Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I'm guessing a breakout happens to free Nadia and Amka and maybe some of the other members, and Cho finally comes back from his sabbatical.

No "Final Issue" or anything so I'm guessing this isn't a mini anymore.
    The issue is some books rarely say it's the finale anymore unless it's a big seller.

The fact the Outlawed stuff is kinda just dying on the vine, makes me wonder if this series is just moving away from that, or the book ends here and we're getting another relaunch after or the biggest elephant in the room, it becoming Young Avengers.

Outlawed definitely ends there, whatever happens. If they get Amka and Nadia back in issue 4, that means CRADLE's prison was probably exposed, and the truth coming out about the re-education camps will be a hammer blow for Kamala's Law supporters. Power Pack #4 no longer seems to be an Outlawed tie-in, instead it's a Wolverine team-up. Champions #5 doesn't have Outlawed branding either, you'll notice. Previous issues did. Miles's book already moved on, and Kamala's book has already shooed out Dum Dum Dugan (before ending), so he should vanish from the narrative. New Warriors can definitely now be declared dead.

Even if the Champions were to be absorbed into the Young Avengers, I think it's too soon for that. Might happen if Kamala and Riri end up on that team in the MCU, but that won't be for a couple of years yet, as they just announced a bunch of shows, and not YA, so it's at least two years away, assuming they announce it near the end of next year.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-23-2020 at 06:19 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    The issue is some books rarely say it's the finale anymore unless it's a big seller.

The fact the Outlawed stuff is kinda just dying on the vine, makes me wonder if this series is just moving away from that, or the book ends here and we're getting another relaunch after or the biggest elephant in the room, it becoming Young Avengers.
    Kind of a shame, though, as so far it's been the best, most nuanced take on the familiar government plot to restrict and regulate, if not flat-out criminalize, costumed super-heroics. However, I'd guess, as might have been alluded to in Champions #3, people think they don't have to care so much since it only affects the "kid/teen heroes," most of whom are newer and/or more minor characters in the grand scheme of the Marvel Universe, especially while King in Black is happening now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

And Miles and Kamala are involved in that event, she gets taken over, so Miles has to fight her in his book.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And Miles and Kamala are involved in that event, she gets taken over, so Miles has to fight her in his book.
    Yeah, that's gonna be pretty scarring for both of them, I'm certain.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

That reminds me, one of the little nuggets that bugged me when Ahmed made Miles say he couldn't even spare a thought for Kamala when she was in hospital, that did not sound like something Miles would say in regards to Kamala, especially if you've been reading since Bendis and that goes DOUBLE when you add Champions in there as well. Hopefully Miles' next couple issues fall more in line with how he has been shown to feel about her(even if he no longer has affection for her, you don't go "i like this girl" to "she in the hospital oh well"in yhe blink of an eye, NOT AFTER THAT DEAL YOU MADE FOR HER. MILES.

Okay, im done.

He's not going "oh well". In showbiz, they say the show must go on. In the UK during World War II, a popular slogan, nowadays often amended on merchandise, is Keep Calm And Carry On. That's what he's doing. He can't do anything about her being in hospital, so he carries on with his life. He did visit her and was even there when she woke up, though she had to tell him to leave as his presence there could've outed her secret identity (she only knows him because they're both superheroes).

Incredible Member

He's not going "oh well". In showbiz, they say the show must go on. In the UK during World War II, a popular slogan, nowadays often amended on merchandise, is Keep Calm And Carry On. That's what he's doing. He can't do anything about her being in hospital, so he carries on with his life. He did visit her and was even there when she woke up, though she had to tell him to leave as his presence there could've outed her secret identity (she only knows him because they're both superheroes).
    Does him saying "im so used to seeing her beat up i can barely spare a thought for her" sound like the same guy who ran time back to return her to life? Im not saying Ahmed had to write Miles rushing to her bedside asap or do anything to quicken her recovery. But that small little blurb does not ring right coming from Miles referring to Kamala, thats something he'd say about i don't know, Pinpoint or something.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

The context of the scene was Miles shocked by his own numbness that he didn't freak out more that Kamala got hospitalized because of the fight because he was starting to get used to it, and how it really shouldn't be normal.

The fact that in Kamala's own book, he did in fact go visit her in the hospital shows that he wasn't handwaving it all off.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Outlawed definitely ends there, whatever happens. If they get Amka and Nadia back in issue 4, that means CRADLE's prison was probably exposed, and the truth coming out about the re-education camps will be a hammer blow for Kamala's Law supporters. Power Pack #4 no longer seems to be an Outlawed tie-in, instead it's a Wolverine team-up. Champions #5 doesn't have Outlawed branding either, you'll notice. Previous issues did. Miles's book already moved on, and Kamala's book has already shooed out Dum Dum Dugan (before ending), so he should vanish from the narrative. New Warriors can definitely now be declared dead.
    Another evidence Outlawed is done: the trade for the current run is already out for pre-order and it collects six issues, but instead of listing a #6, it lists #1-5, with the sixth issue being the Outlawed one-shot from March. I definitely get the feeling the event is being cut short. If we get a #6, it's probably going to be a whole new arc.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The context of the scene was Miles shocked by his own numbness that he didn't freak out more that Kamala got hospitalized because of the fight because he was starting to get used to it, and how it really shouldn't be normal.

The fact that in Kamala's own book, he did in fact go visit her in the hospital shows that he wasn't handwaving it all off.
    And Kamala's book is by the same writer, remember.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

I would then ask when exactly did he get "used" to it? Outlawed was not that long after Zub's Champion's run, and its not like Miles has since been "hardened" by any recent event that can be pointed to where I can say "THATS" the moment he was desensitized or that has informed his character since then. Heck the last time a girl he cared about wound up in a hospital he waltzed right up to the guy who did it just for the sole reason of kicking the guy's ass.

Again its not a huge deal, i just think that little blurb should have been written differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Another evidence Outlawed is done: the trade for the current run is already out for pre-order and it collects six issues, but instead of listing a #6, it lists #1-5, with the sixth issue being the Outlawed one-shot from March. I definitely get the feeling the event is being cut short. If we get a #6, it's probably going to be a whole new arc.
    I can't find any preview or solicit to the trade of the current run you're talking about. Could you provide a link for us please?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I can't find any preview or solicit to the trade of the current run you're talking about. Could you provide a link for us please?
    https://www.amazon.com/Champions-KIm...1V9VE&dchild=1

They better not just accept Bombshell back with open arms after what she did that was just disgraceful from her.