Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

I must catch up with Immortal Hulk. I really how Ewing frees Jen from her current state... like, I have actually canceled my Avengers pull now. Part of me did not want to, because I like to collect all things Shulkie, but I just cannot deal with how badly she is being treated by Aaron.

Public Enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I must catch up with Immortal Hulk. I really how Ewing frees Jen from her current state... like, I have actually canceled my Avengers pull now. Part of me did not want to, because I like to collect all things Shulkie, but I just cannot deal with how badly she is being treated by Aaron.
    You shouldn't have canceled. She-Hulk now is smart, lean, taller and more powerful than ever. Her old / smart personality is back.

She's in the hands of Dan Slott and Ewing now...

Quote Originally Posted by Public Enemy View Post
    You shouldn't have canceled. She-Hulk now is smart, lean, taller and more powerful than ever. Her old / smart personality is back.

Avengers is still currently written by Jason Aaron, so I don't see why they shouldn't cancel. (I'd say their real mistake was financially supporting it for 30 issues.)
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Avengers is still currently written by Jason Aaron, so I don't see why they shouldn't cancel. (I'd say their real mistake was financially supporting it for 30 issues.)
    Yeah, I'm not expecting this to last very long as long as Jen is still being written by Aaron.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And so much for female camaraderie on Jane's part by insulting the codename of another female hero.

I think he's had issues with all the classic Avenger ladies save for Carol.
    Sadly no surprise after reading Angela showing up in Thor and every time a certain Shield agent adresses her she insults Angela because of her choice of clothes. Even after Angela saves her life she does it.
    Even more idiotic after seeing Jennifers new "costume" before going into space. They managed to make even the most skimpy costume Angela wore during her Spawn time look modest.

I think Aaron is incapable of not hammering his points home even if it makes no sense. Two examples are Jen arguing that she is better now than before her current state or even better Thor being reduced to "Am I worthy" over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Sadly no surprise after reading Angela showing up in Thor and every time a certain Shield agent adresses her she insults Angela because of her choice of clothes. Even after Angela saves her life she does it.
    Even more idiotic after seeing Jennifers new "costume" before going into space. They managed to make even the most skimpy costume Angela wore during her Spawn time look modest.

I think Aaron is incapable of not hammering his points home even if it makes no sense. Two examples are Jen arguing that she is better now than before her current state or even better Thor being reduced to "Am I worthy" over and over again.
    See, that's kind of my thing...I respect Aaron for trying to promote feminist values but he wasn't very even-handed about it at times and sometimes it was a very strict vision of feminism he was promoting (and that even he couldn't be consistent about).

Quote Originally Posted by Public Enemy View Post

Yes, but only for the moment. If this event turns her more into her old self permanently, then sure, I will re-sub! But unless Aaron is willing to let Jen go, then I doubt that is going to happen outside this event/the one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I know, but outside what he has done to Jen the book is not bad, and as I said, I am building a Shulkie collection, which really should still include even the bad stuff...

BANNED

See, that's kind of my thing...I respect Aaron for trying to promote feminist values but he wasn't very even-handed about it at times and sometimes it was a very strict vision of feminism he was promoting (and that even he couldn't be consistent about).
    Aarons problem is that he writes something and can't let go of it, even if it makes no sense storywise or it
    contradicts one of his older points he made .
    During his X-Men run it was "Cyclops is worse than Magneto ever was". Thor is always thinking about being worthy. Jane being Thor got some scenes like Titiania surrendering.
    And if Angela had shown up more during his run, we would have gotten more of people making
    derogatory comments about her outfits.

I think he would an editor, who tells him that something is not really working to make the point, but makes someome look not so good.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Remember what issue that was?

Avengers #37 Monster variant.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Remember what issue that was?
    mighty Thor #13+14 i think.

And Jens new costume should beAvengers # 27
    Last edited by lowfyr; 07-29-2020 at 04:09 AM.

BANNED

Have to agree with most, Jen needs to go back to normal as soon as possible... As is, she's by far the most disappointing part of Aaron's Avengers run.

Mighty Member

Another negative for Jen's current look is just the inconsistency and how exaggerated it gets, to almost cartoonish levels.
    funny. I always thought Slender she-hulk made no sense in comparison to what gamma radiation did to Banner. She should be massive and muscular if they're trying to be consistent. I like the bulkier new look.
    Cyclops was right

Another negative for Jen's current look is just the inconsistency and how exaggerated it gets, to almost cartoonish levels.
    LOL yeah.

what's that on the right LMFAO.

give her back her slender look.

she looked more unique.
    Last edited by GodThor; 07-29-2020 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    LOL yeah.

what's that on the right LMFAO.

give her back her slender look.

she looked more unique.
    LOL, it does take a while to get used to, but I think Jen's She-Bulk look makes her more unique. I haven't seen any female character that bulky, especially when of human origins.

By the way, how strong is Jen these days? More than Thor? That would make sense with her vastly increased muscle mass.