Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 546
  1. #436
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6,833

    Default

    Does anyone think Jen will "win" the Phoenix Force over in the Avengers? I do not believe it will be Jen.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 11-20-2020 at 01:44 PM.

  2. #437
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Does anyone think Jen will "win" the Phoenix Force over in the Avengers? I do not believe it will be Jen.
    No, it's likely going to be Namor or Valkyrie.

  3. #438
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    No, it's likely going to be Namor or Valkyrie.
    Agreed. I think Valkyrie too.

  4. #439
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Does anyone think Jen will "win" the Phoenix Force over in the Avengers? I do not believe it will be Jen.
    I think that the Phoenix Force should return to Rachel Summers where it belongs.

  5. #440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that the Phoenix Force should return to Rachel Summers where it belongs.
    If it "belongs" anywhere, it's Jean Grey. You really need to let go of your resentment that actual comics creators actively reject your ideas for being stuck in the 70's and '80's (or never having being true to start with).

  6. #441
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    If it "belongs" anywhere, it's Jean Grey. You really need to let go of your resentment that actual comics creators actively reject your ideas for being stuck in the 70's and '80's (or never having being true to start with).
    Jean Grey was never The Phoenix, as it was an entity that copied her body. Rachel originally possessed the Phoenix Force in X-Men #199(1985). Thus, there was an opportunity for Rachel to return to her own timeline with that power to free her own universe from the terror of the Sentinel oppression. Going back to Jennifer Walters, if she gets the Phoenix Force, she would be unstoppable.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-21-2020 at 05:41 PM.

  7. #442

  8. #443
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    I want to assume the villain is a pre-powered Titania, but it really doesn't sound like her.

    I wonder if Susie is supposed to be Angie Huang.

  9. #444
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    No, it's likely going to be Namor or Valkyrie.
    No way its Namor. Marvel has editors for a reason
    The J-man

  10. #445
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to assume the villain is a pre-powered Titania, but it really doesn't sound like her.

    I wonder if Susie is supposed to be Angie Huang.
    It could be a reimagined Ultima. But really, She-Hulk doesn't have many villains that sound like this one.

    I feel like Susie will be Jill.

  11. #446
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Stunner, Carnage and Hammerhead would work well as part of Jennifer's rogues.







    Jennifer needs a challenge. These villains will provide a bang for the buck...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-29-2020 at 10:22 PM.

  12. #447
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Stunner, yes. She would make a good thematic rival for Jennifer since they both explore the dual-identities and what it means for a woman to be outwardly vastly different (shy and unremarkable vs. sensational and center-of-attention). And I'm always a sucker for feminist themes being explored in comic books.

    Carnage, no. He's much too violent and chaotic for a character like She-Hulk. Her series isn't and shouldn't be that dark.

    Hammerhead, meh. She has Nicholas Trask who hasn't been used since the 80's who actually has a prominent moment of history with her. If any mobster is gonna be used in her series, it should be him.

    In general I'm not a fan of shuffling other characters in between rogues galleries. She-Hulk has a pretty small pool of villains, but all of them have scarcely been used besides Titania and could use some updating.

  13. #448
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Stunner, Carnage and Hammerhead would work well as part of Jennifer's rogues.







    Jennifer needs a challenge. These villains will provide a bang for the buck...
    You really won't let this go will you?

    And no, none of these guys is a challenge for She-Hulk.

  14. #449
    Incredible Member comicfan298's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It could be a reimagined Ultima. But really, She-Hulk doesn't have many villains that sound like this one.

    I feel like Susie will be Jill.
    Feels like Ultima, the word could be the name of her followers.

  15. #450
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6,833

    Default

    I would like it to be Ultima. The first female foe of She-Hulk and a long time not seen.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •