Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

as you said there are so many villains why not use other villains. A Daredevil villain ad two X-men villains isn't just lame it's lazy
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    as you said there are so many villains why not use other villains. A Daredevil villain ad two X-men villains isn't just lame it's lazy
    Because The Kingpin, Blob, and Juggernaut would be an initial challenge for Jennifer because none of the 3 has ever worked together as a team. That's what would make them interesting in She-Hulk's world. Also, what would be a cool twist is for Jennifer to have her own Spiderverse event where she meets her cousin's counterpart who is The Amazing Spider-Man...

MCU doesn't have the rights to use Spider-Man outside of the next movie.

For a villain, I'd much rather see the Leader, which they could pull from the Incredible Hulk movie as he never really had a follow-up.

Then you could do Titania, Thrask, and Elephant Man (or whatever his name is these days).

Sony probably has the rights to Rhino back after the Spider-Man 3 movie too. Still, Rhino makes way more sense than Juggernaut. MCU hasn't even done the X-men yet, and it makes no sense to use Juggernaut for She-Hulk; besides, he's not someone who would take orders from Kingpin. He might take a payday, but he's not someone Kingpin could control.

Kingpin works far better as a Daredevil villain. He was okay as a Spider-Man villain, not great. But if Kingpin tried to go up against She-Hulk, he'd get curbed.

Blob is also a mutant I'd save for the X-men. There are dozens of other brick villains you could throw She-Hulks way. Better to use someone fresh.

I'd like to see her as her own hero. If they want to have Hulk in the show, fine but no need to throw in several other heroes until atleast season 2 or three.
    Last edited by Jabare; 12-19-2020 at 12:08 PM.
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

MCU doesn't have the rights to use Spider-Man outside of the next movie.

For a villain, I'd much rather see the Leader, which they could pull from the Incredible Hulk movie as he never really had a follow-up.

Then you could do Titania, Thrask, and Elephant Man (or whatever his name is these days).

Sony probably has the rights to Rhino back after the Spider-Man 3 movie too. Still, Rhino makes way more sense than Juggernaut. MCU hasn't even done the X-men yet, and it makes no sense to use Juggernaut for She-Hulk; besides, he's not someone who would take orders from Kingpin. He might take a payday, but he's not someone Kingpin could control.

Kingpin works far better as a Daredevil villain. He was okay as a Spider-Man villain, not great. But if Kingpin tried to go up against She-Hulk, he'd get curbed.

Blob is also a mutant I'd save for the X-men. There are dozens of other brick villains you could throw She-Hulks way. Better to use someone fresh.

I'd like to see her as her own hero. If they want to have Hulk in the show, fine but no need to throw in several other heroes until at least season 2 or three.
    I was referring to the comics side of Marvel Universe, which is a shared universe, unlike the movie/TV Show side. The publishing side to Marvel Universe should be allowed to mix things up because Sony doesn't own the publishing rights to Spider-Man, as far as I know. All of Marvel's supporting cast and rogues(of other titles) should rotate into other places, whereby the writer gets to do their own spin on the characters. I feel that Marvel's editorial departments should get together and talk about which of their respective characters that they are willing to loan up to each other for a story arc? This keeps things fresh. I would love to see Jennifer confront Hydro Man and Tigershark. On the flip side, I would love to see Spider-Man confront Abomination, The Leader and Molecule Man respectively.

As for the movie rights to Spider-Man, Disney should have acquired it before announcing to by Marvel Entertainment in 2009.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 12-19-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    As for the movie rights to Spider-Man, Disney should have acquired it before announcing to by Marvel Entertainment in 2009.
    Sony wasn't going to part with that, they needed Spider-man more than Disney did.

Sony is never going to give up their Marvel rights. They'd put out movies even if they stunk just to retain those rights. Spider-Man will forever be that evergreen cash cow
    The J-man

The show will be a half hour legal comedy.
    https://www.cbr.com/she-hulk-half-ho...comedy-series/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Sony is never going to give up their Marvel rights. They'd put out movies even if they stunk just to retain those rights. Spider-Man will forever be that evergreen cash cow
    Sony doesn't own the publication rights to Spider-Man, which are the comic books.

Jabare is talking about movies, not comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Should we expect fourth wall breaking?

Perfect for She-Hulk .

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Fine and good, but please give us at lease one good transformation sequence and plenty of smackdown.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Supergirl's Pal View Post
    Fine and good, but please give us at lease one good transformation sequence and plenty of smackdown.
    Jennifer reminds me of Caulifla

Yes, I was hoping for this. Looks like the series will be taking its cues from the old Sensational She-Hulk version rather than current She-Brute.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-22-2020 at 04:12 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Jennifer reminds me of Caulifla

She reminds me more so of Caulifla's & Kale's fusion Kefla when she loses control "hulking up" near the end of the fight. Kefla would have totally wreaked Goku if not for him unlocking Ultra Instinct.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."