Page 7 of 131 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

YA fans seeing Marvel announcing 3 new teen/young books for their new teen/young initiative but still no Young Avengers:

Yeah, New Warriors is back as well. With Runaways already being published, and the X books including New Mutants, we just need YA for the complete Marvel set.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

New Warriors couldnt even get a network for there tv show its a pretty pointless franchise. At least Young Avengers might show up in the MCU.

The franchise isn't the problem. That show would've turned the team into a permanent laughing stock, it was a sitcom. They should've pitched something more like Titans instead.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    New Warriors couldnt even get a network for there tv show its a pretty pointless franchise. At least Young Avengers might show up in the MCU.
    I'm not gonna shade New Warriors because I think they deserved this relaunch reuniting most of the classic team; their fans have been waiting for that for a long time. I will admit that I AM a little salty about Champions going to their third volume so quickly after their second one was cancelled due to low sales, while the YA fandom has been waiting for a third volume for 6 years now even though there is no commercial reason for Marvel to be waiting for that long, as they always had good sales. BUT I am trying to stay positive and really believe we're getting a relaunch this time around. I still think that America, Kate and Tommy being in those Outlawed covers has to mean something.

We have been patient!! We deserve a YA relaunch this year! Billy and Teddy are about to achieve Gay World Domination, Tommy is appearing!! Kate and America have been thriving for years, Eli has returned, Cassie is doing something... These are all good steps now give us what we deserve!! A YA book spinning out of Empyre with the original team doing what they do best!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not gonna shade New Warriors because I think they deserved this relaunch reuniting most of the classic team; their fans have been waiting for that for a long time. I will admit that I AM a little salty about Champions going to their third volume so quickly after their second one was cancelled due to low sales, while the YA fandom has been waiting for a third volume for 6 years now even though there is no commercial reason for Marvel to be waiting for that long, as they always had good sales. BUT I am trying to stay positive and really believe we're getting a relaunch this time around. I still think that America, Kate and Tommy being in those Outlawed covers has to mean something.
    We got a relaunch in 2013 by Chris Yost it was awesome and no one read it I doubt this will be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    We got a relaunch in 2013 by Chris Yost it was awesome and no one read it I doubt this will be any different.
    No we did not.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

New Warriors being a mini series is a wise idea
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Maybe young Avengers should be a mini. Wasn’t west coast avengers basically a repackaged version?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Maybe young Avengers should be a mini. Wasn’t west coast avengers basically a repackaged version?
    Maybe a hipster variant repackaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'm fine with them getting minis as tie-ins to events or while they are on a hiatus from an ongoing book. Book when it comes to actually relauching the team with their own independent stories, they definitely should get ongoings. It's not like we're talking about a title that struggled with sales and had to be cancelled multiple times. Both YA volumes did well in the direct market, and actually significantly better in comparison to many other teen/young adult books Marvel has published ever since, including WCA. If the current Runaways can go up to 36 issues while shipping less than 10k, I have no doubt that Marvel can publish a YA ongoing book that lasts long.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-11-2020 at 04:18 AM.

Yeah - combine Waid and Zub's runs and Champions also had more than a 36 issue continuous (i.e. no hiatus) run (it actually had 41 issues - 27 + 10 - renumbering in the middle of Zub's run was a mistake considering it didn't last much longer - plus a Monsters Unleashed issue, two Infinity Countdown tie-in issues, and an annual). I've always believed there was room for the books to co-exist, like how DC had two Titans books and now has Young Justice and Teen Titans at the same time.

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ex...-indefinitely/

This headline scared me a little, as I thought they might've perhaps cancelled the show because of the Jeremy Renner controversy, but it looks like it's just a common production delay due to other productions being in the works. This means we're probably getting Kate's debut in the MCU later than expected, though.

It was rumored there were problems with Hailee Steinfeld's contract since she's doing that show for Apple's streaming service. Maybe the wait means her schedule would be free for her to do the Hawkeye show.