Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I admit I mostly skipped the Marvel animated cartoons by choice, so I don't know if this could be counted as good or not, but I'm personally all for a fresh start for the characters if a Champions cartoon gets made. Hopefully with a much better style of animation.

And for the love of all that's holy DO NOT have them replace Miles with Peter as the Spider-Man of the team. If anything I want older college Peter back so he can act as a mentor figure for the team. Also Miles needs to drop the Spy-D codename. Of course I want him to be called Spider-Man but I also wouldn't mind a new name if the writers could come up with a better one cause the last two alternate codenames just struck me as lazy.
    I was going to say...people probably shouldn't get their hopes up too much since this is Peter's show and they marginalize Miles enough as is that I don't think there's going to be a serious Champions thing going on here, although just having him around for the Riri/Cho team-up is better then I was expecting.

A Champions cartoon that lets Miles be his own Spider-Man and keeps him separated from Peter would probably be the best solution as things stand.

Avengers of the Wastelands #4 is out today. Viv's in it.
    spoilers:
    She kills MODOK and Absorbing Man.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Avengers of the Wastelands #4 is out today. Viv's in it.
    spoilers:
    She kills MODOK and Absorbing Man.
    end of spoilers
    What a pleasant alternate universe .

Do you think they will let Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider join the champions. She is studying in 616.

I'd like to see their reactions if they met Gwen. Having previously seen the Team laugh at Miles for mentioning her.

Have the champions met Spider-Gwen?

Kamala and Miles have met her. Kamala met her during the Sitting in a Tree arc. She found Miles and Gwen together after Miles had missed the events of Waid's Champions #5 (the Gwenpool issue). Miles has met Gwen several times due to Spider-Verse and Spider-Geddon.

The other Champions haven't met her but know of her existence. Miles suggested she should join in Champions #16, but the others laughed it off, as you mention, because she's from an alternate universe (they ended up bringing in Ironheart and Unstoppable Wasp).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-17-2020 at 05:23 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

What would Ghost-Spider bring to the team that Miles already can’t

What if they need that powerset in two places at once? Plus, Gwen has organic webbing (her powers now come from the Venom symbiote) whereas Miles can potentially run out of webfluid.

Also, remember Zub's Champions #1 from last year? The team split into three groups. Falcon and Snowguard were together, and they questioned that because they're both flyers (Snowguard has other powers but it's Falcon's main ability).

I don't know if you could even consistently rely on Gwen as a member when she's not even from that Earth.

Yeah, that's the big problem, and probably the reason Kamala joined in with the laughing in Champions #16. At the time I chalked it up to a continuity error (Waid not keeping an eye on what Bendis and Latour were doing) but she could've been laughing at the notion of someone from an AU being a reliable team member - the reason Miles missed issue 5 was because he was on Earth-65 at the time and thus wasn't receiving the team's phone calls or text messages! Gwen would have that problem a lot.

Incidentally, this is also probably the reason Miles appeared instead of Gwen in the second Marvel Rising comic mini-series. Gwen wasn't yet commuting to 616 for school, so her presence would've needed explaining. Miles though, didn't, because he was already on a team with Kamala, they were already established as friends.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-18-2020 at 06:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Gwen tends to overshadow what team she’s on, like the Web warriors.

Champions fans need to watch the latest episode of Marvel's Spider-Man on Disney 3 members of the Champions show up.

Of course one of them is a series regular (Miles). But yeah, there's four guest stars, including two Champions: Groot, Doctor Strange, Ironheart and Totally Awesome Hulk.

Of course one of them is a series regular (Miles). But yeah, there's four guest stars, including two Champions: Groot, Doctor Strange, Ironheart and Totally Awesome Hulk.
    Cho felt kind of random but I guess they're setting up the "Interns" to have to fight their mentors once they get infected by the Symbiotes. Although we know Riri gets infected too.

It's weird to see Peter Parker being friends with Miles' generation but I guess Miles got the team-up with Strange (which is more of a Peter thing) to compensate. And Peter and Riri got to bond over their dead parents.

Miles has been relegated to a semi regular at this point. Kamala has also made an appearance to i believe.