Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    The only end for the Hulk is tragedy. Without tragedy he's just a big green guy.
    Says who? This is an arbitrary rule.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You seriously think it's going to last forever? Again, adaptations aren't comics.
    No but it's not gonna end any time soon either. And even when it does "end", it's only a matter of time before it's all rebooted again.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Says who? This is an arbitrary rule.
    Because that's what makes the character unique, his raison d'etre, the draw, the dang sales pitch for the character.

It's what separates him from an endless parade of big, tough (but not really) guys who exist to be the "muscle" on a team, a term here that means to lift heavy things, do what they're told, and getting beaten down to show how dangerous the bad guys are.

A horrible state of existence that guts like Collusus and the Thing have been stuck in since the 90s.

I'd rather the Hulk punch the Avenger's in the face and tell them where to stick it than become their domesticated pet, even if it means he's an outcast forever. And I'd rather Bruce be dead than a lobotomized, castrated shell of himself to prop up Jen's show, the McMurphy to her Nurse Ratched.

Incredible Member

Hulk Fans are the funniest Fans....

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    if comics cant end why cant adaptations
    Because actors get old and unlike comics these are gigantic productions with a lot of moving parts. We are very lucky to have these shows and be able to enjoy them at this particular period in history but at some point the people working in front and behind the scenes will get old, the old guards will retire, new people will take over, shifts in culture and politics will impact these shows. We have already seen delays thanks to Covid. We should enjoy it while it lasts.

Because that's what makes the character unique, his raison d'etre, the draw, the dang sales pitch for the character.

It's what separates him from an endless parade of big, tough (but not really) guys who exist to be the "muscle" on a team, a term here that means to lift heavy things, do what they're told, and getting beaten down to show how dangerous the bad guys are.

A horrible state of existence that guts like Collusus and the Thing have been stuck in since the 90s.

I'd rather the Hulk punch the Avenger's in the face and tell them where to stick it than become their domesticated pet, even if it means he's an outcast forever. And I'd rather Bruce be dead than a lobotomized, castrated shell of himself to prop up Jen's show, the McMurphy to her Nurse Ratched.
    Guaranteed downer endings are just as bad as guaranteed happy endings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The show's being promoted as a comedy, so I don't think derivative vs. derivative would be an issue, especially since Abominatrix is such a ridiculous character.

Man-Elephant is meh, but we definitely need some Savage stuff in the show. Ultima, Zapper, Nick Trask... take your pick.
    I want my Titania fight .

Spectacular Member

A lot of PAD's run on Hulk was not about tragedy. At times it was almost a downright humor book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So do I. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, me too. But I am over those 1or 2 panel fights where She-Hulk easily bests Titania. Titania is one of the strongest female characters and perhaps the strongest female villain. Titania can lift 100 tons (at least) and the fight should be a good one with Titania sometimes winning too. It is dull and boring when Jen 1-shots Titania.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 12-12-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Feige saying she's 6'7+ also basically confirms she'll be CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah, I think that's a reasonable assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    hm nice.

I expected her to be huge.
    Last edited by GodThor; 12-12-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    That's not gonna go over well, a derivative superhero fighting a derivative supervillain. If Marvel can upgrade one of Jen's admittedly goofy original rogues from her Savage run, it would be interesting. Man-Elephant was kinda played for laughs, but make him a real threat (similar but not the same as Behemoth) and his trunk and detachable tusks would be a serious challenge.
    She-Hulk vs Stunner would be a good move, as well as She-Hulk vs The Kingpin....

How the heck would She-Hulk vs. Kingpin be good?