I hope Teddy throws her ass in jail alongside Kl'rt for their crimes once things settle down. I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL NOH-VARR AND XAVIN ARE THE OFFICIAL KREE/SKRULL SECONDS IN COMMAND! IT'S THE ALLIANCE WE DESERVE, MARVEL!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-22-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I had to stop reading several times just to PROCESS everything. It was really good. Anthony Oliveira promised... and boy did he DELIVER! Also props to Chip Zdarsky (we keep forgetting he also wrote the book, poor guy) and the artist, colorist, letterer, editors... This was definitely a special book that's gonna go down in Young Avengers history. <3

Now let's go to my many, many thoughts:

spoilers:
    Teddy pretending to be Spider-Man for a selfie KILLED ME! I guess this is what Anthony hinted on a podcast a while back.

The boys night out with Tommy and David was obviously everything. I'm so glad the gay bar from War Scrolls was back! God, I need this bar to be a recurring set on YA stories. Can we please make that happen? I want the X-Men cosplaying host and Krystal M'Kraan to be recurring supporting characters so bad! When Krystal yelled ''PROTECT THE TWUNK WITH THE ENORMOUS ARMS'' I lost it. The writers just... gets me. They get me on a personal level.

Tommy being officially confirmed as queer was nice. I still don't care for Thinkfast as a couple and I don't see much future for them now that David is going back to the X-side of things, but I don't mind them being **** buddies every now and then. The one thing that frustrated me was Tommy not being fast enough to dodge an attack by a Skrull, like... come on, he's a speedster! But I get that that was probably only done for the ''think...fast'' joke. Also, Tommy's rant about when Billy and him were the hands of Paster Pandemonium in their previous life? THAT MIGHT'VE BEEN MY FAVORITE PART OF THAT ENTIRE FREAKING SEQUENCE! I laughed so hard.

Raksor and Bel-Dann! It was nice seeing them again... and getting some much needed info into what happened before/after the events of Incoming!.

THAT FLASHBACK BETWEEN TEDDY AND HIS MOM! Not gonna lie, I was expecting we would get more from her, but that page alone was just so heartwarming. I love how we can clearly see the impact she had in his life with what she taught him. MARY-JO ALTMAN, WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!

That bit about Teddy getting an engagement ring was really cute too. And Billy charming the ring to protect him. UGH, I LOVE THESE TWO! It was nice seeing that Billy went with Teddy when he first met the new Alliance. TANALTH WAS SO FREAKING RUDE TO BILLY, LMAO. ALSO, **** YEAH, TEDDY, PUNCH THAT ************ SUPER-SKRULL! Now THAT'S how Teddy should be written when it comes to Kl'rt. He should not be chill around that guy. **** him.

Teddy making a stop on Titan to go to his dad's memorial was beautiful (where even IS Mar-Vell's body after what the events of AvX/Secret Avengers, though? That's a question for another time, I guess). I LOVE that he mentioned that one time he met with the fake Mar-Vell. It was never explained if Teddy ever figured out that wasn't the real Mar, so I'm glad the writers tied up that loose end. LET TEDDY MEET HIS DAD, MARVEL! GIVE ME THE MARVEL FAMILY CONTENT THAT I'M OWED!!!

Billy coming right away when he sensed Teddy was in danger. <3333 And ''I WANT THAT TWINK OBLITERATED''... again, the writers just get me.

And of course, our very first almost sex scene between Billy and Teddy. I'm glad they did this. It was about time B&T were allowed to be more than just the vanilla gay couple. OUR BOYS HAVE GROWN!

Teddy's allies were really... blunt about how they felt about Billy. Even Mur-G'nn, like, BITCH, I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU! DON'T BE LIKE THEM! My heart sank a little when Teddy made that speech cutting ties with Billy, but I'm glad it was just for show. I do wonder, though, how B&T's relationship's gonna make it through this if they can't publicly be together for the sake of the Skree Empire. That definitely leaves them in a delicate position, and it's why I'm even more convinced if a wedding happens during/after Empyre, it's not gonna be between the two of them. THE DRAMA!

ALSO, I KNEW THAT BITCH TANALTH WAS NOT TO BE TRUSTED! LYING ASS BLUE ASS HOE! The way she betrayed those rebel Kree just to manipulate Teddy and them killed off all of them when she didn't need them anymore... that told me everything I needed to know about her. I hope Teddy throws her ass in jail alongside Kl'rt for their crimes once things settle down. I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL NOH-VARR AND XAVIN ARE THE OFFICIAL KREE/SKRULL SECONDS IN COMMAND! IT'S THE ALLIANCE WE DESERVE, MARVEL!
    end of spoilers
    I agree with all this though I will say if their was ever a time for Billy to flex being the Demiurge that would have been the moment theirs no way the Skree Empire wouldn't want that on their side especially since it's a known entity throughout the multi and universe. And theirs no way Teddy is marrying anyone but Billy political or not. I doubt marvel has the balls to have one marry someone else. Also that hybrid bitch just showed fake she is pardon my memory but did Billy not save that bitch in New Avengers too? So she still hating after all this time whack bitch.

Journey, MY DUDE, it wasn't the hybrid spoilers:
    -- it was the Kree, Tanalth the Pursuer who is the shady betch. Mur-G'nn the hybrid sorceress of the Knights Infinite, is LOYAL (I hope) to Teddy
    end of spoilers

ALSO: I 100% support the insistence that Noh-Varr & Xavin should be Teddy's Kree/Skrull liaison/right&left hand/council whatever. It. Is. Destiny.
    Last edited by Fokken; 07-22-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Journey, MY DUDE, it wasn't the hybrid spoilers:
    -- it was the Kree, Tanalth the Pursuer who is the shady betch. Mur-G'nn the hybrid sorceress of the Knights Infinite, is LOYAL (I hope) to Teddy
    end of spoilers

ALSO: I 100% support the insistence that Noh-Varr & Xavin should be Teddy's Kree/Skrull liaison/right&left hand/council whatever. It. Is. Destiny.
    Oh yeah that blue bitch can go to it's okay when the Cotati have been crushed Teddy can clear out the rot. Let's Red Wedding this ****, Superskrull and flea market female Ronan can go.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Oh yeah that blue bitch can go to it's okay when the Cotati have been crushed Teddy can clear out the rot. Let's Red Wedding this ****, Superskrull and flea market female Ronan can go.
    I think Superskrull is on his side, unless I read it wrong.