Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Nothing will be cancelled outright. But unless they do digital despite the fact that physical comics can't now come out, it will be delayed, probably for a few months. The Outlawed launch has been spoilt, as that means too big a gap between Outlawed #1 and the launch of the other comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The first issues for all the new titles are done, so it would probably be a waste to not at least release those, if only as digital titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don’t think the title will be cancelled, but I won’t be surprised if they turn the ongoing into a mini like Power Pack and New Warriors. They might have to cut back on how many titles they publish in the near future, and if Champions is not faring much different from the last volume, financially speaking, they might choose to keep this run short.
    I wonder how early they would be able to tell that though, especially with all the extenuating factors this go-around.

For all the effort going into this initiative and relaunch, it really came at the worst time possible. I feel bad for the creators, especially if Eve Ewing had longer-term plans for this storyline.

Riri cartoon appearance next week:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...ion-april-2020

April 9
    Marvel HQ will air the first five episodes of the new season of Marvel Super Hero Adventures

“Charge Ahead”
    Spidey swings into his arc-powered pal, Ironheart, as the entire city loses electricity! With Ironheart’s suit shorting out too, these amazing friends will need to find a creative solution together.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Riri cartoon appearance next week:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...ion-april-2020
    It's always kind of funny when characters from Miles' generation end up teaming-up with Peter .

Comixology has listed that Champions #1 will be released on July 15

I bet everything not already given a date is listed for July 15. Champions can't be on that date unless Magnificent Ms. Marvel is out that day too - it needs to come out after Kamala's book due to how the Outlawed one-shot ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Comixology has listed that Champions #1 will be released on July 15
    Isn't Comixology constantly changing their release date for Marvel comics?

Yeah, when the April 1st books didn't come out, they got moved to April 8th. When they didn't come out then either, they got moved to 15th. So by April 29th, the entire month's releases, all five weeks of them, were stated to be out in one day. No chance of that, of course. July 15th is the next date they haven't announced books for, so all solicited books (which should've been out by the end of June) without a new date are probably listed for July 15th now. It's wrong in the majority of cases. I think we might get Ms. Marvel that week, but not Champions - that should be a week after Kamala's solo book.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Three different places reporting that? A different link was posted in her own appreciation thread and another in a new thread, but this is actually an old rumour from last year.

Both Riri and Amadeus are in the next episode of Spider-Man Maximum Venom:

So that makes Miles, Kamala, Sam, Riri, and Amadeus all appearing in some form in the recent Marvel cartoons, I think this slightly raises the chances of us getting a Champions cartoon in the future.

Yeah, so far we've had:

Ms. Marvel - Avengers Secret Wars/Black Panther's Quest, Spider-Man, Marvel Rising
    Spider-Man - Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man
    Nova - Ultimate Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy
    Amadeus Cho - Ultimate Spider-Man (he was Iron Spider, this was before he was Hulk in the comics), Spider-Man
    Ironheart - Marvel Rising, Spider-Man
    Patriot - Marvel Rising

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    So that makes Miles, Kamala, Sam, Riri, and Amadeus all appearing in some form in the recent Marvel cartoons, I think this slightly raises the chances of us getting a Champions cartoon in the future.
    If this show wasn't like the last major Marvel cartoon (not counting What If), I would agree with you.

If we get a Champions cartoon it will probably have nothing to do with past animated appearances by these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If this show wasn't like the last major Marvel cartoon (not counting What If), I would agree with you.

If we get a Champions cartoon it will probably have nothing to do with past animated appearances by these characters.
    I admit I mostly skipped the Marvel animated cartoons by choice, so I don't know if this could be counted as good or not, but I'm personally all for a fresh start for the characters if a Champions cartoon gets made. Hopefully with a much better style of animation.

And for the love of all that's holy DO NOT have them replace Miles with Peter as the Spider-Man of the team. If anything I want older college Peter back so he can act as a mentor figure for the team. Also Miles needs to drop the Spy-D codename. Of course I want him to be called Spider-Man but I also wouldn't mind a new name if the writers could come up with a better one cause the last two alternate codenames just struck me as lazy.