Page 6 of 131 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Tommy's chances seem good since he's also on one of the covers.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Maybe Speed will just join the Champions. They dont have a speedster.
    Maybe not a runner kind, but they have a Nova. I mean, Sam lives in Arizona and is constantly popping up in New York in a matter of seconds, so he might as well be considered the team's speedster. I don't think Outlawed will exactly gather another Champions team with brand new members anyway. They have so many members already that the most likely outcome, IMO, is that they're gonna use the event as a cutback to the group roster, keeping some key members while others join other groups (or just go to limbo).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Considering is this sort of wide promotional shot, it's likely that the artist just wanted to draw him and he actually won't show up at all... But hopefully not.
    I don't know, the fact that two variant covers are using the same set of characters suggests this is not simply artists handpicking whoever they want for the cover, but like they have a set group of characters they were advised to draw instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Well, there is that. All his peeps look kind of same-y. (But I love his art, so I don't care.)

Great to see Speed in the Outlawed poster. Kate and America are often seen solo, and Hulkling and Wiccan as a pair, and even Cassie, from time to time, but Speed and Eli only seem to show up on rare occasions.
    It's cute art that fits the YA. So I don't mind it. Most artists do same face. And his background faces are hilarious.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Considering is this sort of wide promotional shot, it's likely that the artist just wanted to draw him and he actually won't show up at all... But hopefully not.
    I figure every character in there is there for a reason, so they might have a book coming out that will be effected Outlawed (or are in a book that will be effected).

Yeah, we can now trust that these two covers (the new image is a wraparound variant) do feature the characters involved. Therefore, I think we can update our guesses on what's about to be announced, and what will have tie-ins.

Champions - the flagship book, by Eve Ewing. Will probably change the roster from how Zub left it. I believe this is what the Incoming teaser "titanic division" refers to. Members will disagree over the law, and some will quit, however, others might join.
    Runaways - Rainbow Rowell's run will continue, finally dragged into a wider MCU status quo.
    Ironheart - known to be having an Iron Man 2020 tie-in. Will Outlawed also factor into it?
    Ms. Marvel - Definitely affected, especially if "Coles Disaster" refers to her school.
    Miles Morales: Spider-Man - Saladin Ahmed has confirmed that this will also be affected.
    Power Pack - Good chance that it'll be revived since the entire team is shown there.
    Fantastic Four - Like Power Pack, this would have a storyline related to the return of the Future Foundation. I can see the events of the upcoming X4 mini coming up too, as Franklin will have the option of just going to Krakoa. This may need a separate mini or one-shot, as F4 will obviously be tying in to Empyre.
    Young Avengers - there are three members on those covers: Speed, Hawkeye and America. Perhaps the Champions who disagree with Kamala will join Kate instead? That would support Bleeding Cool's reports about the teams potentially merging. They're not, but that doesn't mean some Champs won't become YAs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, we can now trust that these two covers (the new image is a wraparound variant) do feature the characters involved. Therefore, I think we can update our guesses on what's about to be announced, and what will have tie-ins.

Champions - the flagship book, by Eve Ewing. Will probably change the roster from how Zub left it. I believe this is what the Incoming teaser "titanic division" refers to. Members will disagree over the law, and some will quit, however, others might join.
    Runaways - Rainbow Rowell's run will continue, finally dragged into a wider MCU status quo.
    Ironheart - known to be having an Iron Man 2020 tie-in. Will Outlawed also factor into it?
    Ms. Marvel - Definitely affected, especially if "Coles Disaster" refers to her school.
    Miles Morales: Spider-Man - Saladin Ahmed has confirmed that this will also be affected.
    Power Pack - Good chance that it'll be revived since the entire team is shown there.
    Fantastic Four - Like Power Pack, this would have a storyline related to the return of the Future Foundation. I can see the events of the upcoming X4 mini coming up too, as Franklin will have the option of just going to Krakoa. This may need a separate mini or one-shot, as F4 will obviously be tying in to Empyre.
    Young Avengers - there are three members on those covers: Speed, Hawkeye and America. Perhaps the Champions who disagree with Kamala will join Kate instead? That would support Bleeding Cool's reports about the teams potentially merging. They're not, but that doesn't mean some Champs won't become YAs.
    Go to Krakoa wouldnt solve anything for the teenage mutants right , I think. This isnt like civil war, as much as I know they arent being persecuted because they have powers just that they can not fight crime until they are above 21.

It's a US only law, so going to a foreign country would be a solution for them.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

i wonder who will actually quit because of the law. there's always one. i could see Viv joining the Young Avengers. and one of these Patriots is probably not going to make it out.

BANNED

It's a US only law, so going to a foreign country would be a solution for them.
    No if the problem is that you can not a be a hero in the US and you want to be a hero in the US going to another country wouldnt solve anything. I think it isnt a superhuman registration law , is a ban to anyone who wants to fight crime underage. What would solve for the mutants go to Krakoa when they want to help the people at the other side of the gate ?
    Last edited by hulkling; 01-10-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    No if the problem is that you can not a be a hero in the US and you want to be a hero in the US going to another country wouldnt solve anything.
    the world needs heroes...or so i'm told.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the world needs heroes...or so i'm told.
    The ones with resources to go another countries could still be heroes in other parts of the world, even the champions could still help in other countries, but they wouldnt be heroes if they are fine helping in other countries when they see a villian attack civillans and do nothing because the law say it.

Ultimate Member

I was surprised to see Old Lace there, the Runaways have been pretty good at dodging being dragged into 'events,' to their benefit.

Yeah, I don't think the four of them have been together in a panel for ages, so this is a big deal. It's usually just Julie, on her own or in Avengers Academy or Runaways, or just the older boy, in Future Foundation, and the younger two, in particular (Katie and Jack), sir-not-appearing-in-this-picture.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    The ones with resources to go another countries could still be heroes in other parts of the world, even the champions could still help in other countries, but they wouldnt be heroes if they are fine helping in other countries when they see a villian attack civillans and do nothing because the law say it.
    i bet that they could get away with helping fellow civilians if they didn't wear a mask or costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I was surprised to see Old Lace there, the Runaways have been pretty good at dodging being dragged into 'events,' to their benefit.

Yeah, I don't think the four of them have been together in a panel for ages, so this is a big deal. It's usually just Julie, on her own or in Avengers Academy or Runaways, or just the older boy, in Future Foundation, and the younger two, in particular (Katie and Jack), sir-not-appearing-in-this-picture.
    The 2 events they were dragged into were minis since both were around the Whedon era or the Moore era, seems Rowell seems game for this unless Yost comes back who did the last 2 event minis with Young Avengers.

Champions and Power Pack have both been announced.