Page 84 of 131 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1963
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    This is awesome!

Personally, I'm not a fan of the shoulder pads. But the green has worked in empyre (better than other times)

Where can I find this interview? I'd like to see how old he thinks other characters are.
    They're still livestreaming on the link, so you'll have to go back to about -2:52:00 as of rn.

https://youtu.be/jjtwydia1AQ

pretty sure the answer is homophobia - YA is the queer team ("am i the only one who's straight??")

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Demiurgos View Post
    pretty sure the answer is homophobia - YA is the queer team ("am i the only one who's straight??")
    I doubt it. Marvel made them the "queer team" in the first place -- they wouldn't have done it if they had a problem with it. Plus if they bring back Patriot and Stature/Stinger, that would bring them up to at least three straight characters again with Kate.

Besides, Marvel has a number of other gay-heavy teams and books at the moment (X-FACTOR, MARAUDERS, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, etc), and they have the main gay Young Avengers and their gay marriage at the center of their big company-wide summer event. I really don't think homophobia is what's holding back a YA relaunch at this point.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Saying that though, Empyre did refer to Teddy as being "of the Young Avengers", even though he was more recently on Sunspot's Avengers team. Which means that they don't see him as being a proper Avenger, even though whether the YA team is or not, he himself definitely is one.
    I think this is not really about them not seeing him as an Avenger, and more about popular association. Teddy is definitely more known for being a Young Avenger than a New Avenger, so it's not really shocking to me that a story would associate him with the former rather than the latter. There's a reason why the guests on his wedding were all Young Avengers and none of the New Avengers were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Hey all, it's time for your weekly "me finding things out from my Twitter timeline and regurgitating it you all" LOL.

Anyway, Al did an online con interview today, where he answered a question about Billy and Teddy! Main points were:

• He loves them, with Teddy being his fav.
    • Likes green Teddy, as well as his shoulder pads.
    • Wasn't about to write a SkrullxKree event without Teddy.
    • Felt that it was time for the marriage since they always talked about it.
    • Felt that they were around 21-23 yrs old (and then talked about how old he felt some other characters were).
    • Said he felt like it's ok for high school sweethearts to get a happily ever after, and that at this point it's obvious there's no one else for them but each other.
    Thank you, as always, for sharing your findings with the rest of us. Much appreciated!
    Its so lovely to hear how appreciated these characters are to the creatives.

Apparently there is a formal wear version for the Aftermath one-shot cover:

That explains that Tommy sketch Jim Cheung shared on his IG a while back, in which it looked like he was wearing a tux. When the first cover came out, I thought they decided to change their outfits in the final version, but there is two! I think I like this one better, because it kind of makes me cringe when people are dressed in their superhero suits in a freaking wedding. Like, I get it being done for the cover and making the characters look recognizable, but I hope the interiors actually depict them in formal wear like this.

They should've given Billy a kippah, though.

I mean, I'm definitely getting multiple variants for this, OBVIOUSLY --- but I'm not into Teddy's crew cut, looking all military. I get soooo nitpicking about the hair hahaha. Still, definitely getting multiple variants that are made available.

Imma be honest, I hope Teddy doesn't cut/shift his hair after all this. Fluffy short blonde locks with the crown was a #look, and I'd hate for him to end up looking like some army brat with that cut.

Also, if there are more wedding focused variants, I hope they actually have Billy and Teddy front and center. Shulkie and Spidey dancing is cute, but this ain't their moment! I want the first dance variant! The glass breaking variant! Family photo variant! Let them have the spotlight!

Imma be honest, I hope Teddy doesn't cut/shift his hair after all this. Fluffy short blonde locks with the crown was a #look, and I'd hate for him to end up looking like some army brat with that cut.

Also, if there are more wedding focused variants, I hope they actually have Billy and Teddy front and center. Shulkie and Spidey dancing is cute, but this ain't their moment! I want the first dance variant! The glass breaking variant! Family photo variant! Let them have the spotlight!
    OMG you've got me reeling! A family photo variant! Ooh ooh and if we could get a Young Avengers (everyone) variant like those photo booth photos they do at weddings, with stupid giant glasses or props and whatever. Give us ALL the variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Apparently there is a formal wear version for the Aftermath one-shot cover:

They should've given Billy a kippah, though.
    Lol even Cheung can't bring himself to draw Tommy in that green monstrosity.

Agreed on the kippah

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I mean, I'm definitely getting multiple variants for this, OBVIOUSLY --- but I'm not into Teddy's crew cut, looking all military. I get soooo nitpicking about the hair hahaha. Still, definitely getting multiple variants that are made available.
    I'm not a big fan of the shorter haircut either, but I think that's just Cheung taking some artistic liberty, like Thor's hair being shorter than his current look. The Dodson cover also has him on his non-Hulkling form but with a bigger hair, so I don't think it's really set in stone how his hair is supposed to look like. The interiors are still being done by Schiti, so I think he's gonna keep Teddy with his Empyre look.

The concept of variant is pretty much meaningless to me since I only ever read digital, but I like to appreciate good art, so yeah, I say bring on the variants!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the shorter haircut either, but I think that's just Cheung taking some artistic liberty, like Thor's hair being shorter than his current look. The Dodson cover also has him on his non-Hulkling form but with a bigger hair, so I don't think it's really set in stone how his hair is supposed to look like. The interiors are still being done by Schiti, so I think he's gonna keep Teddy with his Empyre look.
    I just assumed the rest of his hair was behind his head.

I reallllllly wanted to get Empyre #6 today, but oh well. Thankfully, Teddy had a rather nice showing in Cap Marvel #20!

Though, I will say spoilers:
    I was waiting for Teddy to make a comment after Carol mentioned that line about not knowing about magic and defaulting to Dr. Strange.

He replied "I need to sit down" after she said she doesn't know much about magic, but I thought it would've been cute to have him be like, "well, me too. That's my man's line of work!" Or something like that. Also interesting that Jessica didn't even mention anything to Teddy considering she probably got an earful from Billy about him.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Something I really enjoyed about their quicky wedding was that Teddy had planned to elope like that for a while and it was treated like a secret mission.

It's an interesting bit of character development left over from their time in New Avengers. Teddy was a lot like Roberto in that series, using his shapeshifting creatively for contingency plans.
    Hiding his phone in his forearm, acting as a decoy for Roberto when he was the target of assassins, storing his brain somewhere other than his brain so that he couldn't be killed by a headshot.

Teddy adapted to life as a secret agent better than most of his teammates, and it seems to help him now that he's King of Space
    end of spoilers

An audition tape for Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness leaked and the role definitely has some America Chavez vibes to it: https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/au...trange-sequel/

I'm still a bit bothered by the age, like I said before. The girl in the video is 13..... I'm hoping this is for a flashback of America, but the dialogue makes it sounds like it's a conversation that takes place in current time.