Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    If Aaron didn't give her the Hulk's personality, she wouldn't come across as "ugly". Aaron doesn't give her a square jaw or facial hair or anything like that....
    That is false as Aaron gave us an issue where she literally described that being ugly is freedom with her actually wanting others to be afraid of her as they are with Bruce. He even needlessly removed the “She” from She-Hulk. Even without the hulk-speak, it’s pretty clear that Aaron is basically writing her in a way that is counter to her feminine and witty charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Jen's design looks great in Fortnite

A lot better than the way she currently looks in comics.
    Looking good , too bad she isn't the She-Hulk we currently have in the comics.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I personally prefer this design, the last time i saw her in the Avengers she literally looked like Akuma from Street Fighter, it's getting a bit silly at this point.

Astonishing Member

I mean marvel made this cannon so it is our shehulk

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That is false as Aaron gave us an issue where she literally described that being ugly is freedom with her actually wanting others to be afraid of her as they are with Bruce. He even needlessly removed the “She” from She-Hulk. Even without the hulk-speak, it’s pretty clear that Aaron is basically writing her in a way that is counter to her feminine and witty charm.
    So.... We're in agreement actually.... it's Aaron's take not her look per se.....

Part of me does not want She-Hulk to be announced for the Avengers game... if only because I was gonna put off getting it as long as possible, but if Jen really is a playable character then... I will have to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I mean marvel made this cannon so it is our shehulk
    As it is canon to the comics world, I do wonder where this Jen comes from... a past version, or perhaps a post-Immortal She-Hulk one?

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    So.... We're in agreement actually.... it's Aaron's take not her look per se.....
    I find it very telling that thus far production/media platform synergy (across cartoons and now this game) has defaulted to the classical Sensational She-Hulk type rather than embrace Aaron's current She-Brute interpretation. This would seem to indicate the company (and perhaps more likely Papa Disney) has no faith in Aaron's vision for Jen and once she is no longer under his creative umbrella she'll quickly revert.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-29-2020 at 03:17 PM.

I find it very telling that thus far production/media platform synergy (across cartoons and now this game) has defaulted to the classical Sensational She-Hulk type rather than embrace Aaron's current She-Brute interpretation. This would seem to indicate the company (and perhaps more likely Papa Disney) has no faith in Aaron's vision for Jen and once she is no longer under his creative umbrella she'll quickly revert.
    Honestly, it seems like a pretty wise move on their part. Sure they’re allowing Aaron to tell the story he’s trying to but I’m pretty sure that they’ve seen the backlash that the whole thing with her has gotten from the fans. It’s really no secret that quite a vocal part of the fandom don’t like it (whether it’s a minority or majority I lack the data to know) and as such are sticking with her more iconic form. Also, given that comic fans in general are a minority in their reach, they probably also figure that a casual person is more likely to recognize her that way over Aaron’s style.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh I hope so. Honestly, I feel you can get a lot more range out of classic She-Hulk than Aaron's She-Hulk.

I think the big test will be this upcoming Avengers game. That'll show the direction Marvel really wants with Jen. As great as Fortnite Jen is, her classic design lends a lot better to the Fortnite style than the current look does. The current design could work more with Avengers' art style. There we'll see what Marvel really wants I feel.

Extraordinary Member

I’m surprised most people don’t think Aaron’s version of Jen has an endgame in the story Aaron is telling.

Then she’ll be back.

It’s like some fans thought Doc Ock as Spidey, was going to be long term.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 08-29-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m surprised most people don’t think Aaron’s version of Jen has an endgame in the story Aaron is telling.

Then she’ll be back.

I’d like some fans thought Doc Ock as Spidey, was going to be long term.
    Thing is, at this point, I don't care what the end game is or isn't. She-Brute has X-Pac Heat with me. I find the character to be nothing more than a tired old "Hulk Smash" but with boobs trope. Jen deserves far better, so do we. I want this version of her to go away, never come back, and never be referenced again.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Then she’ll be back.

It’s like some fans thought Doc Ock as Spidey, was going to be long term.
    It’s not a matter of people not thinking that there’s some endgame to Aaron’s story. People here are savvy to comics and how status quo is God and that things will revert eventually. The problem is that we have literally no clue just how long Aaron’s run is even supposed to be and that, because of such a thing, Jen is essentially being held hostage by Aaron’s characterization of her with no sign of any of this going anywhere or anything to alleviate the problems people have coming along. When it comes to Jen, the last thing that anyone associates her with is a big dumb brute, yet that’s what we’re stuck with. Even with Aaron presenting Jen’s thoughts now, it doesn’t work due to the dissonance it creates between the thoughts and her speech.

Astonishing Member

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Jen's design looks great in Fortnite

A lot better than the way she currently looks in comics.
    That would make an excellent She-Hulk action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Aw, they're adorable. I must admit, Jen and Pete make a cute couple.