Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kamala’s speech feels very “kids vs adults.”

Kamala still can’t let Civil War II go. I get it was central to the teams founding, but she acts like she was personally there when every major Marvel event was the heroes fighting each other. They’ve been much better about it lately.

Kamala says they’ll be “The Outlaw Generation” but I’m curious to see the story approach those young heroes who don’t want to be outlaws. Kids love rebels, but not necessarily if it means becoming criminals. And some solicits indicate those who are willing to work with the new system (at least initially).

Kamala didn’t run this by the team even if they share the sentiment. Sounds like she’s really being gung-ho about fighting this law that has her face attached to it. Hopefully not at the expense of her team.

So the Champions get blamed for the Coles Disaster? Now I’m really curious what happened.

A CRADLE Youth League? That would definitely give Kamala some bad Civil War II flashbacks.

So they’re using the same tactics as the cape killers. This really is Civil War for kids.
    We know something happened to Viv, Vision is asked about her in the Outlawed preview and she's so far missing from any of the other publicity. Maybe she gets mistaken for having hurt Kamala, causing the team to take the blame, when in reality she was trying to help her (with Kamala unable to suit up or use her powers due to witnesses) and a villain actually caused the disaster?

Notably, we also haven't seen Amadeus, have we? I wonder if Agents of Atlas means he's off the team?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We know something happened to Viv, Vision is asked about her in the Outlawed preview and she's so far missing from any of the other publicity. Maybe she gets mistaken for having hurt Kamala, causing the team to take the blame, when in reality she was trying to help her (with Kamala unable to suit up or use her powers due to witnesses) and a villain actually caused the disaster?

Notably, we also haven't seen Amadeus, have we? I wonder if Agents of Atlas means he's off the team?
    I don't think we've seen Nadia on any covers either just from previews of the Outlawed one-shot, although I think Ewing said in an interview she was excited to write her?

Extraordinary Member

Are we doing anything to differentiate between the two Ewings?

Incredible Member

If Wolverine has taught me anything, its that you can be a part of as many teams that'll have you as a member.

I don't think we've seen Nadia on any covers either just from previews of the Outlawed one-shot, although I think Ewing said in an interview she was excited to write her?
    Nadia is in the preview for Outlawed though, so we know Ewing IS writing her.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Pretty sure I heard Ewing mention in an interview that she’s also writing Amadeus in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Are we doing anything to differentiate between the two Ewings?
    I guess we could go "Al" and "Eve" .

Yeah, use first or full names when talking about both at the same time, otherwise context (which characters or books are being spoken of) should make it clear who we're talking about.

Issue 3's cover was shown at the C2E2 Women of Marvel panel, so we should see it later.

Champions #3 cover:

Colored preview of the relaunch:

Is that Sam on the cover, it's kinda hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Is that Sam on the cover, it's kinda hard to tell.
    I can't quite tell what's going on in that Amka image. Is she at like a diner or being interrogated? And is she handcuffed? It's hard to tell, and I definitely can't make out who is next to her.

I thought the person talking to the reporters was Kamala, but on closer inspection it's Bombshell. Is she the traitor? Or does she switch sides at the prospect of having her parole revoked and going back to jail?

I can't quite tell what's going on in that Amka image. Is she at like a diner or being interrogated? And is she handcuffed? It's hard to tell, and I definitely can't make out who is next to her.

I thought the person talking to the reporters was Kamala, but on closer inspection it's Bombshell. Is she the traitor? Or does she switch sides at the prospect of having her parole revoked and going back to jail?
    From a closer look at the cover, it looks like Amka is sitting at a desk next to Fernanda (aka The Locust) in what appears to be a classroom. I know that with the law there can be teenage super-heroes as long as they have an adult mentor watching over/training them so maybe they asked for one or a mentor is being forced upon them. It's going to be interesting to see how an American law affects Amka since she's Canadain. Perhaps other countries will soon have their own teenage heroes restrictions/bans put in place?

I had a feeling this law was going to bite Lana in the butt hard since her identity is technically known to the authorities thanks to her mom. If she does indeed turn traitor it's going to be a big blow for Miles since their such close friends. Also, I'm not sure but I think Lana may still have a crush on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    From a closer look at the cover, it looks like Amka is sitting at a desk next to Fernanda (aka The Locust) in what appears to be a classroom. I know that with the law there can be teenage super-heroes as long as they have an adult mentor watching over/training them so maybe they asked for one or a mentor is being forced upon them. It's going to be interesting to see how an American law affects Amka since she's Canadain. Perhaps other countries will soon have their own teenage heroes restrictions/bans put in place?
    Ah, it was Locust! I can see that now.

Yeah, I can see it being a classroom too. I wonder if it's specific that they're the two non-American Champions and are possibly in CRADLE custody...? It looks like Amka's arm might be chained to the desk, but it's hard to tell.
    I had a feeling this law was going to bite Lana in the butt hard since her identity is technically known to the authorities thanks to her mom. If she does indeed turn traitor it's going to be a big blow for Miles since their such close friends. Also, I'm not sure but I think Lana may still have a crush on him?
    Ahmed had her emphasize that they're "just friends" although I don't think that's definitive enough to say she doesn't still have feelings for him, just that she knows they're not in a spot to really explore those feelings together.