Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

The one adult they can still trust... well, based on a certain visor on that cover... welcome back, Scott Summers!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The one adult they can still trust... well, based on a certain visor on that cover... welcome back, Scott Summers!
    Oh SNAP... it's PERFECT.

Adult Scott still has the memories of his younger self's time with the Champions, and if he does help them hide then what better place then Krakoa! Assuming of course he can get the silent council to agree to exempt them from the Mutants only rule. This way they can also see their old teammate Dust again and Miles could even hang out with Fabio again!

And of course, even if C.R.A.D.L.E. did want to go after them there they couldn't because Krakoa is a sovereign state.

...Oh Scott is definitely going to have to hide them from Apocalypse.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 03-19-2020 at 12:19 PM.

This comics reviewer I occasionally watch did an overview of Zub's Champions, and he was very positive (!) while making some salient points.
    Worth a watch. I just like it when this book gets attention.
    Last edited by Cowtools; 03-20-2020 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Oh SNAP... it's PERFECT.

Adult Scott still has the memories of his younger self's time with the Champions, and if he does help them hide then what better place then Krakoa! Assuming of course he can get the silent council to agree to exempt them from the Mutants only rule. This way they can also see their old teammate Dust again and Miles could even hang out with Fabio again!

And of course, even if C.R.A.D.L.E. did want to go after them there they couldn't because Krakoa is a sovereign state.

He can also get Jean or Quentin to read their minds and expose the spy.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    This comics reviewer I occasionally watch did an overview of Zub's Champions, and he was very positive (!) while making some alien points.
    Worth a watch. I just like it when this book gets attention.
    Yeah I watch Linkara regularly as well. Was he that first got to be aware of Kamala Khan. From the sound of the comments in Twitter, YT and his site they are actually pretty civil and did seem confused as to how this book got canned.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Nice, looking forward to that issue.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Oh SNAP... it's PERFECT.

Scott was able to invite aliens and humans (his father) to his house on the Moon without problems.

The problem is not that, the problem is that if he gets too involved, he is Captain Commander of Krakoa (like, the head of their army). It could escalate into a full war between the USA and Krakoa.

So, he can probably only help indirectly, giving them information and things like that. Like, of course Scott is going to want to help them, but he's in a difficult position.

PD: Apocalypse is surprisingly fine with humans in Krakoa. He offered to take care of Shogo, Jubilee's human baby, and offered an invitation to Brian Braddock.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Yeah I watch Linkara regularly as well. Was he that first got to be aware of Kamala Khan. From the sound of the comments in Twitter, YT and his site they are actually pretty civil and did seem confused as to how this book got canned.
    I think the mixed reception Mark Waid's run got affected Zub's run in a way.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Definitely. People didn't try it out, not realising the creative team had changed. They made a major marketing mistake. Issue 19, Zub's first issue, should've been a new #1. Issue 28 was too late for a renumbering.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Scott was able to invite aliens and humans (his father) to his house on the Moon without problems.

The problem is not that, the problem is that if he gets too involved, he is Captain Commander of Krakoa (like, the head of their army). It could escalate into a full war between the USA and Krakoa.

So, he can probably only help indirectly, giving them information and things like that. Like, of course Scott is going to want to help them, but he's in a difficult position.

PD: Apocalypse is surprisingly fine with humans in Krakoa. He offered to take care of Shogo, Jubilee's human baby, and offered an invitation to Brian Braddock.
    Maybe this will lead to AvX 2 instead of Civil War 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

CHAMPIONS #3
    EVE L. EWING (W) • SIMONE DI MEO (A) • Cover by TONI INFANTE
    LIVING VAMPIRE VARIANT COVER BY VALENTINE PASCHE
    • The Champions are on the run! Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, Nova and Ironheart race to stay one step ahead of C.R.A.D.L.E., but someone keeps leaking their location, and they’re running out of places to hide.
    • With a spy in their midst and their allies locked up in a disturbing correctional school, they’ll turn to the one adult they know they can still trust…
    32 PGS./Rated T+…$3.99
    I wonder if it's deliberate that they just mention the teen trio and Ironheart in solicits and promotional art, along with "their allies locked up." Snowguard and Locust were the only ones shown being apprehended in Outlawed but I wonder who else might've been taken into custody at this point. Plus there are probably more members if one of them is a spy.

I guess the "correctional school" will be the first indication that there is something shady going on with CRADLE.

NEW WARRIORS #3 (OF 5)
    DANIEL KIBBLESMITH (W)
    Luciano Vecchio (A)
    COVER BY R.B. SILVA
    Variant cover by PACO MEDINA
    LIVING VAMPIRE VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    AT WAR WITH THE CHAMPIONS!
    Night Thrasher and his New Warriors picked a side – the side of the law! And that means shutting down teenage vigilantes…even if they’re supposed to be friends. Luckily Night Thrasher doesn’t need friends. At least, that’s the lesson he’s giving his new recruits – after kicking one of them out. Turmoil abounds! Betrayal lurks around every corner! Villains are revealed! It’s another can’t-miss issue with the tightest team around!
    "even if they're supposed to be friends" - Aside from potentially the newbies, I don't think any of the New Warriors are all that connected to the Champions save for Justice and Speedball being on the same team with Sam for, like, a week.

I can see Kamala going back-and-forth between fangirling over the New Warriors to complaining about them selling out.

Oh SNAP... it's PERFECT.

Being based in Krakoa would definitely take the heat off for a bit even if I don't think they can stay there indefinitely.

Can't be a coincidence that it was Snowguard and Locust we saw get taken away. They happen to be Zub's and Waid's OCs. Characters they created. Though Zub of course also created Pinpoint, whose fate is unknown right now.

Good point about Sam - if New Warriors #3, which guest stars the Champions, doesn't bring up that he was on the team, something is seriously amiss. I would also expect it to be mentioned if he encounters Speedball in Champions.

We have a major problem. Diamond's shut. No print comics after this week. Looks like the Champions relaunch is scuppered.

We have a major problem. Diamond's shut. No print comics after this week. Looks like the Champions relaunch is scuppered.
    Unless they still release it digitally, but I'm not sure how feasible that is.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I don’t think the title will be cancelled, but I won’t be surprised if they turn the ongoing into a mini like Power Pack and New Warriors. They might have to cut back on how many titles they publish in the near future, and if Champions is not faring much different from the last volume, financially speaking, they might choose to keep this run short.