Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just so long as said generation doesn't end up thinking his cousin was exactly like him, just with female characteristics...
    Which is the issue I take with the current representation of Jen that started when she became 'Hulk' and gray in her own book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Hulk fans have it the worst.

There's been more issues of a smart Hulk than the dumb 70s version and STILL that's the one comic writers want to write.. and poorly.
    Not gonna lie, dumb hulk was the only version I knew until I watched EMH and I was completely surprised that I heard him use a complete sentence.

Incredible Member

This is the She Hulk I want. Visibly big and strong but with her looks and personality. Still see no need for her to "control the beast" as she alludes to. Jennifer Walters shouldn't be a time bomb waiting to go off.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    This is the She Hulk I want. Visibly big and strong but with her looks and personality. Still see no need for her to "control the beast" as she alludes to. Jennifer Walters shouldn't be a time bomb waiting to go off.
    Was there an image here? I can't see it.

Just so long as said generation doesn't end up thinking his cousin was exactly like him, just with female characteristics...
    Aaron and the recent writing of Jen would sadly be the cause of that. Let’s just hope that the She-Hulk show doesn’t take from that or it’s pretty much guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Aaron and the recent writing of Jen would sadly be the cause of that. Let’s just hope that the She-Hulk show doesn’t take from that or it’s pretty much guaranteed.
    I doubt they will. They've already done "dumb Hulk."

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Which is the issue I take with the current representation of Jen that started when she became 'Hulk' and gray in her own book.
    Though Gray She-Hulk could speak in full sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Though Gray She-Hulk could speak in full sentences.
    I think Tamaki wrote her as being able to...sometimes?

Aaron definitely portrayed her as just your garden variety Savage Hulk which carried over to his Avengers. I guess it was also the first clue that he didn't like Jen's codename because he had Jane Foster insult it.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Aaron's Jen isn't gray though.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 07-18-2020 at 07:24 PM.

I think that was sort of established as a seperate persona, and the more current version simply showed up in Avengers.

Maybe the Thor fight was the Savage Hulk incarnation using the Grey's body? It's definetly something we've seen in the regular Hulk comics (With the Gray Hulk now using the Bruce Human form).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    Aaron's Jen isn't gray though.
    Aside from Hulk speak, it's not that different from the She-Hulk in that Thor issue.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I think Tamaki wrote her as being able to...sometimes?

Aaron definitely portrayed her as just your garden variety Savage Hulk which carried over to his Avengers. I guess it was also the first clue that he didn't like Jen's codename because he had Jane Foster insult it.
    That was especially an egregiously bad moment because Jen was rampaging out of control. Great move, Jane. Insult the person you're trying to help.

I recall Bendis had Riri do the same thing in an issue of Iron Man. Though, I can't help but feel Bendis has always had an issue with Jen since both times writing her, he tried to make her into savage hulk and ignored the fact that she isn't that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    That was especially an egregiously bad moment because Jen was rampaging out of control. Great move, Jane. Insult the person you're trying to help.

I recall Bendis had Riri do the same thing in an issue of Iron Man. Though, I can't help but feel Bendis has always had an issue with Jen since both times writing her, he tried to make her into savage hulk and ignored the fact that she isn't that.
    I've said it before...Bruce has multiple personalities due to the abuse as a child and repressing his emotions. Jen did not have that...she had a pretty stable and supportive upbringing...sure in She Hulk form she was a little more confident and outgoing...but that is to be expected. If any of us was in the position of gaining an amazing physique we would probably be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    And so much for female camaraderie on Jane's part by insulting the codename of another female hero.
    I think he's had issues with all the classic Avenger ladies save for Carol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I have been begging Jason Aaron(on his Twitter page) to include Peter Parker as a member of The Mighty Avengers. I want to see some interaction between Jennifer Walters and Peter Parker, which would lead to a story that would involve the Spider-Man version of Dr. Bruce Banner. Jennifer needs a friend who can motivate her cosmic legal studies in intergalactic law. Peter Parker is the man to make that happen.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-19-2020 at 09:27 PM.