Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I hope you've all read issue 1 by now, as CBR just posted an article that spoils the ending in the url.
    Aggravating, but not surprising.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I'd expect the current status quo of them attending Coles Academic and Brooklyn Visions to remain for the remainder of Saladin Ahmed's runs on the two. Maybe they'd both end with high school graduation?
    I would be okay with that. I just feel like characters stuck in high school have a hard time growing as characters.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Some of those signs are very much on point with what's been showing up in real-world protests.

Amka's hair looks longer than usual. A visual indicator of how long she's been held in that institution?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I'm sure these kids will be totally receptive to what you have to say when you treat them like criminals, right down to wearing jumpsuits.

I'm guessing the girl in the third panel is Bombshell?

I assumed those bracelets shut down their powers, but it doesn't seem to work on Amka since they pop out.

Is that girl in the bun supposed to be somebody?

I wonder if it's a coincidence that this lady seems to have green hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure these kids will be totally receptive to what you have to say when you treat them like criminals, right down to wearing jumpsuits.

I'm guessing the girl in the third panel is Bombshell?

I assumed those bracelets shut down their powers, but it doesn't seem to work on Amka since they pop out.

Is that girl in the bun supposed to be somebody?

I wonder if it's a coincidence that this lady seems to have green hair.
    Green hair? I didn't notice that.

It looks blue at first, but the last panel definitely looks like it's green. But I can only think of five green haired Marvel characters (not counting Hulks) - Viv, Pinpoint, Doc Samson, Polaris, and Abigail Brand. And this doesn't match any of them.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It looks blue at first, but the last panel definitely looks like it's green. But I can only think of five green haired Marvel characters (not counting Hulks) - Viv, Pinpoint, Doc Samson, Polaris, and Abigail Brand. And this doesn't match any of them.
    Could be a new character that happens to have greenish-teal hair.

Extraordinary Member

Doesn’t the female Scorpion have green hair.

The one that’s the daughter of Monica Rappaccini and supposedly Bruce Banner.

Carmilla Black.

You're right, I fogot her (she's the one who replaced Anya Corazon as the star of Amazing Fantasy vol 2 when she got her own book) but her powers rule her out - she has the ability to temporarily depower supers (she's internalised the SPIN tech used in the Super Human Registration Act era), which would prevent what Snowguard does in that preview.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Carmi...ck_(Earth-616)

You're right, I fogot her (she's the one who replaced Anya Corazon as the star of Amazing Fantasy vol 2 when she got her own book) but her powers rule her out - she has the ability to temporarily depower supers (she's internalised the SPIN tech used in the Super Human Registration Act era), which would prevent what Snowguard does in that preview.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Carmi...ck_(Earth-616)
    Hmm, interesting. Considering Anya Corazon should be on the older side of her teens at this point . . . and maybe throwing in Carmilla as a rival . . .

Extraordinary Member

After Nadia Pym came into the comics.

I wanted to see Carmilla as a rival to her.

Both daughters of original Avengers. Both taken in by organizations like the Red Room and AIM. Wasp vs scorpions thing. Both have Scientist Supreme parents.

And in Nadia’s first issue, she gave a humiliating defeat to Carmilla’s mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    After Nadia Pym came into the comics.

I wanted to see Carmilla as a rival to her.

Both daughters of original Avengers. Both taken in by organizations like the Red Room and AIM. Wasp vs scorpions thing. Both have Scientist Supreme parents.

And in Nadia’s first issue, she gave a humiliating defeat to Carmilla’s mother.
    I like that idea as well. Would be a great one. I was thinking Anya vs. Carmilla as an outgrowth of Spider vs. Scorpion, but your idea is even better, as it has more parallels and contrasts between Nadia and Carmilla.

Here's the solicit for issue #4

Guest-Starring CYCLOPS and the MARAUDERS!

Avast, ye! CHAMPIONS ON THE HIGH SEAS! NOVA, IRONHEART, MILES and MS. MARVEL have narrowly escaped C.R.A.D.L.E. for now with the help of their old teammate, but it’s out of the frying pan and into the…ocean..