Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I do hope we get the books for October but I dread Marvel might start the Knull stuff and this will be pushed to the backburner which would stupid for books like Miles and Ms. Marvel.
    Marvel just can't seem to win when it comes to teen Superhero teams...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I do hope we get the books for October but I dread Marvel might start the Knull stuff and this will be pushed to the backburner which would stupid for books like Miles and Ms. Marvel.
    I don't think we're getting the main Knull event this year. I know they said Knull was coming in 2020, but I think they might do the same thing they did for Empyre with Incoming!: tease the main event late this year, and then give us the big thing next year. I just don't see why they would do another big event right now so soon, between Empyre, Iron Man 2020 and X Of Swords, not to mention Outlawed still pending. I think even Marvel has to realize it would be too much.

That being said, it's not like Champions will be able to catch a break from competing with events right now anyway, since XOS starts immediately after Empyre ends, and Marvel might prioritize that because it's the X-Men.

Miles' book probably won't even tie into the Knull event anyway. For Sins Rising, he's just going to show up in Amazing Spider-Man. Clone Conspiracy omitted him entirely. Absolute Carnage had a separate mini instead of having Miles' main book tie in.

There's no reason to hold back Champions any longer. If they don't release it soon, it'll desync from the solos. Originally, Champions was due one week after both solo books, with the remaining two Outlawed books on the following two weeks. With the solos out in September, if Champions doesn't launch in October the solos could end up spoiling events in the team book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Saladin Ahmed just went ahead and confirmed that Champions will finally be starting in October.

He was tweeting about the Outlawed Tie-ins he had for Miles and Kamala and included that. So I take it he, Eve, and the other writers for the tie-ins were among the furloghed staff back in April.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 07-10-2020 at 11:51 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Saladin Ahmed just went ahead and confirmed that Champions will finally be starting in October.

He was tweeting about the Outlawed Tie-ins he had for Miles and Kamala and included that. So I take it he, Eve, and the other writers for the tie-ins were among the furloghed staff back in April.
    I guess Marvel must have given him the okay for this? Kind of weird to see it come out in a tweet, but good to know all the same .

I wonder if this means the other tie-in's will start sprinkling in through November and December.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Well, my last post didn't age well with the King In Black announcement, LOL. Champions is gonna launch in the middle of a X-Men AND a Venom event. Good luck to them.

And yeah, it's weird that the announcement came through Ahmed's Twitter when not even Eve or the official Marvel social media posted anything about it. I mean, they obviously had time to promote Knull for December... I wonder if Ahmed got ahead of himself with this announcement or if Marvel is just really not even doing the bare minimum to promote this book anymore.

Sadly, despite having 2 major names in the group and the event, the Marvel HQ considers it a lost cause and are throwing red meat to the LCBS crowds who will eat that up.

Even if Young Avengers comes back, it'll get lost because Marvel's heads still think it's 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The thing is... I'm not sure if he was able to finish the entire first arc, let alone two. The preview that we got for Champions #1, not long before the title was paused, wasn't even colored yet. Unless he was working on the book for a very long time, it just seems like the plug was pulled before most titles could finish their current arcs. For example, the Runaways writer said the book only had 2 issues completed out of 7. I don't know, maybe it's wrong to compare Champions with Runaways and maybe schedules were just that different for those two different books... but I just can't shake the feeling.
    If it helps, I’m pretty sure it’s policy for most comic artists to be at least 2-3 issues ahead compared to the latest solicited issue of whatever book they’re on. Don’t quote me on that cause I’m working from old knowledge that I’m not even sure is valid anymore. As for the previews, Marvel and the artists can take snapshots ahead of time and sit on them for weeks or months before they start bleeding them through their social feeds. Again don’t take that for gospel but it’s what makes the most sense for me that that would be the best method for them.

Future Foundation can't have been more than two issues ahead, as the artist changed after issue 3 because the book was announced to have already been axed when issue 1 came out. It finished at issue 5, and the original artist, with writer Jeremy Whitley's blessing, ended up doing Spider-Ham to get a couple of months more work.

So I'd say they probably only got to issue 3 of Champions before lockdown.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Future Foundation can't have been more than two issues ahead, as the artist changed after issue 3 because the book was announced to have already been axed when issue 1 came out. It finished at issue 5, and the original artist, with writer Jeremy Whitley's blessing, ended up doing Spider-Ham to get a couple of months more work.

So I'd say they probably only got to issue 3 of Champions before lockdown.
    Pretty sure some of the Marvel creative teams were able to continue working even during the distribution hiatus. Probably a low chance Eve Ewing & Simone Di Meo were among those teams, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

We now have an exact date. October 7th.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/cham...ed-marvel-mia/

Considering the fully trade dressed cover attached to the announcement, it seems that it's fully completed already. They must be building up a backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We now have an exact date. October 7th.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/cham...ed-marvel-mia/

Considering the fully trade dressed cover attached to the announcement, it seems that it's fully completed already. They must be building up a backlog.
    An early Christmas gift ?

Some more preview images for issue #1 from the latest Marvel Pull List video. This group shot gives us just a peak at the roster this series will deal with.

And here's the video that gave us a recap of how OUTLAWED got us to the new series in October.

Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Some more preview images for issue #1 from the latest Marvel Pull List video. This group shot gives us just a peak at the roster this series will deal with.

And here's the video that gave us a recap of how OUTLAWED got us to the new series in October.

Whoa. Who’s getting handsy with Dust?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Whoa. Who’s getting handsy with Dust?
    Looks like it might be Power Man...but I think it may just be him walking behind her....