Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's why I didn't count them. Have they interacted at all since Victor's introductory Power Man and Iron Fist series?
    They had their own series together afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The thing about the Champions is that even if most of the members have individual mentors, would the team really be on board with the idea that the entire group is only allowed to operate if there's an adult watching their every move? Wouldn't that betray the purpose of why they founded the Champions in the first place, which was a way to step out of the shadow of the adult heroes? It's one thing to have mentors when you need them, but with the law, it's not just an option, it's a legal obligation everyone has to follow, limiting their freedom as heroes. I imagine that's what they're protesting.
    To be honest, even if I get the Champions' perspective, I think it makes sense to have an adult figure involved in nurturing and helping burgeoning teen heroes so they're not just doing all this without supervision or on their own.

I mean, obviously in-universe it's probably going to be framed as wrong because these kids are independent and get by fine without any major adult figure telling them what to do...but on-paper having kids involved with Superheroics getting guidance, even if it's mandatory, doesn't seem like the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They had their own series together afterwards.

To be honest, even if I get the Champions' perspective, I think it makes sense to have an adult figure involved in nurturing and helping burgeoning teen heroes so they're not just doing all this without supervision or on their own.

I mean, obviously in-universe it's probably going to be framed as wrong because these kids are independent and get by fine without any major adult figure telling them what to do...but on-paper having kids involved with Superheroics getting guidance, even if it's mandatory, doesn't seem like the end of the world.
    My best guess going off the previews we've seen from Outlawed #1, the Champions might actually be getting some "under the table" help from, Captain America and possibly even, Captain Marvel. The way Steve went off on the senators about how he's against denying teen super-heroes to save lives and help innocents may have triggered some pre-super soldier serum flashbacks for him. So I can totally see him helping the team behind the scenes in some form or another. Maybe offering to give them secret hideouts or tipping them off when C.R.A.D.L.E.'s devising a plan to ambush or capture them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    My best guess going off the previews we've seen from Outlawed #1, the Champions might actually be getting some "under the table" help from, Captain America and possibly even, Captain Marvel. The way Steve went off on the senators about how he's against denying teen super-heroes to save lives and help innocents may have triggered some pre-super soldier serum flashbacks for him. So I can totally see him helping the team behind the scenes in some form or another. Maybe offering to give them secret hideouts or tipping them off when C.R.A.D.L.E.'s devising a plan to ambush or capture them.
    Could be. I am kind of curious how the adult heroes will be involved in this event.

Incredible Member

Outlawed variants so far, with a new one featuring Miles Kamala and Riri

https://www.newsarama.com/49185-marv...covers.html#s4

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post

Got them all except for the Cory Smith one. The Ana Rud one was an absolute must get for my collection and only by sheer luck was I able to snag the last one for pre-order on my usual comic shop site.

By the way, Simone Di Meo has been posting some B&W panels on his instergram of a new character that's going to appear in the book he has for now labeled "Creepy Girl". Do you guys think this is going to be the new Big Bad for the team going forward?

Also, it dawns on me that despite the rise in teen heroes at Marvel over the years I can't really think up of many teen villains other than The Freelancers, The Technogolem, and Discord and Lockdown. Am I forgetting anybody?

Extraordinary Member

Dear God, her bottom lip!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post

I'm hoping for some mugshot covers eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Got them all except for the Cory Smith one. The Ana Rud one was an absolute must get for my collection and only by sheer luck was I able to snag the last one for pre-order on my usual comic shop site.

By the way, Simone Di Meo has been posting some B&W panels on his instergram of a new character that's going to appear in the book he has for now labeled "Creepy Girl". Do you guys think this is going to be the new Big Bad for the team going forward?

I wonder if she's an agent of CRADLE or some new threat or enigmatic figure in the book. She looks kind of young.

Looking at other images on the Instagram, it looks like she's lecturing to a class?
    Also, it dawns on me that despite the rise in teen heroes at Marvel over the years I can't really think up of many teen villains other than The Freelancers, The Technogolem, and Discord and Lockdown. Am I forgetting anybody?
    The Young Masters of Evil were a thing. Alex Wilder I guess counts?

I know in Unstoppable Wasp's second volume they introduced a few young science girls working with AIM but they all pretty much became good at the end.

Yeah, though the Young Masters are Young Avengers villains and Wilder is Runaways. The Freelancers, Technogolem, Discord and Lockdown all belong to the Champions or individual members of the team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Yeah, though the Young Masters are Young Avengers villains and Wilder is Runaways. The Freelancers, Technogolem, Discord and Lockdown all belong to the Champions or individual members of the team.
    The Young Masters are not just YA villains, though. The original team was, but they had two other line-ups after that. One during Vengeance, where they went up against the Teen Brigade, and another during Avengers Undercover, where they went up against some of the Avengers Arena kids. If I remember correctly, Alex Wilder was even a part of the last roster of the team.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-26-2020 at 01:29 AM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

A preview teaser popped up for Champions #1. After Ms. Marvel's speech goes live, a fight ends up breaking out in Miles' class over whether the law is justified or not.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    A preview teaser popped up for Champions #1. After Ms. Marvel's speech goes live, a fight ends up breaking out in Miles' class over whether the law is justified or not.
    These previews have me wondering if the whole comic will be mainly in Black And White with some minimalist coloring. Would be pretty interesting if that was the case.

No. They've just done lettering before colouring for some reason.

Ouch!spoilers:
    Miles has become the victim of a sting operation!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-26-2020 at 02:34 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

No. They've just done lettering before colouring for some reason.

Ouch!spoilers:
    Miles has become the victim of a sting operation!
    end of spoilers
    Given everything that happened at this school

spoilers:
    It'd make sense that he'd be one of the first targets since the public now knows that Spider-Man has some type of connection with Visions.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Kamala’s speech feels very “kids vs adults.”

Kamala still can’t let Civil War II go. I get it was central to the teams founding, but she acts like she was personally there when every major Marvel event was the heroes fighting each other. They’ve been much better about it lately.

Kamala says they’ll be “The Outlaw Generation” but I’m curious to see the story approach those young heroes who don’t want to be outlaws. Kids love rebels, but not necessarily if it means becoming criminals. And some solicits indicate those who are willing to work with the new system (at least initially).

Kamala didn’t run this by the team even if they share the sentiment. Sounds like she’s really being gung-ho about fighting this law that has her face attached to it. Hopefully not at the expense of her team.

So the Champions get blamed for the Coles Disaster? Now I’m really curious what happened.

A CRADLE Youth League? That would definitely give Kamala some bad Civil War II flashbacks.

So they’re using the same tactics as the cape killers. This really is Civil War for kids.

Extraordinary Member

To be fair to Kamala, I think a lot of us would take this very personally if they got attached to something like this and had no control over their image.