Page 78 of 131 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1963
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    No one in the YA really reacted to Cassie's Resurrection, I wouldn't be surprised if David got the same treatment.

She died and moved to Florida and they've barely acknowledged her since
    It is not like Cassie got ghosted...she was in the Ant Man series and had a showing in WoTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    To your video: One thousand percent.

Per Kate crying: Valerio also said on twitter that tomorrow's issue isn't all Teddy/Billy love. He also said "There will be blood" GASPS IN GAY.
    Who knows....maybe one of them will die to show how high the stakes are. Kind of like Thunderbird in the X-Men....and look how long it took to bring him back.

Billy does seem pretty pissed off in that preview if their's blood I'm reasonably confident won't be him or Teddy, the Skree who are opposing Teddy and fucking up his relationship however.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It is not like Cassie got ghosted...she was in the Ant Man series and had a showing in WoTR.
    I'm talking about her relationship with the other YA, Kate came to visit her once and invited her to join the WCA after the book was long canceled. But she had absolutely no on-panel contact with any of the others until the Wasp reunion last year and then the Marvel #1000 dinner.

She wasn't mentioned in the Civil War 2 story, West Coast Avengers, Kate's failed solo, Death's Head, New Avengers

But they supposedly had a reunion off panel, and have kept in contact. So if we're to believe that, then the same is happening with David

Extraordinary Member

I'm talking about her relationship with the other YA, Kate came to visit her once and invited her to join the WCA after the book was long canceled. But she had absolutely no on-panel contact with any of the others until the Wasp reunion last year and then the Marvel #1000 dinner.

She wasn't mentioned in the Civil War 2 story, West Coast Avengers, Kate's failed solo, Death's Head, New Avengers

But they supposedly had a reunion off panel, and have kept in contact. So if we're to believe that, then the same is happening with David
    You know how writers are...ignoring whatever in the characters history they don't want to use.

Its not like the other YA members got to have on-panel contact much either.
    And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually comes out that some writer wanted to bring Cassie in on something but got shut down by some editor or executive meddling.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    To your video: One thousand percent.

Per Kate crying: Valerio also said on twitter that tomorrow's issue isn't all Teddy/Billy love. He also said "There will be blood" GASPS IN GAY.
    I actually don't think Kate's crying will be related to the events of Empyre #5. IDK, it just seems like a weird thing to have her react to a month later unless someone she really cares about dies, but we know Billy and Teddy certainly won't die during this issue because they are in Aftermath, after all, so they make it out of the event alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Who knows....maybe one of them will die to show how high the stakes are. Kind of like Thunderbird in the X-Men....and look how long it took to bring him back.
    Like I just said, it can't be Billy and Teddy. Why would they kill one of them off and then do an Aftermath issue with both of them alive??? Aftermath implies, you know, the AFTER of the event. It's not a flashback. We don't even know if Valerio meant that someone died, honestly. ''There will be blood'' could just mean a physical battle happens and someone gets hurt.

I feel like the writers will need to do a better job when it comes to David, because Cassie is a character who's easy for you to fit into those narratives... but David is essentially on a whole other plane of stories now that he's back to the X-Books. The X-Men titles are so in their own corner, now more than ever because of Krakoa and their isolationist vibes, so it's a little harder for me to buy he's just casually hanging out with the Young Avengers while he's busy with the X-Factor. Honestly, I'm not very hopeful about David's future with the Young Avengers overall. Him being with the Young Avengers always felt like an afterthought to me. He's not an iconic member like the originals or even America, I'd say, and I have my doubts if the X-Office will want him chained to that franchise now that he's ''back home''. I think it's possible that they'll just go their separate ways eventually, and people who thought Thinkfast was going to be some epic love story are probably going to be very disappointed.

Yeah, I think Cassie was supposed to be Kate's closest friend until America became her "BFF."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think Cassie was supposed to be Kate's closest friend until America became her "BFF."
    It was a bit "they're the only girls so of course", so I don't mind that it changed to America tbh.

Maybe if Amerikate happens Cassie can take back the bff title lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It was a bit "they're the only girls so of course", so I don't mind that it changed to America tbh.

Maybe if Amerikate happens Cassie can take back the bff title lol.
    How is America and Kate's friendship any better? They were the only girls in the V2 run, and they barely even spoke to each other until the last 2 issues

How is America and Kate's friendship any better? They were the only girls in the V2 run, and they barely even spoke to each other until the last 2 issues
    To be fair, America barely spoke to anybody .

Extraordinary Member

Again......writers do what they want and to hell with what came before.

Personally I think that Kate and Cassie should always be portrayed as ride or die BFFs.

It lowkey bugs me that Kate and America are supposed BFF's not once did they deliver that type of vibe throughout Vol 2. Kate's main focus was Noh-Var and America's was Billy's which has potential to be a far more compelling and interesting relationship/dynamic that gets pushed to the side.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It lowkey bugs me that Kate and America are supposed BFF's not once did they deliver that type of vibe throughout Vol 2. Kate's main focus was Noh-Var and America's was Billy's which has potential to be a far more compelling and interesting relationship/dynamic that gets pushed to the side.
    The whole "America meeting her god" thing would've been such a cool story to explore. Like America having to watch him fumble around with his powers, but in the back of her head knowing he's gonna end up creating her home. Stuff like that seems prime for stories and stuff, but then Amerikate became the prioritized YA connection for America, and suddenly she doesn't talk to anyone else on the team. America and Billy interacting is something that I hope makes its way into a new book.
    Last edited by Waking Replica; 08-11-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

So almost everyone is basically questioning the relationships Vol 2 established right?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Players found a reference to Kate in the beta files of the new Avengers game: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/ma...e-bishop-more/

Is it too much to dream of a Young Avengers DLC for this game? I don't even play console games anymore, but the team could use the exposure. I wouldn't be shocked if it's just Kate and she's there as a supporting character for Clint, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    The whole "America meeting her god" thing would've been such a cool story to explore. Like America having to watch him fumble around with his powers, but in the back of her head knowing he's gonna end up creating her home. Stuff like that seems prime for stories and stuff, but then Amerikate became the prioritized YA connection for America, and suddenly she doesn't talk to anyone else on the team. America and Billy interacting is something that I hope makes its way into a new book.
    The America solo was such a huge wasted opportunity for that. I was hoping the new mini they had announced for her would perhaps touch on that more, but who knows if that's even happening anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if that book ended up being one of the casualties of the pandemic.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-12-2020 at 12:39 AM.