Page 90 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1963
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    In a way I could stand the sacrifice of Billy and Teddy from a YA relaunch due to the fact them being Emperors of Space for 616 does so much more for their brand and could launch them as key players in the greater MU. Not to mention last YA run was all about Billy if they do another one and he's off the board the others could shine.
    While Teddy is my favorite of the YA, I could go for this. He's gotten a big showing, and Billy's been the belle of the ball for the last two YA outings, so it's probably a good idea to showcase some of the others.

Or here's a thought and highly likely the Empyre could just make earth the center of their reign. This has already been somewhat alluded too.
    It would make sense that Teddy would pick somewhere to rule from that isn't specifically Kree space *or* Skrull space (so as to avoid any appearance of favoritism, and, bonus, avoid the sorts of political court shenanigans that would come from moving into an established capitol), and Earth is as good as any other neutral third party option, I suppose!

Extraordinary Member

I mean technically sending them off panel in their “honeymoon phase” where there’s no on panel drama, can be a good thing.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I mean technically sending them off panel in their “honeymoon phase” where there’s no on panel drama, can be a good thing.
    Normally I'd say that I want some consistent showings post-event, but considering KiB is being touted as this "Grrrrrr I'm so dark and edgy!! Grrrrrrr want some high stakes? There's gonna be a lot of high stakes!1!1" type of event that directly deals with the new alliance (at least in the beginning), I say let Billy and Teddy have their honeymoon in the opposite direction Knull is coming from. Not that editorial would be stupid enough to rubberband things back that quickly OR harm them just after they got married, but still, you never know what might happen when you let these writers live out their 90's comics edgy fantasies

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Normally I'd say that I want some consistent showings post-event, but considering KiB is being touted as this "Grrrrrr I'm so dark and edgy!! Grrrrrrr want some high stakes? There's gonna be a lot of high stakes!1!1" type of event that directly deals with the new alliance (at least in the beginning), I say let Billy and Teddy have their honeymoon in the opposite direction Knull is coming from. Not that editorial would be stupid enough to rubberband things back that quickly OR harm them just after they got married, but still, you never know what might happen when you let these writers live out their 90's comics edgy fantasies
    You have such a charming way with words. I laughed out loud. "Grrr I'm so dark and edgy!! Grrrrrr want some high stakes? There's gonna be a lot of high stakes!1!1" hahaha And the "have their honeymoon in the OPPOSITE direction Knull is coming from" hahaha. Well said.
    Did anyone read the Guardians of the Galaxy that came out today? The last panels between Nova and Rocket definitely suggest they'll be getting immediately involved with the post-Empyre shenanigans, and I gotta say I would LOVE to see them interact with Billy and Teddy. Noh-Varr (who recently hooked up with Hercules btw -- [insert shrill screaming here]) is Teddy's buddy and Phyla (okay she's an alternate reality universe Phyla) is Teddy's half sister, if I'm not mistaken? And of course Ewing is in charge of both GotG and the Empyre happenings so sweet GAWD let there be additional light at the end of this space tunnel and may we all survive the Knull ordeal (I for one am not in any way ecstatic and immediately rolled my eyes at its announcement -- sorry to anyone who is pumped. You do you. I support your pursuit of joy)

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Hopefully what Cates is doing wont impact too much on what Ewing is doing, guess we'll see.

I do hope Teddy and Phylla finally meet, and then if someone could bring Genis back....Vell family united!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

That last page of Empyre was so nice. It filled me with hope about what's next to them. I'm just disappointed we didn't see the rest of the YA during this event at all. I really wanted to see them helping Billy and Teddy during this event.

Or here's a thought and highly likely the Empyre could just make earth the center of their reign. This has already been somewhat alluded too.
    That's what I've been saying. Earth should still be important to Teddy. He is the king of two entire empires that spent years attacking Earth. Now that he, an earthling, is ruling those empires, there's the question of how he will maintain peace between them. I think Teddy should definitely have an ambassador kind of job on Earth where he deals with Kree/Skrull/Human socio-political relations. Like, what if some Kree and Skrulls want to migrate to Earth for a better life, but instead of resorting to the old invasion route, they go through all the proper, legal immigration channels? Teddy could be the guy who helps with that. And then perhaps in return, he supplies governments across Earth with things that could help advance human society, like technology, science, medicine, etc from space. He could work closely with S.W.O.R.D./Alpha Flight for that. Helping create a world that's better for Kree, Skrulls and humans would be the perfect job for Teddy, and it would justify him spending more time on Earth (and therefore being able to be with the Young Avengers) instead of being in space all the time. He could have people on Earth and space that help him whenever he's in one place and needs someone to oversee the other. I think this is the best outcome: it creates more narrative options for the character instead of limiting him. He can be in one arc of YA book and then appear in one arc of the GOTG book if he's needed there, for example. And then if he ends up appearing in two books simultaneously, just say it takes place during different times. No big deal.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-02-2020 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That last page of Empyre was so nice. It filled me with hope about what's next to them. I'm just disappointed we didn't see the rest of the YA during this event at all. I really wanted to see them helping Billy and Teddy during this event.

That's what I've been saying. Earth should still be important to Teddy. He is the king of two entire empires that spent years attacking Earth. Now that he, an earthling, is ruling those empires, there's the question of how he will maintain peace between them. I think Teddy should definitely have an ambassador kind of job on Earth where he deals with Kree/Skrull/Human socio-political relations. Like, what if some Kree and Skrulls want to migrate to Earth for a better life, but instead of resorting to the old invasion route, they go through all the proper, legal immigration channels? Teddy could be the guy who helps with that. And then perhaps in return, he supplies governments across Earth with things that could help advance human society, like technology, science, medicine, etc from space. He could work closely with S.W.O.R.D./Alpha Flight for that. Helping create a world that's better for Kree, Skrulls and humans would be the perfect job for Teddy, and it would justify him spending more time on Earth (and therefore being able to be with the Young Avengers) instead of being in space all the time. He could have people on Earth and space that help him whenever he's in one place and needs someone to oversee the other. I think this is the best outcome: it creates more narrative options for the character instead of limiting him. He can be in one arc of YA book and then appear in one arc of the GOTG book if he's needed there, for example. And then if he ends up appearing in two books simultaneously, just say it takes place during different times. No big deal.
    That would be interesting, but reducing Teddy to the role of ambassador is a bit of demotion. He's THE KING OF SPACE!™ I'm looking forward to seeing more of him being the Big Boss.

After reading the latest Guardians issue I'd be more-than-happy to see Teddy and Billy going on space adventures with that bunch. With the two-spirited Moondragon and Phyla and this issue's hot new couple Hercules and Noh-Varr it's become one of the most queer-friendly titles at a Marvel. They'd be right at home there and Al Ewing is an excellent writer. I'm loving his work on the book.

According to the preview for the next Guardians issue Noh-Varr's actual job title is Kree Ambassador, so perhaps that will be the connection for our cosmic YA lovebirds in the near future.
    Last edited by Ravyn; 09-02-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Guardians is also white as hell so adding Teddy and Billy wouldn't be my first choice

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Guardians is also white as hell so adding Teddy and Billy wouldn't be my first choice
    But Teddy is green.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Good news for MAC fans: https://twitter.com/LetsTalkMAC/stat...92603058683905

Looks like her book wasn't cancelled, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    That would be interesting, but reducing Teddy to the role of ambassador is a bit of demotion. He's THE KING OF SPACE!™ I'm looking forward to seeing more of him being the Big Boss.
    I wasn't implying he wouldn't be king anymore. The ambassador thing would be a part of his job as king, not a demotion. He would just be a different type of king, that rules not just in space, but on Earth too. I mean, as king, I'm pretty sure he can just give himself any job he wants. If he can convince the Empire that it's for the best, they're probably gonna support him.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-03-2020 at 02:30 AM.

Preview for Empyre Aftermath Avengers is out

https://www.cbr.com/empyre-aftermath...eview-tanalth/

spoilers:
    Billy is actually called Consort, gross
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    GASP!!! Exciting!!! Thank you for sharing Beetle!!

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Oop Teddy still hating Superskrull we love to see it! Get on Gla-Rhee next, and Mur-Ghun too!! (I just don't fuck with her) also for an old bitch Grandma Teddy's body is fire.

Oop Teddy still hating Superskrull we love to see it! Get on Gla-Rhee next, and Mur-Ghun too!! (I just don't fuck with her) also for an old bitch Grandma Teddy's body is fire.
    Skrull life, ammirite? Svelt AF for as long as you wish to be. haha.
    Also, whatever Grandma, "I'm a bad bitch and I'd do it again" shuddup and show us the boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Skrull life, ammirite? Svelt AF for as long as you wish to be. haha.
    Also, whatever Grandma, "I'm a bad bitch and I'd do it again" shuddup and show us the boys!
    Bad Bitch my ass that "Consort" she shit talked is taking her crown we love to see it!! Her old ass can fallback into obscurity let the real royals take the lead! True Royalty doesn't need to try that hard.