Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Why would it be undone? Admittedly I might, but Ewing's run has been pretty popular not sure why it would be retconned.

Tge issue was okay, but I think there was a bit of trouble blending the Immortal Hulk style with a more stable lead like Jen.
    It will not be undone, just like Mantlo's stuff hasn't been undone almost half a century later(in fact it was expended upon by some other writers like PAD and now further expanded by Ewing), just how PAD's run hasn't been undone, just how Paks run hasn't been undone, etc... Literally the only time i know of a Hulk run being actively undone was the Bruce Jones stuff and that's also because it was wildly unpopular among readers and other writers so PAD just came after and established that most of it was just a dream Nightmare put Hulk in. Other than that can anyone show me what has been undone from Hulk? Was Maestro scrapped away? No 30 years later the character even has his mini series and was even mentioned as Hulks CANONICAL future in History of the Marvel Universe. Was Planet Hulk/WWH undone? Nope it constantly gets referenced to this day. Even smaller and less popular runs have gotten their mentions like Doc Green and the fallout of that was referenced multiple times in Immortal Hulk as far as issue 34 were Leader merges with Gammon the rogue A.I that escaped Doc Green, the only way for something to be undone is for it to be very unpopular or forgettable or if God forbid someone like Bendis came along and started writing the Hulk(which luckily at this point is an impossibility), other than that Ewings legacy will be safe.

Now is it possible that 5 years from now Hulk will no longer be "immortal"? It's possible although highly unlikely considering Ewing painstakingly went back since Incredible Hulk #1 to establish Hulk was always immortal and even PAD himself has hinted at that idea back in the 90's and even in his current Maestro run not only did he reference the Immortal Hulk run by saying he used to be called "the Devil" he even outright said Hulk is still immortal, so other than that i can't imagine any writer even attempting to retcon/undo anything Al did. The run has been a huge critical and commercial success, I've seen a dozen writers from Marvel to DC praise it. Even writers that have expressed their desire to write a Hulk book some day like Scott Snyder, Donny Cates, Jeff Lemire, etc.. have said they loved what Ewing was doing even calling it one of the best books out there.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 09-27-2020 at 03:29 AM.

BANNED

Fork-Knife (Fortnite) brought me here...

Drawn in 2010 as part of the "fanart frenzy" collection.

Yep, She Hulk with... dreadlocks? (coloured in 2018)
    Last edited by Paul Muad'Dib; 09-30-2020 at 04:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It will not be undone, just like Mantlo's stuff hasn't been undone almost half a century later(in fact it was expended upon by some other writers like PAD and now further expanded by Ewing), just how PAD's run hasn't been undone, just how Paks run hasn't been undone, etc... Literally the only time i know of a Hulk run being actively undone was the Bruce Jones stuff and that's also because it was wildly unpopular among readers and other writers so PAD just came after and established that most of it was just a dream Nightmare put Hulk in. Other than that can anyone show me what has been undone from Hulk? Was Maestro scrapped away? No 30 years later the character even has his mini series and was even mentioned as Hulks CANONICAL future in History of the Marvel Universe. Was Planet Hulk/WWH undone? Nope it constantly gets referenced to this day. Even smaller and less popular runs have gotten their mentions like Doc Green and the fallout of that was referenced multiple times in Immortal Hulk as far as issue 34 were Leader merges with Gammon the rogue A.I that escaped Doc Green, the only way for something to be undone is for it to be very unpopular or forgettable or if God forbid someone like Bendis came along and started writing the Hulk(which luckily at this point is an impossibility), other than that Ewings legacy will be safe.

Now is it possible that 5 years from now Hulk will no longer be "immortal"? It's possible although highly unlikely considering Ewing painstakingly went back since Incredible Hulk #1 to establish Hulk was always immortal and even PAD himself has hinted at that idea back in the 90's and even in his current Maestro run not only did he reference the Immortal Hulk run by saying he used to be called "the Devil" he even outright said Hulk is still immortal, so other than that i can't imagine any writer even attempting to retcon/undo anything Al did. The run has been a huge critical and commercial success, I've seen a dozen writers from Marvel to DC praise it. Even writers that have expressed their desire to write a Hulk book some day like Scott Snyder, Donny Cates, Jeff Lemire, etc.. have said they loved what Ewing was doing even calling it one of the best books out there.
    The Hulk writer should really explore doing more stories involving She-Hulk and Spider-Hulk. It would make the stories interesting between them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The Hulk writer should really explore doing more stories involving She-Hulk and Spider-Hulk. It would make the stories interesting between them.
    I do agree with She-Hulk, but not sure why would they focus on Spider-Hulk? Who was a one-off thing, there is currently no Spider-Hulk running around anywhere. If anything they should bring back the extended Hulk family.

Astonishing Member

I do agree with She-Hulk, but not sure why would they focus on Spider-Hulk? Who was a one-off thing, there is currently no Spider-Hulk running around anywhere. If anything they should bring back the extended Hulk family.
    The interesting aspect about Jennifer is that she wants to confide with someone who knows what it's like to be a Hulk and was able to overcome the effects of gamma radiation. Peter Parker has gone through the experience. Thus, it might be one of the few things that Jennifer and Peter have in common, in addition to their keen intellectual talents. I could actually see Jennifer and Peter working on a legal case to help her prepare for her Cosmic Legal examination to become a practicing Intergalactic Attorney. They would also make for good sparing partners like this clip would suggest:

All-New Member

If the leader has "changed the lock" to the Green Door, doesn't that mean none of them are Immortal anymore? I can't see why he'd close it off just for Jen and not the others.

All-New Member

I'm tired of major stuff happening off-panel to She-Hulk, only to be picked up inconsistently if at all years later. When you're writing a 10+-issue crossover, killing someone should get more than a damn mention. It's not like they didn't have the space. Civil War 2's treatment was ridiculous and Empyre's was worse. It's a low-key fridging IMO.

Also, why isn't Jen shown to have a running beef with Tony the way Carol is? Carol and Tony had a disagreement. Tony stripped She-Hulk of her powers against her will.

All-New Member

My biggest issue with the stuff they're doing with her is she's getting so little screen time and they're not actually EXPLORING these changes. Like, from the thought bubbles we see her thinking very clearly when she's in Hulk form but she can't actually get the words out. But it's not at all clear that the other Avengers know that about her. They just think she's dumb as Hulk because she speaks poorly.
    She's absorbed far more gamma radiation at this point than she had when she first became She-Hulk, and Bruce's initial exposure was a bomb, so her being much weaker at the start of her career and much bigger now is understandable. At this point she should basically be as strong as Bruce, but since she's not as, well, crazy, she can't get as ramped up as he does by anger. That aspect was implied way back in the Abominations miniseries when Emil was recalling how Jen had absorbed more gamma, fought the Maestro, and almost won. I would even make the case that right now, Jen having been trained to fight by Captain America should be able to take Bruce out with her skill, if she had the element of surprise and he didn't have time to rage up.

Quote Originally Posted by Loner View Post
    Also, why isn't Jen shown to have a running beef with Tony the way Carol is? Carol and Tony had a disagreement. Tony stripped She-Hulk of her powers against her will.
    That was so long ago. Tony doesn't even remember doing it.

Astonishing Member

I'm tired of major stuff happening off-panel to She-Hulk, only to be picked up inconsistently if at all years later. When you're writing a 10+-issue crossover, killing someone should get more than a damn mention. It's not like they didn't have the space. Civil War 2's treatment was ridiculous and Empyre's was worse. It's a low-key fridging IMO.
    While I certainly understand the sentiment, I have to disagree when it comes to what happened in EMPYRE. The off-panel nature of it was necessary for the story, since it was meant to be a surprise reveal with her being exposed as the Cotati's mole in their ranks. But it they still dealt with it--and her resurrection--in the main event and then afterwards dedicated an entire one-shot to what happened to Jen, the impact it had on her and what it means for her going forward. I think they played fair in terms of giving her situation the attention and panel space it deserved.

Jen and Tony also made peace a while back. It started back in Peter David's SHE-HULK run when he showed up to help her out, and gave her an apology. She was still angry, but it was the starting point for her gradually forgiving him.

Astonishing Member

Do you guys feel that Jennifer Walters is a lot that Velma Dinkley?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

CBR: Every She-Hulk Costume, Ranked
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-she-hulk-...ostume-ranked/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I would've put the current one at the bottom. It's so ugly and doesn't feel like it fits in at all with the angle of what Aaron is trying to do nor does it look like it would work in the way everyone says it does. The previous costume before this one I would rank much higher since it fits better with the current status quo and works well as a bruiser style outfit for She-Hulk in general. It works like the Red She-Hulk outfit does.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Do you guys feel that Jennifer Walters is a lot that Velma Dinkley?

No. No I do not.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'll always like the white and purple leotard .