Page 85 of 131 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1963
    Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    An audition tape for Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness leaked and the role definitely has some America Chavez vibes to it: https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/au...trange-sequel/

I'm still a bit bothered by the age, like I said before. The girl in the video is 13..... I'm hoping this is for a flashback of America, but the dialogue makes it sounds like it's a conversation that takes place in current time.
    It's looking more and more likely that the Utopian Parallel won't make it onto the silver screen :/ that line about how she knows other versions of who she's talking to imply an alt-Earth origin. Guess a dimension of lesbians created by a gay magic twink was too much representation to get across lol.

And her age too is ehhhhh. I think it might be an overreaction to the hate America gets, and maybe they thought by making her younger, the talking back could be made to look more endearing or something like that. Also making her young would give them the excuse to not portray her sexuality. Ughh. I was excited for her to join the MCU, but in the words echoed by so many other YA stans, "not like thissss!!"

Or maybe they're just thinking she'd age into comic accuracy. What if she appeared in more films, maybe two or three years apart?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    It's looking more and more likely that the Utopian Parallel won't make it onto the silver screen :/ that line about how she knows other versions of who she's talking to imply an alt-Earth origin. Guess a dimension of lesbians created by a gay magic twink was too much representation to get across lol.

And her age too is ehhhhh. I think it might be an overreaction to the hate America gets, and maybe they thought by making her younger, the talking back could be made to look more endearing or something like that. Also making her young would give them the excuse to not portray her sexuality. Ughh. I was excited for her to join the MCU, but in the words echoed by so many other YA stans, "not like thissss!!"
    Yeah, assuming the video is true and the dialogue is an actual script for the movie, it sounds like they're gonna try to turn her into the character Mysterio was promoted to be in Spider-Man: FFH; someone from another universe instead of someone from a different dimension. Although I guess they could always say that she IS originally from another dimension, but she was just living in a different universe after she lost her home (we know that this is canon in the comics, with America travelling to universes other than the 616 one). She DOES mention that she is a orphan in the video, which is comics accurate. So hopefully at least her moms aren't getting erased.

I have a really bad feeling about her being deaged. Like you said, it feels like a cop-out. I mean, yeah, she would grow up quicker in that universe since the MCU actually takes place in real time, but it's just a weird decision if we consider her dynamic with the Young Avengers. Her relationship with the team, specially Kate, will have to be entirely different if she is that young in the MCU. She would be like the Molly Hayes of the team, which is sooo weird to me. AmeriKate definitely won't be allowed to flirt or make jokes about sexuality, which sucks. Which makes me question something I would rather not think about: maybe they're not planning on using her with the Young Avengers, after all. Maybe they're just seeing her as a completely individual character for an individual role. That's a really disappointing possibility to me, because MAC was such a good addition to the team in the comics, and seeing the MCU basically write her out of the team like this would blow.

And now I'm getting worried about which other liberties they might take with other members of the team. And how that might affect the comics and other media. Oh, lord...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Or maybe they're just thinking she'd age into comic accuracy. What if she appeared in more films, maybe two or three years apart?
    I'm just confused as to why they would need to wait for her to age into her comic book self when they clearly didn't feel the need to do that with other teen heroes like Peter, Kamala and Kate... Like, what's the reason why America just can't be her more mature self from the beginning? It's weird.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-19-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Since she hasn't been cast yet, I'm going to hold up hope that Marvel notices the outcries for an older America, and just ages the character (Not because I believe they would do it, just because I reeeeeally want the team done right). Unless her age is extremely important for the plot, nothing but a few of her lines would change, and the fans would be happier. I mean, if they can re-do sonic entirely, why not age up a character that should be older anyway? Also, this leak could be one of those leaks that are meant to gage the reaction of the public. Maybe they weren't as sure about the deaging themselves. Again, I'm just running on hope and conspiracy theories here. =P

Yeah, assuming the video is true and the dialogue is an actual script for the movie, it sounds like they're gonna try to turn her into the character Mysterio was promoted to be in Spider-Man: FFH; someone from another universe instead of someone from a different dimension. Although I guess they could always say that she IS originally from another dimension, but she was just living in a different universe after she lost her home (we know that this is canon in the comics, with America travelling to universes other than the 616 one). She DOES mention that she is a orphan in the video, which is comics accurate. So hopefully at least her moms aren't getting erased.

I have a really bad feeling about her being deaged. Like you said, it feels like a cop-out. I mean, yeah, she would grow up quicker in that universe since the MCU actually takes place in real time, but it's just a weird decision if we consider her dynamic with the Young Avengers. Her relationship with the team, specially Kate, will have to be entirely different if she is that young in the MCU. She would be like the Molly Hayes of the team, which is sooo weird to me. AmeriKate definitely won't be allowed to flirt or make jokes about sexuality, which sucks. Which makes me question something I would rather not think about: maybe they're not planning on using her with the Young Avengers, after all. Maybe they're just seeing her as a completely individual character for an individual role. That's a really disappointing possibility to me, because MAC was such a good addition to the team in the comics, and seeing the MCU basically write her out of the team like this would blow.

And now I'm getting worried about which other liberties they might take with other members of the team. And how that might affect the comics and other media. Oh, lord...

I'm just confused as to why they would need to wait for her to age into her comic book self when they clearly didn't feel the need to do that with other teen heroes like Peter, Kamala and Kate... Like, what's the reason why America just can't be her more mature self from the beginning? It's weird.
    No shade, but if sacrificing Amerikate is what it takes for EXPLICIT and prominent-ish MCU BillyTeddy, I'll gladly take it haha

In terms of MCU showings, I'm sure Billy and Teddy will be gay, since they'd be guaranteeing YA being DOA if they mess with BillyTeddy given how much they push them as the "we love the gays!1!1!" couple of Marvel. There's normal adaptation controversy, and then there's changing the two arguably most important characters of the team. That's guaranteeing harshly bad media coverage, which Disney probably don't want to have for a post Tony and Steve MCU.

Kate's gonna be fine, since they seem to know that she's liked for being the spunky leader type. Tommy might end up with some horrible dye job like Evan Peters and Aaron Taylor Johnson had, but oh well. He probably won't be bi though, which sucks. Eli tbh hasn't had much time in the spotlight to be changed in a way that might raise eyebrows. Nate's issues are less of changes being made to him, and moreso if he's even gonna make it onto the screen. Cassie's already brunette, so there's that lmao. But, I mean, the MCU brought her back in the comics, so there's some positive synergy lol.

Yeah it's definetely weird if America is a tween when we already have Cassie and Kate as teenagers. Maybe Cassie wouldn't be on YA for some reason but Kate definetely would...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

No shade, but if sacrificing Amerikate is what it takes for EXPLICIT and prominent-ish MCU BillyTeddy, I'll gladly take it haha

In terms of MCU showings, I'm sure Billy and Teddy will be gay, since they'd be guaranteeing YA being DOA if they mess with BillyTeddy given how much they push them as the "we love the gays!1!1!" couple of Marvel. There's normal adaptation controversy, and then there's changing the two arguably most important characters of the team. That's guaranteeing harshly bad media coverage, which Disney probably don't want to have for a post Tony and Steve MCU.

Kate's gonna be fine, since they seem to know that she's liked for being the spunky leader type. Tommy might end up with some horrible dye job like Evan Peters and Aaron Taylor Johnson had, but oh well. He probably won't be bi though, which sucks. Eli tbh hasn't had much time in the spotlight to be changed in a way that might raise eyebrows. Nate's issues are less of changes being made to him, and moreso if he's even gonna make it onto the screen. Cassie's already brunette, so there's that lmao. But, I mean, the MCU brought her back in the comics, so there's some positive synergy lol.
    I'm not worried about Billy and Teddy as a couple. That is the one thing I know they would never change because, like you said, the backlash would be horrible. Worst case scenario is that we don't see much of their relationship, but I think it'll be there. I'm more worried about their individual stories. Like, if they're already changing MAC's backstory, it could totally happen to the others too. Kate debuting in the Hawkeye show instead of a Young Avengers production is already a huge deviation of her origin in the comics. Billy and Tommy are in unknown territory since we will actually see them growing on WandaVision, something that we never saw with the original twins in the comics, so how they will make the transition from that to Wiccan/Speed is just completely uncertain. My concern is if those changes are going to be for the better... or not.

I'm not worried about Billy and Teddy as a couple. That is the one thing I know they would never change because, like you said, the backlash would be horrible. Worst case scenario is that we don't see much of their relationship, but I think it'll be there. I'm more worried about their individual stories. Like, if they're already changing MAC's backstory, it could totally happen to the others too. Kate debuting in the Hawkeye show instead of a Young Avengers production is already a huge deviation of her origin in the comics. Billy and Tommy are in unknown territory since we will actually see them growing on WandaVision, something that we never saw with the original twins in the comics, so how they will make the transition from that to Wiccan/Speed is just completely uncertain. My concern is if those changes are going to be for the better... or not.
    I think so long as they portray Kate as being competent and skilled BEFORE meeting Clint, the order of events can be smudged a bit. It'd get into side eye territory if she was shown as just some rich girl who gets into trouble and Clint comes in to teach her how to defend herself.

Billy and Tommy will probably just have a dynamic where Tommy is the troublemaking twin that's fiercely protective of his more timid and anxious twin Billy. If that leaked audition clip is any indication, I foresee him coming to Billy's defense as much as Teddy will in the MCU. That'd be a welcome change, since like you said we never saw them grow up together in 616. Maybe that'd get Tommy into more of Billy's storylines in the comics.

I definitely was (and still sorta am) a stickler for being as close to comics canon as you can realistically be when adapting to screen, but I'm also learning to temper my expectations and be realistic. As long as no shenanigans are afoot, I can live with some rearranging. Granted, I'm saying this as a fan of characters that haven't gone through years of MCU. Who knows, we may all end up like the pre GotG movie Guardians fans who hate that Starlord became a fratbro, among the other changes they made.

I think so long as they portray Kate as being competent and skilled BEFORE meeting Clint, the order of events can be smudged a bit. It'd get into side eye territory if she was shown as just some rich girl who gets into trouble and Clint comes in to teach her how to defend herself.
    That's best avoided, yeah. It'd be ripping off Arrow, where Thea started out as a spoiled rich girl in with the wrong crowd. spoilers:
    After her family loses their money and she finds out her real father is someone else and not who she thought, she goes with her real father and comes back five months later as a competent swordswoman, martial artist, and archer. Which is exactly what Kate's skillset is.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wasn't she skilled at archery before she became a Superhero? So I can see her being good at that and probably scrappy but lacking the formal training that Clint will give her.

Yes she was. Remember, when Kate started out, she had trouble deciding what mantle to pick, taking gear from Hawkeye (bow and arrows), Swordman (sword) and Mockingbird (staff).

From the looks of the November solicits (as far as I can see) looks like everyone's back in the bin :/

Maybe we get a cameo from Teddy (and maybe Billy?) in Guardians since it appears to be Noh focussed, but other than that, it seems like Empyre was it in terms of YA showings this year.

There's still December and/or surprise announcements, but as of rn, we're back in hibernation mode until maybe Darkhold with Wanda comes out and Billy has a showing, since Orlando did post that pic of Children's Crusade. Other than that, there's also Wandavision if it comes out this year.

From the looks of the November solicits (as far as I can see) looks like everyone's back in the bin :/

Maybe we get a cameo from Teddy (and maybe Billy?) in Guardians since it appears to be Noh focussed, but other than that, it seems like Empyre was it in terms of YA showings this year.

There's still December and/or surprise announcements, but as of rn, we're back in hibernation mode until maybe Darkhold with Wanda comes out and Billy has a showing, since Orlando did post that pic of Children's Crusade. Other than that, there's also Wandavision if it comes out this year.
    Considering that November's going to be a lot of that King in Black nonsense, the YA are better off not being near it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes she was. Remember, when Kate started out, she had trouble deciding what mantle to pick, taking gear from Hawkeye (bow and arrows), Swordman (sword) and Mockingbird (staff).
    "Hawkingbird?" "Don't make me come over there!"

Gosh, I wish she'd ever pushed one of the buttons on the hilt of that sword and found out it could shoot lightning, fire, ice blasts and paralyzing nerve gas! She probably would have ditched that bow, tout suite!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    "Hawkingbird?" "Don't make me come over there!"

Gosh, I wish she'd ever pushed one of the buttons on the hilt of that sword and found out it could shoot lightning, fire, ice blasts and paralyzing nerve gas! She probably would have ditched that bow, tout suite!
    We have a Swordswoman now. It’s the original’s daughter.

Which makes her Quoi’s half sister.