Page 63 of 131 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Finesse, honestly, is more likely to end up with the Champions at this point, as she's a member of Nadia Van Dyne's G.I.R.L. thinktank.

Fuse and Alloy would certainly make sense to be in a new YA lineup.

Yeah, and it's surprising to see Dust is still with the team in the panel from Champions #1 that was revealed the other day. When she wasn't in the Outlawed one-shot I assumed she'd just gone back to Krakoa. The reason she joined the Champions in the first place is because the team had to rescue her from anti-mutant protesters and Cyclops said she'd be better off with the Champs than with his X-Men, who were on a suicide mission (Rosenberg had been told anyone could die because Hickman would just resurrect them). Also, Dust thought all her friends were dead (they were actually in the Age of X-Man). Now, she'd be safe with the X-Men. Yet she's hiding with the Champions instead of going to the new mutant nation.
    Might be for a reason considering who her co-creator (or person who helped design her) is. What better troll is to let someone his "friends" have harassed work on her.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Finesse, honestly, is more likely to end up with the Champions at this point, as she's a member of Nadia Van Dyne's G.I.R.L. thinktank.

Fuse and Alloy would certainly make sense to be in a new YA lineup.

Yeah, and it's surprising to see Dust is still with the team in the panel from Champions #1 that was revealed the other day. When she wasn't in the Outlawed one-shot I assumed she'd just gone back to Krakoa. The reason she joined the Champions in the first place is because the team had to rescue her from anti-mutant protesters and Cyclops said she'd be better off with the Champs than with his X-Men, who were on a suicide mission (Rosenberg had been told anyone could die because Hickman would just resurrect them). Also, Dust thought all her friends were dead (they were actually in the Age of X-Man). Now, she'd be safe with the X-Men. Yet she's hiding with the Champions instead of going to the new mutant nation.
    I mean, it's kinda pointless to argue over who's with the Champions right now, since the Outlawed arc has been shortened and the characters will be up for grabs soon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well on the sword subject, I asked Anthony about it and this was his reply:
    https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1287250300089372673
    So ''wait and see'', basically. I imagine they probably asked Al Ewing about this, because Anthony mentioned on the Marvel podcast how they had to check with the Empyre writers if what they were doing in the tie-in was ok. If Ewing greenlit Billy holding the sword, then it probably fits with whatever he's gonna establish for it.

Amazing Member

It’ll likely never happen, but I kind of want a metal replica of Excelsior for my wall. I don’t think Marvel will put it into production because not many would buy it, and replica swords are expensive.

Anthony Oliveira Wish List for future Billy/Teddy etc Content:

* How their romance began. We met them as a couple, despite not some not realizing it immediately. When/how did that romance begin? Give us the BETWEEN THE PANELS of Volume 1 please.
    * Tommy's ORIGIN and LIFE: Let us see his family life prior to being incarcerated! Show us what he went through, and show us what HE'S been up to BETWEEN THE PANELS! We got a glimmer in Gillen's run but I know the fandom is starved for more
    * Does Anthony have any hot takes on America Chavez? Can we put the solo behind us and never speak of it again, just like the Inhumans vs X-Men tragedy that was? West Coast Avengers prematurely ended with so much to unpack.
    * Can we get some family please? Do Billy's parents worry about him? They sure strike me as the type that would check in regularly while also citing how important it is to allow him his own time and space to grow and blossom, while also insisting on regular updates and whats up with his brothers?? Do said brothers ADORE their elder quasi-siblings (Teddy & Tommy) as much as they should? Obsessively so? Tommy and Teddy are, like, the cool older brothers they believe they always wanted.
    *WHERE THE DAMN DID THEIR SWEET ASS HIGH RISE APARTMENT GO???? Sunspot BOUGHT IT for them! Bring. It. BACK.
    *Do they keep in touch with Squirrel Girl? Because they OUGHT to. I bet Teddy does for sure.

Astonishing Member

Hey what are some YA & Champions interactions people want to see?

I can think of:
    Hulking and Ms. Marvel
    The Patriots
    Speed and Nova.

Any other good ones?

Amadeus and Cassie hanging out again now that she's alive and he's Brawn
    Miles, Bombshell and America, she could easily open a portal back to the Ultimate Universe
    Kamala and Nate since versions of her have a weird history with Kang
    Riri and Eli as a new Iron Man and Captain America duo
    Power Man and Prodigy, Vic gets power from knowledge and David's power IS knowledge
    Viv and Jonas

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I would like to see Billy, Tommy and Viv interact considering they're technically half-siblings. And now that Tommy's canon bi/pan/not straight, they can even help Viv navigate her own sexuality (was her thing with Riri ever touched upon after the kiss?) as older siblings.

Kamala and Teddy would also be fun, though I feel like there would need to be some acknowledgement that Kamala joined the legacy that he's sorta been pushed out of until recently with Empyre. That could be a very interesting and deep conversation for the both of them; about legacy and what's in a name, stuff like that.

Extraordinary Member

Eli and Dust and Kamala. (Red Dagger reserves)

What’s it like being a young Muslim superhero.

You know, when Dust joined the Champs I was hoping they'd discuss their religion, as they have very different attitudes to it. Sooraya covers up, doesn't like men seeing her face. While Kamala is very much Westernised, having been born in the US, unlike Sooraya who was brought to the US by the X-Men. Sooraya is devout, while Kamala just takes the moral lessons, though she does avoid pork. Zub's Champions was cancelled before they had an opportunity to do anything.

But why bring Eli into that? He's not Muslim, is he?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

You know, when Dust joined the Champs I was hoping they'd discuss their religion, as they have very different attitudes to it. Sooraya covers up, doesn't like men seeing her face. While Kamala is very much Westernised, having been born in the US, unlike Sooraya who was brought to the US by the X-Men. Sooraya is devout, while Kamala just takes the moral lessons, though she does avoid pork. Zub's Champions was cancelled before they had an opportunity to do anything.

But why bring Eli into that? He's not Muslim, is he?
    I think his Grandmother is.

Extraordinary Member

Actually I guess I was wrong. Eli’s uncle Josiah converted to Islam. As did his grandmother.

But I haven’t found anything with religion on Isaiah Bradley (Eli’s grandfather) or his daughter (Eli’s mom).

I just assumed they were all Muslim.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-27-2020 at 07:41 PM.

How reliable is The Illuminerdi? They're saying Hailey Steinfeld has been cast as Kate.
    https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...infeld-signed/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    It’ll likely never happen, but I kind of want a metal replica of Excelsior for my wall. I don’t think Marvel will put it into production because not many would buy it, and replica swords are expensive.
    You better pray Excelsior makes it to the MCU then, 'cause that's probably the easiest way for us to get merch of it. That's probably true for most YA merch, really. We got some individual action figures for Hawkeye and Stinger in the last few years, but other than that, the only thing I can think of was that action figure set with the Original 4 boys in 2005/06, back when Billy was still Asgardian. The lack of YA merch hurts my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Anthony Oliveira Wish List for future Billy/Teddy etc Content:

* How their romance began. We met them as a couple, despite not some not realizing it immediately. When/how did that romance begin? Give us the BETWEEN THE PANELS of Volume 1 please.
    * Tommy's ORIGIN and LIFE: Let us see his family life prior to being incarcerated! Show us what he went through, and show us what HE'S been up to BETWEEN THE PANELS! We got a glimmer in Gillen's run but I know the fandom is starved for more
    * Does Anthony have any hot takes on America Chavez? Can we put the solo behind us and never speak of it again, just like the Inhumans vs X-Men tragedy that was? West Coast Avengers prematurely ended with so much to unpack.
    * Can we get some family please? Do Billy's parents worry about him? They sure strike me as the type that would check in regularly while also citing how important it is to allow him his own time and space to grow and blossom, while also insisting on regular updates and whats up with his brothers?? Do said brothers ADORE their elder quasi-siblings (Teddy & Tommy) as much as they should? Obsessively so? Tommy and Teddy are, like, the cool older brothers they believe they always wanted.
    *WHERE THE DAMN DID THEIR SWEET ASS HIGH RISE APARTMENT GO???? Sunspot BOUGHT IT for them! Bring. It. BACK.
    *Do they keep in touch with Squirrel Girl? Because they OUGHT to. I bet Teddy does for sure.
    Co-signed. As for their apartment, it was apparently back on Emperor Hulkling! We got a glimpse of the same balcony with the rainbow flag that we saw back on War Scrolls. I don't think they ever moved. It was just Death's Head/Strikeforce/Incoming! that, for some unexplained reason, portrayed their place differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Hey what are some YA & Champions interactions people want to see?

I can think of:
    Hulking and Ms. Marvel
    The Patriots
    Speed and Nova.

Any other good ones?
    I just want to see Viv interacting with Billy and Tommy. I know they already met on The Unstoppable Wasp, but it wasn't a story about them and we didn't get to see if they bonded over their family connection at all. So whichever book gives me a proper interaction between them, I'll be thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Actually I guess I was wrong. Eli’s uncle Josiah converted to Islam. As did his grandmother.

But I haven’t found anything with religion on Isaiah Bradley (Eli’s grandfather) or his daughter (Eli’s mom).

I just assumed they were all Muslim.
    Yeah, Eli's faith was never brought up. Maybe he had some muslim influence from part of his family, but it's hard to tell when we've never even seen him interacting with his parents on-page. Next time we see Eli, I hope we get more Bradley family content.

How reliable is The Illuminerdi? They're saying Hailey Steinfeld has been cast as Kate.
    https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...infeld-signed/
    Apparently they were the ones who broke the story about Christian Bale being cast on Thor 4, so it seems like they are somewhat reliable. There's a lot of other stuff they reported on that I'm still waiting to see if it's true. They were the ones who reported on Hulkling being cast for WandaVision, for example, which was a pretty big scoop that I'm not totally convinced it's true yet. We'll see.

Anyway, I'm cool with Hailee being Kate. I was a little nervous about her being too much older than Cassie, but now that I think about it, Hailee is the same age as Tom Holland, who is currently playing a high schooler in the MCU, so I guess it's possible Kate will be a teen too. Hailee looks young enough, so it shouldn't be a problem. That opens up so many other casting possibilities for the rest of the YA; I really thought they were going to cast just teens, based on Emma Fuhrmann's casting, but now I guess they have a lot more actors to choose from if they're fine casting people in their 20s.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-28-2020 at 12:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Cassie was always much younger than the others anyway.

https://www.cbr.com/hailee-steinfeld...e-kate-bishop/

Whew, the rumors about Kate's casting are always changing. Steinfeld's voice acting in Into the Spiderverse was good though, so I can see her ultimately getting the role. Hopefully it'll be a path to introducing all of the Young Avengers on screen.