Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

still, hope for Gabi Garcia to portray the Hulked out She-Hulk?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    still, hope for Gabi Garcia to portray the Hulked out She-Hulk?
    I'm surprised people are still expecting the She-Hulk form to be anything but CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised people are still expecting the She-Hulk form to be anything but CGI.
    given Disney's current state you'd think they'd want to save money
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    given Disney's current state you'd think they'd want to save money
    Considering how much money they are putting into these series, I think people would give them a lot of flack for penny pinching in this instance.

Astonishing Member

Considering how much money they are putting into these series, I think people would give them a lot of flack for penny pinching in this instance.
    Exactly. If cash flow is a concern right now, they'd be better off the put the project on hiatus until they have the money to do it right--rather than put out a version that is below the standard that the audience has come to expect with the big screen Hulk. Do it right, or don't bother at this point.

Probably, but most of the initial planning didn't account for Covid-19 and there are many more layoffs on the horizon for Disney and ESPN. So unless they didn't have a pre-established timeline for this show, it might be prudent to delay or rethink it. Even if the plan is to use CGI for She-Hulk, I can't imagine it will be on par with the theatrical Hulk VFX. If it is, those scenes will be sparse, and the show will be focusing more on normal Jen. I know Disney says they're investing heavily in those shows, but when it comes down to it, those can be back breakings costs for a television show. Ghost Rider on Agents of Shield was pretty pricey, and that's a far easier/less detailed VFX than what they'd need to do for She-Hulk. If they go full CGI, I don't want Jen to look like Proxima Midnight or the final battle from Black Panther. I'd like her to be as detailed as Hulk in the Age of Ultron. In that sense, I'm okay with them using a combination of a real person with VFX touches. Even top-tier shows like Game of Thrones have to scale things back because of ballooning budgets. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'd like to see more big Green in this show, but if she's entirely VFX that's unrealistic. You'll get her in spots throughout episodes and maybe not even in every episode. We'll get much more regular Jen.

Disney+ is a primary focus for the company right now, and outside of the blockbuster movies they've had to unload on the service, its doing very well (especially when you compare it to Quibi, Peacock, and HBO Max).

The show likely won't get off the ground till 2021 or 2022, so maybe things will be in better shape by then. If anyone can figure things out Disney can, but we can't ignore the company is hemorrhaging right now, and most of the people let go can't find other opportunities in the same profession.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Do you guys think she'll go back to her old She Hulk ways soon? With the show coming out I'm hopeful that she'll be herself again. I've tried reading her like how she is now, but it just bothers me haha.
    I really really hope so. I think they will put her back to normal and bring out a new She-Hulk book just before her show starts for the synergy and marketability.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    I really really hope so. I think they will put her back to normal and bring out a new She-Hulk book just before her show starts for the synergy and marketability.
    I also hope this happens. Free Jen for the tyranny of Aaron's obsession with She-Brute.*crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

I do wonder how the show will handle Jen's transformation sequences. I can understand that budget and the episode's running time will prevent a long gradual sequence, but I hope they do not have Jen transform into She-Hulk with just a burst of green light.

All-New Member

Attachment 102344
    Anyone have any idea who drew this panel and/or what title or issue it appears in? Can’t figure it out for the life of me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Griffinxi; 11-15-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinxi View Post
    Anyone have any idea who drew this panel and/or what title or issue it appears in? Can’t figure it out for the life of me.
    Deadpool (2008) #40. See the preview on Comixology, that panel is there.

https://www.comixology.com/Deadpool-...al-comic/31311
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Deadpool (2008) #40. See the preview on Comixology, that panel is there.

https://www.comixology.com/Deadpool-...al-comic/31311
    Awesome, thanks kindly! Never in a million years would I have thought to look in Deadpool for it.
    Last edited by Griffinxi; 11-15-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Why would it be undone? Admittedly I might, but Ewing's run has been pretty popular not sure why it would be retconned.

Tge issue was okay, but I think there was a bit of trouble blending the Immortal Hulk style with a more stable lead like Jen.
    I originally thought it was an Empyre tie-in, but it wasn’t, so the idea Hulks are not Immortal seemed like it would be retconned later.

She-Hulk by Eugene Bornyakov