Page 57 of 131 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The ABSOLUTE strong soft goodest nice boy space hunk!! Long may he reign!
    I like that Kate's got various band-aids on, as a shoutout to how Clint always has band-aids on? A Hawkeye tradition? And is that a COVID mask she's got in her hand? Neat touch, if so.

Fuse has that wide-eyed look he's so good at. Nice to have someone there to be impressed, when hanging out with otherwise jaded folk like America, who would be out of character to look impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel Teddy, Billy and Kate, are the core 3 their what makes YA, well YA, take them out of play it just feels like discount champions, or West Coast Rejects.
    I disagree. I think you need at least one of them, but not all 3. As long as some of the other YA are there as well its still recognizable

Like when Kate had both America and Noh-Varr on the WCA? That felt like a Young Avengers book more than WCA
    Teddy going to that gay bar with Tommy and David was very Young Avengers.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

They can't announce a YA book right now that would spoil Empyre, my theory is we get the B and T wedding issue and than we get the announcement like how they did with Rogue and Gambit when they finally tied the knot and got a series.
    I mean, it's not hard to promote a book without spoilers. You just have to be careful to what you add to the cover/solicitation. Taking the Rogue and Gambit example: nobody knew they were getting married because the book where that happened was misleading AF. They could do the same with a YA announcement now if they wanted to.

I hate to be negative, but I don't wanna get my hopes up again. I'm at a point where I feel like only Kevin Feige will truly save us once he spills his alleged plans for the YA in the MCU and Marvel Comics decides to conveniently remember it's time to bring the YA back in the comics.

Extraordinary Member

I feel Teddy, Billy and Kate, are the core 3 their what makes YA, well YA, take them out of play it just feels like discount champions, or West Coast Rejects.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I disagree. I think you need at least one of them, but not all 3. As long as some of the other YA are there as well its still recognizable

Like when Kate had both America and Noh-Varr on the WCA? That felt like a Young Avengers book more than WCA
    Teddy going to that gay bar with Tommy and David was very Young Avengers.
    Like what if you had Kate and Eli...and 3-4 others...Thunderstrike, Spider-Girl, and a couple of others from the Avengers Fail-Safe Files.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Like what if you had Kate and Eli...and 3-4 others...Thunderstrike, Spider-Girl, and a couple of others from the Avengers Fail-Safe Files.
    Did we ever find out who else was in Vision’s fail-safe files?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

If we're gonna do YA we need Eli and Kassie there. You need the OG and then let them pass it onto a new younger group. Like Moongirl and Franklin, maybe some other young heros that are not part of the Champions.

Right now I would rather Kate be with Eli. We have limited interracial relationships: Danny and Misty, Jessica and Luke, Kyle and Northstar, Carol and Rhodey. Eli and Kate are as important as Billy and Teddy. Let's just hope we get him if his Grand dad is up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    If we're gonna do YA we need Eli and Kassie there. You need the OG and then let them pass it onto a new younger group. Like Moongirl and Franklin, maybe some other young heros that are not part of the Champions.

Right now I would rather Kate be with Eli. We have limited interracial relationships: Danny and Misty, Jessica and Luke, Kyle and Northstar, Carol and Rhodey. Eli and Kate are as important as Billy and Teddy. Let's just hope we get him if his Grand dad is up there.
    You're too behind. The woke thing now is to have black/black relationships instead of hving them date whites!

Incredible Member

Thats still better then DC and there two major Black Super Heroines one of which has never made an appearance without her boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    We've got names but no faces to go with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I mean, it's not hard to promote a book without spoilers. You just have to be careful to what you add to the cover/solicitation. Taking the Rogue and Gambit example: nobody knew they were getting married because the book where that happened was misleading AF. They could do the same with a YA announcement now if they wanted to.
    Yeah, it was meant to be Kitty and Colossus getting married. They solicited a book with no title, all we knew is it was a new X book. After the wedding, it was revealed to be Mr and Mrs X. They could solicit a post-Empyre Avengers title, and even if they admit it's YA, not show any cover art to hide whether or not Hulkling is on the roster.

Moon Girl has joined the Champions. There's a pic in their appreciation thread.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-24-2020 at 12:01 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Kate is already dating Fuse, a black guy. So I don’t understand what you mean.

What were the other Fail-safe names?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    We've got names but no faces to go with them.
    No faces...no powers / abilities.

Cassie is in Miami...so unless you are going to have a way for her to miracle herself from Miami to where ever the team is then that may not be realistic.

Astonishing Member

Unless them team is based in you know, Miami.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

We were just discussing that on page 53 of this thread.

Kate IS currently in an interracial relationship, so I don't really see the need to have her break up with her current boyfriend just for the sake of her dating another black guy. If anything, she'll break up with him because she just rather be with someone else, but quite frankly... I'm not sure that person is Eli. I strongly disagree with the idea that Kate/Eli is somehow as important as Billy/Teddy, unless you mean it in a representation kind of sense. Like I said in the LGBT+ Thread, I don't think the YA has any couple that feels as relevant as Billy/Teddy. All of them felt like flings that just faded away with time. And let us not forget that when Allan Heinberg wrote that future AU for the Young Avengers during Children's Crusade, Kate's ''endgame'' was with Tommy instead of Eli, who ended up marrying an OC. But not even Tommy/Kate feels that relevant anymore in present time, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    You're too behind. The woke thing now is to have black/black relationships instead of hving them date whites!
    Unless he's going queer too, I can't even think of an age-appropriate black female character Eli could be with right now other than maybe Shuri... and you know what? Now that I thought of Eli/Shuri...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Cassie is in Miami...so unless you are going to have a way for her to miracle herself from Miami to where ever the team is then that may not be realistic.
    Well, Kate is in another state too and both her and Cassie were together for the YA reunion on Marvel Comics #1000 last year. It's not that hard to come up with an excuse to get all characters in one place. They could say Cassie moved back to New York to finish high school or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Unless them team is based in you know, Miami.
    It's more practical to gather everyone where the majority of the members live instead of coming up with a reason to move everyone to another place. But I mean, anything they want to do can be done. We could get YA in space for all we know due to Empyre.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-24-2020 at 05:43 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Unless he's going queer too, I can't even think of an age-appropriate black female character Eli could be right now other than maybe Shuri...
    Seelah Burke, Sun Girl, a New Warrior for a short time, and daughter of the super-villain Lightmaster, IIRC, would be my first choice. She uses a jet-pack and laser weapons, adapted from her dad's tech, most likely, but has no powers of her own (and, given the development of her father's abilities over the years, could evolve into a Songbird-like character, making solid light constructs, or just find other ways to use light-manipulating tech to create blinding flashes, holographic illusions or even become invisible!).