Page 88 of 131 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1963

Ewing the true hero of the gays at Marvel... I remember when Kieran used to say Bendis was better.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Okay I like the look and I love this for Kate! Her Voice isn't how I thought Kate would sound like though... is that petty? It's just all I hear is Chloe or Alloy

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Wow, I'm surprised they didn't go with teen Kate (I'm assuming she's older based on the voice and way she looks). They passed up the chance for some amalgamated YA roster with Kamala, which no shade I'm kinda glad about.

And considering the other characters from the data mine/leak, perhaps there is a chance the other members could at least appear or be mentioned (though since they might be older too, I wonder how that'll work out).

I'm also curious about those teleportation powers. Wonder where she got those lol.

God this is probably hoping too much what if we got all the YA's in this game! If the leaks are true Billy could be a wanda skin like on that online game, Teddy a Captain Marvel Skin, Eli a Captain America ect. It's hoping for too much I know but what if!?!

That would do Teddy and Eli a disservice, as they have unique powers their counterparts don't. In Teddy's case, it's his shapeshifting (in fact, you could argue he should be an alternate of Kamala, since she has that power as well). In Eli's case, it's his throwing stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I'm also curious about those teleportation powers. Wonder where she got those lol.
    It's probably technology - and talk about great minds thinking alike - Tim Drake has the same power in that Gotham Knights game they announced at DC Fandome.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-01-2020 at 01:46 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I can't say Ashley Burch isn't playing to type.

Looks like there's a flashback with her in her mainstream costume? Does everybody get pre and post A-Day costumes?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

She looks and sounds cool. I approve.

Not sure how to feel about her being an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., though. It doesn't feel very Kate to be working under this kind of authority, but then again, she says it's ''complicated'', so maybe she's just working with them because of whatever happened to Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    And considering the other characters from the data mine/leak, perhaps there is a chance the other members could at least appear or be mentioned (though since they might be older too, I wonder how that'll work out).
    The trailer mentions that she has some kind of history with the Avengers. If they're taking inspiration from the comics, I wonder if this means the Young Avengers already exist in this universe, and much like today in the comics, they're all a bit older now. I hope they at least mention them.

Yeah, I was confused about that too. Hopefully it's some device, because it would seem very weird for her to be superpowered like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    God this is probably hoping too much what if we got all the YA's in this game! If the leaks are true Billy could be a wanda skin like on that online game, Teddy a Captain Marvel Skin, Eli a Captain America ect. It's hoping for too much I know but what if!?!
    Considering Kate is her own character, it would be kind of a bummer if everyone else was just a skin for existing characters. But I also find it very unlikely we'll get the whole team, with the roster that's already been leaked. So maybe getting some skins is better than nothing...

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

She looks like Cobie Smulders which is funny because Maria Hill is also in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not sure how to feel about her being an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., though. It doesn't feel very Kate to be working under this kind of authority, but then again, she says it's ''complicated'', so maybe she's just working with them because of whatever happened to Clint.
    She did work with S.H.I.E.L.D. before on All-New Hawkeye. Though that did end with S.H.I.E.L.D. being super sketchy, both in the present and in the future. I think. It's been a while since I read that, so I resorted to some fact-checking from the Wiki...

The trailer mentions that she has some kind of history with the Avengers. If they're taking inspiration from the comics, I wonder if this means the Young Avengers already exist in this universe, and much like today in the comics, they're all a bit older now. I hope they at least mention them.

Considering Kate is her own character, it would be kind of a bummer if everyone else was just a skin for existing characters. But I also find it very unlikely we'll get the whole team, with the roster that's already been leaked. So maybe getting some skins is better than nothing...
    Hey, there's nothing stopping them from adding the team later on as some as-of-yet undeveloped DLC, or even in a sequel. I think it just depends on how well the game does, and how much demand for YA there is when they're planning for new stuff. But I'd honestly be happy even with them as just skins, as long as they have unique dialogue and minor cosmetic changes to the powers (Billy's blue magic x Wanda's red, for instance). I just want them in more games. I miss playing with Billy on Marvel Heroes, and I wish that they'd make all YA members in Future Fight viable (Teddy is literally considered the weakest character in the game).

TFW Kate has no bangs

I just realized that with Ashly Burch playing Kate you could have a squad with both Rise Kujikawa's on it (not that many people probably have fond memories of Burch as Rise).
    SHIELD post A-Day seems more like a volunteer group than a government authority, so that might play a part in it. I do think she's working with them to try and find Clint.
    I got the impression she was introduced to the team as Clint's protege/partner pre A-Day and that's where the scenes with her in the Aja costume are from.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    TFW Kate has no bangs
    In the comics, she didn't have them until Fraction's Hawkeye. Since that book actually ran concurrent with Young Avengers vol 2, she clearly had them cut in between the end of YA and the start of that Hawkeye book.

I think technical limitations explain the hairstyle, considering the flashback seems to show her hair shorter than usual. And the lack of bangs may well be because it makes her look less like Kamala. It wouldn't look good if the only difference in their designs was skin colour.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    Hey, there's nothing stopping them from adding the team later on as some as-of-yet undeveloped DLC, or even in a sequel. I think it just depends on how well the game does, and how much demand for YA there is when they're planning for new stuff. But I'd honestly be happy even with them as just skins, as long as they have unique dialogue and minor cosmetic changes to the powers (Billy's blue magic x Wanda's red, for instance). I just want them in more games. I miss playing with Billy on Marvel Heroes, and I wish that they'd make all YA members in Future Fight viable (Teddy is literally considered the weakest character in the game).
    I just think this game has too many DLCs already, if the leaks are true. So a brand new DLC bringing in a whole new sub-team to the game seems unlikely. And even if they did that, I feel like they would be drowned by all of the already existing content the game has. A sequel game that could focus on the team more and put them front and center would probably be better. They could use the Iron Lad connection to make Kang the main villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I got the impression she was introduced to the team as Clint's protege/partner pre A-Day and that's where the scenes with her in the Aja costume are from.
    I mean, yes, I think it's a given that she's his partner in the game; the inspiration from Fraction's run is pretty clear. But there's still the question of how Kate became Hawkeye in this universe. If they're taking inspiration from the comics (and it's pretty much the only place they can take inspiration from, since Kate doesn't exist in any other mainstream media), then it would be pretty easy to establish the Young Avengers exist there too.

Not sure how I feel about Kate teleporting.

I have wanted her to get a gimmick other than just the bow and arrows. I was never a fan of her using the Kree Soul Bow or the Bow of Shiva, they were fairly generic energy blasts in arrow form. I miss her Hawkingbird/volume 1 days when she had other weapons like the sword and escrima sticks. Different weapons for different situations is just sensible, a bow and arrow won't do much good in close quarters combat.

But having an actual power like teleporting just seems wrong. Kate is non-powered, but she's competent and skilled enough to still contribute as a superhero, that's her thing. Plus the YA already has America and Billy for teleporting.

Of course this is all in a game where the rest of the YA probably won't get included, so that's a moot point.