Page 58 of 131 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

If Billy and Teddy were to be transplanted to a cosmic title spoilers:
    following their wedding in the aftermath issue, WHICH IS HAPPENING, I REFUSE TO BELIEVE OTHERWISE XD
    end of spoilers and the YA came back without them, I'd hope they just fill out the roster with past members first, before expanding. Maybe start with Kate, America, Eli, Cassie, Tommy, and then expand to Alloy and Fuse, since they're connected via Kate and America.

I don't think I'd want too much overlap with the Champions (although I wouldn't mind Viv filling out Jonas' slot bc, let's face it, she'd probably be treated a bit better in YA since she's two of YA's member's half sister, and they have experience with handling mechanical people. Basically, I don't want anymore spoilers:
    foolish launching at enemies or being destroyed for the umpteenth time for her
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Seelah Burke, Sun Girl, a New Warrior for a short time, and daughter of the super-villain Lightmaster, IIRC, would be my first choice. She uses a jet-pack and laser weapons, adapted from her dad's tech, most likely, but has no powers of her own (and, given the development of her father's abilities over the years, could evolve into a Songbird-like character, making solid light constructs, or just find other ways to use light-manipulating tech to create blinding flashes, holographic illusions or even become invisible!).
    Right! Totally forgot about her. Sadly, the odds of anyone wanting to use her again seem very small.

Oh, I also just thought... does anyone remember Fallon Grey, Blade's long lost daughter that never was? I think she was originally supposed to be underage, but since the project never went forward, someone could finally introduce her as a little older now. She could be an interesting legacy addition to the Young Avengers, even if she's not used as a love interest for Eli. Blade is an Avenger now and it's about to enter the MCU, so I could see that happening.

Extraordinary Member

Ya’ll totally forgot about Starling. The Vulture’s granddaughter.

Who ironically looks like the future woman Heinberg had future Eli hook up with and have a son with.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Who ironically looks like the future woman Heinberg had future Eli hook up with and have a son with.
    I thought about her... but isn't she underage? That's why I didn't consider it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I thought about her... but isn't she underage? That's why I didn't consider it.
    She’s older than Cassie.

But old enough to date someone like Eli.

Extraordinary Member

The YA always seemed to be missing the 'super-genius' placeholder...a Tony Stark, Hank Pym, T'Challa....I would take one of the Avengers Fail-Safe people and put them in that slot. Maybe the OG Evil Black Knight Nathaniel Garrett had a kid who inherited his genius and at 16-17 has multiple doctorates.

Extraordinary Member

Isn’t that already the story with the evil female Black Knight, who is a member of the Young Masters.

Extraordinary Member

Isn’t that already the story with the evil female Black Knight, who is a member of the Young Masters.
    I am vaguely familiar with that character...but not sure on her background...is she a genius related to the Garrett/Whitman family??

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Unless he's going queer too, I can't even think of an age-appropriate black female character Eli could be with right now other than maybe Shuri... and you know what? Now that I thought of Eli/Shuri...
    That's the problem though isn't it? The lack of black characters, so they put the few who exist into relationships with white characters out of necessity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That's the problem though isn't it? The lack of black characters, so they put the few who exist into relationships with white characters out of necessity.
    Spectrum/Blue Marvel.

Spectrum/Blue Marvel.
    Those are adults.

I think Shuri/Manifold is the only YA-aged relationship between two black heroes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Those are adults.

I think Shuri/Manifold is the only YA-aged relationship between two black heroes.
    I thought comic book Shuri and Manifold WERE adults.

There’s also Night Thrasher and Silhouette (half black)

Ultimate Member

Ooh, I didn't know about her. Gosh, all these super-villain daughters, The new Beetle, Sun Girl, Starling, Finesse, totally need to hook up and do a job together. (Not necessarily a crime, 'cause Sun Girl's not a crook, but they can rob a crook of his ill-gotten booty and satisfy everyone!)

Oh, and I just remembered, Fahnbullah Eddy, Gorilla Girl. Probably the last character Marvel wants to ever have mentioned again, and as likely to get showcased as that DC character based on cocaine, Snowflame.

Silhouette's an interesting thought. (Yet another New Warrior!) She might be a bit old for Eli (and Night Thrasher seems to have a thing for her, although I don't think she's ever reciprocated that...). Drama!

I thought comic book Shuri and Manifold WERE adults.
    That's why I specified YA, for young adults.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, I didn't know about her. Gosh, all these super-villain daughters, The new Beetle, Sun Girl, Starling, Finesse, totally need to hook up and do a job together. (Not necessarily a crime, 'cause Sun Girl's not a crook, but they can rob a crook of his ill-gotten booty and satisfy everyone!)

Oh, and I just remembered, Fahnbullah Eddy, Gorilla Girl. Probably the last character Marvel wants to ever have mentioned again, and as likely to get showcased as that DC character based on cocaine, Snowflame.

Silhouette's an interesting thought. (Yet another New Warrior!) She might be a bit old for Eli (and Night Thrasher seems to have a thing for her, although I don't think she's ever reciprocated that...). Drama!
    Finesse is half black?