Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Sam got mentioned in Guardians of the Galaxy #1. Richard Rider says that the Nova Corps are down to him and Sam (they were destroyed in the previous run). And refuses to call Sam as he's "lost one kid brother already". Aw!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sam got mentioned in Guardians of the Galaxy #1. Richard Rider says that the Nova Corps are down to him and Sam (they were destroyed in the previous run). And refuses to call Sam as he's "lost one kid brother already". Aw!
    Sam could have saved himself a lot of headache in Champions if he had just gone to Rich about his helmet getting taken away.

Not sure I'm going to miss movie synergy Nova Corps.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Viv appeared in Voices
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Champions related solicits for May 2020:

CHAMPIONS #2
    EVE L. EWING (W) • SIMONE DI MEO (A)
    Cover by TONI INFANTE
    VARIANT COVER BY MEGHAN HETRICK
    DARK MARVEL VARIANT COVER BY JAVIER GARRÓN
    When clashing protests over the teen vigilante ban break out across Chicago, the Champions risk their freedom to protect the young protestors from overzealous C.R.A.D.L.E. agents — but Chicago’s own hometown hero, Ironheart, is nowhere to be seen.
    Where is Riri Williams? Why has she abandoned the Champions? And could it have anything to do with the mole in their ranks…?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AVENGERS OF THE WASTELANDS #5 (OF 5)
    ED BRISSON (W) • JONAS SCHARF (A)
    Cover by JUAN JOSé RYP
    Variant Cover by Todd Nauck
    THE FINAL SHOWDOWN ON DOOM’S DOORSTEP!
    The so-called AVENGERS make their stand.
    The scheme of DR. DOOM is revealed.
    The final betrayal.
    The fate of the Wastelands is determined here!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MAGNIFICENT MS. MARVEL #15
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • MINKYU JUNG (A) Cover by EDUARD PETROVICH
    The anti-teen-hero task force, C.R.A.D.L.E., is scouring Jersey City to apprehend its young protector, Ms. Marvel.
    But C.R.A.D.L.E. isn’t the only problem on Kamala’s plate – several of her family members support the new law, and if they discover her secret identity, it’s game over for Ms. Marvel.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MILES MORALES: SPIDER–MAN #18
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • CARMEN CARNERO (A)
    COVER BY JAVIER GARRÓN
    DARK MARVEL VARIANT COVER BY LEE GARBETT
    BABY MORALES VARIANT COVER BY RAHZZAH
    Ganke. Barbara. Judge. Lana. Mr. Sumida. Rio. Jeff.
    Miles knows he has to help people as Spider-Man, so he’s ready to live as an outlaw.
    But is he ready to do it without the support of someone he loves? Who’s with Miles, who’s against him, and who’s side are YOU on?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

2020 IRONHEART #2 (OF 2)
    Vita Ayala & Danny Lore (W)
    David Messina (A)
    Cover by WOO-CHUL LEE
    Variant Cover by SKAN
    It’s Riri Williams vs. Ironheart as Riri’s trusty A.I. companion seizes control of her armor!
    Can Riri get through to N.A.T.A.L.I.E. in time to stop her from making a terrible mistake? Or is Riri about to lose one of her only friends?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

So Riri sells the team out? That's definitely what the covers are indicating, although Ewing wrote her solo so I bet it's more complicated then that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Riri sells the team out? That's definitely what the covers are indicating, although Ewing wrote her solo so I bet it's more complicated then that.
    Im hoping thats just a blantant red herring. She could just be one of the heroes stepping down from active duty, hell she could still be helping out the team outside of being a hero.

Extraordinary Member

Is that supposed to be Dust on that cover?

No, Dust would have her mouth covered in public. The only Champs shown there are Kamala, Miles, Sam, Riri and Snowguard.

And I wonder if that 2020 issue is related to what's happening in Champions. Makes sense that Ironheart would disappear if Riri can't control her suit because the AI went rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Im hoping thats just a blantant red herring. She could just be one of the heroes stepping down from active duty, hell she could still be helping out the team outside of being a hero.
    That's true. Even if she doesn't suit up, she'll still be useful as a mechanic. Though I do think the Bunker's going to become a liability.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-20-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I think that could be the case. She'd kind of have to because her identity is public so she can't just be Ironheart anymore. It's why I'm worried about Nadia.

Although apparently, going by the Power Pack and New Warrior solicits, you can get around the law by having an adult hero mentor. Which begs the question of how this is an issue for some of the teen heroes since they ostensibly have adult mentors.

And that applies to most of the Champions.

Kamala - Carol Danvers
    Miles - Peter Parker
    Sam - Richard Rider
    Viv - her father
    Amadeus - Bruce Banner and Hercules
    Riri - Tony Stark
    Nadia - Janet Van Dyne
    Snowguard - Alpha Flight? It'd make sense for Amka to link up with Snowbird, whose powers are almost identical.
    Falcon and Patriot - Sam Wilson
    Dust - Emma Frost and Cyclops (they were the headteachers when Sooraya enrolled at the Xavier School, and she was one of Emma's Hellions in Academy X)

The only ones from Zub's final roster with no obvious mentor are Power Man, Pinpoint, Bombshell, and Locust.

And that applies to most of the Champions.

Kamala - Carol Danvers
    Miles - Peter Parker
    Sam - Richard Rider
    Viv - her father
    Amadeus - Bruce Banner and Hercules
    Riri - Tony Stark
    Nadia - Janet Van Dyne
    Snowguard - Alpha Flight? It'd make sense for Amka to link up with Snowbird, whose powers are almost identical.
    Falcon and Patriot - Sam Wilson
    Dust - Emma Frost and Cyclops (they were the headteachers when Sooraya enrolled at the Xavier School, and she was one of Emma's Hellions in Academy X)

The only ones from Zub's final roster with no obvious mentor are Power Man, Pinpoint, Bombshell, and Locust.
    Power Man had Luke and Danny, although I think Danny was more of an "official" mentor even if he and Victor haven't interacted on-panel in years.

That's why I didn't count them. Have they interacted at all since Victor's introductory Power Man and Iron Fist series?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The thing about the Champions is that even if most of the members have individual mentors, would the team really be on board with the idea that the entire group is only allowed to operate if there's an adult watching their every move? Wouldn't that betray the purpose of why they founded the Champions in the first place, which was a way to step out of the shadow of the adult heroes? It's one thing to have mentors when you need them, but with the law, it's not just an option, it's a legal obligation everyone has to follow, limiting their freedom as heroes. I imagine that's what they're protesting.