Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Marvel.com posted some Hi-Res images of the colored Champions images and cover that was showed at the Women of Marvel Live 2020 panel back during C2E2. The site also has the audio in podcast format of the writers talking during the panel. The colorist for the series in case it hasn't been said already is, Federico Blee. From the looks of it, he was the perfect choice to fully utilize the use of gray tone lighting in Simone Di Meo's pencils. And of course, Toni Infante's covers are a real sight to behold.

Last edited by Grimm911; 03-13-2020 at 09:56 PM.

BANNED

That art is stunning. I'm excited about this story and what it'll do to develop the Champions and our other Marvel youth

I see Starling... I'd assumed her involvement in the Outlawed story would be in Miles's solo, since that's where she was introduced. Is she joining the team?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I see Starling... I'd assumed her involvement in the Outlawed story would be in Miles's solo, since that's where she was introduced. Is she joining the team?
    I think the series will have the Champions also act sort of as an outreach team for other young heroes. Basically, whether you're an official member, in their reserves, or just a solo operator, if you need the Champion's help they'll offer it. Remember Tania has a strong "I do my own thing, my way" attitude that Miles had to risk his life for in order for her to even momentarily change her mind. (Issue 6 of his solo where he had to convince Tania not to kill Tombstone.)

Also if you look closely on the Viv cover to the shard that has Miles, Kamala, and, Sam you can see Riri there to flying around.

And I'm not absolutely sure but I think that's young Cyclops letting off an optic blast in the shard below them.

Perhaps this issue goes further into how Viv mentally processes her relationships with her friends and teammates both past and present.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Really curious about the Snowguard/Red Locust classroom scene is about and why Bombshell is talking to reporters. Maybe June solicits will give a better idea what's going on.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really curious about the Snowguard/Red Locust classroom scene is about and why Bombshell is talking to reporters. Maybe June solicits will give a better idea what's going on.
    Eve has mentioned that there would be something of a moral divide between the Champions on how they want to handle the new law, so I could see some of them going along with being heroes the "official" way.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Eve has mentioned that there would be something of a moral divide between the Champions on how they want to handle the new law, so I could see some of them going along with being heroes the "official" way.
    Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how the divide ends up...the New Warriors and Power Pack are trying to go the "legitimate" way while most of the Champions are the rebels.

Don't forget that Snowguard and Locust are immigrants. They could be forced to go legit or go home to Canada and Mexico.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Don't forget that Snowguard and Locust are immigrants. They could be forced to go legit or go home to Canada and Mexico.
    Locust is American...from San Diego.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I think the series will have the Champions also act sort of as an outreach team for other young heroes. Basically, whether you're an official member, in their reserves, or just a solo operator, if you need the Champion's help they'll offer it. Remember Tania has a strong "I do my own thing, my way" attitude that Miles had to risk his life for in order for her to even momentarily change her mind. (Issue 6 of his solo where he had to convince Tania not to kill Tombstone.)

Also if you look closely on the Viv cover to the shard that has Miles, Kamala, and, Sam you can see Riri there to flying around.

And I'm not absolutely sure but I think that's young Cyclops letting off an optic blast in the shard below them.

Perhaps this issue goes further into how Viv mentally processes her relationships with her friends and teammates both past and present.
    I gotta wonder with the new mutant status quo if Cyclops will have any interaction with his former teammates in the foreseeable future, would be interesting to see how they react to whats going on with the mutants and if Cyke has anything to say to them or just keep it straight and "cordial" like with his interactions with like say Reed and Sue. If not Im glad he at least got the one issue with Kamala to say goodbye more or less.

Looking at Viv she seems to be getting attacked from behind? Marvel won't leave this poor girl alone lol. Depending on how Outlawed shakes out, this could be the next time we get to catch up with Viv before whatever bad happened in Outlawed happens.
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 03-15-2020 at 06:24 AM.

Incredible Member

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So some extra context from the Outlawed issue:

spoilers:
    • Kamala winds up hospitalized after using her body to shield the speaker, Ailana from having a building collapsed on her.
    • Both Amka and Fernanda get apprehended by Speedball and the CRADLE troops, with them confiscating the Bunker as well.
    • They seemingly go to apprehend Lunella as well and raid Riri's lab, implying why Riri is looking to be relunctant to take part in protests in the future issues.

end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So some extra context from the Outlawed issue:

spoilers:
    • Kamala winds up hospitalized after using her body to shield the speaker, Ailana from having a building collapsed on her.
    • Both Amka and Fernanda get apprehended by Speedball and the CRADLE troops, with them confiscating the Bunker as well.
    • They seemingly go to apprehend Lunella as well and raid Riri's lab, implying why Riri is looking to be relunctant to take part in protests in the future issues.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wonder if they're going to raid Pym Labs for GIRL next. It seems kind of obvious with Nadia having a public identity.
    end of spoilers

GIRL might actually be safe because they have Janet van Dyne and Mockingbird as supervisors. Officially, GIRL is a subsidiary of Pym Labs, which means Janet can claim responsibility for it. The difference with Riri's group is that they have no adult supervisor.

Also of note: Brawn, Patriot, and Dust no-showed Outlawed.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-18-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Now that you bring it up is Amadeus just not on the team anymore? It seems like Power Man has taken his place as team muscle, though getting to be a team leader does offer more opportunities from a character standpoint.