Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also feel bad for the Champions. This is yet another potential failed relaunch for the group.
    I mean, yeah, that's sad for the team too, but looking back, I think they got a good run. They were consistently published for at least four years in a row, and will have amassed a total of 42 issues by the end of Eve's run. I think Marvel gave them a relatively fair shot in the bigger scheme of things, specially compared to some other books out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I mean, yeah, that's sad for the team too, but looking back, I think they got a good run. They were consistently published for at least four years in a row, and will have amassed a total of 42 issues by the end of Eve's run. I think Marvel gave them a relatively fair shot in the bigger scheme of things, specially compared to some other books out there.
    I think they gave them a fair shot (albeit maybe there was some things they could've handled better from a marketing standpoint) but it still feels like they've been cut down pretty quick in their life cycle, but I guess that's the Marvel teen team curse.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean, it should be a cautionary tale to stop with all the premature relaunches, but I don't think Marvel will be changing their tune on that anytime soon.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It's had an alright show of things. Some mistakes were made along the way, but 42 issues is a respectable run by modern standards. Maybe the team will be put away for a while, but there's always room for hope.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I sadly think the demo not jumping on it at first, floppy sales still dictate things were factors and of course, the virus. It sucks Ewing's plans are likely cut in half and the name at this point is likely gonna be dormant after this.

Sadly, the only way to savage the team is rename them Young Avengers, Marvel really botched having the Champions being their answer to Titans but the midway relaunch and this will likely mean the Marvel Teen Curse is back at least for now and sadly, more books for the older audience that is actually slowly shrinking by the month.

Unless Marvel does has plans for them in graphic novel form which is likely judging from the recent news, I have no idea how you relaunch the Champions again and have it hit like the first time without making fans care before the relaunches?

Honestly at this point I think the deciding factor is going to be what the MCU does.

Honestly at this point I think the deciding factor is going to be what the MCU does.
    I think they should bring it back right around the lead up to Spiderverse movie. Also they should correct what should have been a Miles lead team. Ms. Marvel is cool but Miles has more and better exposure. I think that team should consist of the following:

Miles
    Ms. Marvel
    Nova
    Power Man
    Viv
    Dust
    Bombastic.
    Last edited by dkrook; 07-24-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Miles
    Kamala
    Sam
    Nadia
    Viv
    Riri

and whoever else they want but the core 6 just fits.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I think they should bring it back right around the lead up to Spiderverse movie. Also they should correct what should have been a Miles lead team. Ms. Marvel is cool but Miles has more and better exposure. I think that team should consist of the following:

Miles
    Ms. Marvel
    Nova
    Power Man
    Viv
    Dust
    Bombastic.
    You mean Bombshell?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah - Hawkeye's casting and the ending of WandaVision should settle that. If they cast someone significantly older than Cassie Lang's actress to play Kate Bishop, they're probably not doing Young Avengers. If Kate is a teenager then maybe they will. Meanwhile, WandaVision will have a direct impact on Wiccan and Speed's viability. It could go either way at this point. Peter Parker and Kamala Khan are the only other confirmed MCU teen heroes so far - so it's basically two YAs, one Champion, and one who could be a substitute Champ - it wouldn't be only thing MCU Peter has taken from Miles (Ned Leeds is based on Ganke rather than his comics namesake). Of course Nadia's existence is impossible in the MCU (the adult Hope is her counterpart) so if they did do an MCU Champions, Cassie would probably replace her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Miles
    Kamala
    Sam
    Nadia
    Viv
    Riri

and whoever else they want but the core 6 just fits.
    Amadeus???

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Amadeus???
    Oh right, it sucks Atlas took him away.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean Bombshell?
    Lol, yes that's her.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post

Miles
    Ms. Marvel
    Nova
    Power Man
    Viv
    Dust
    Bombastic.
    I don't think Miles leading the team would make that much of a difference versus being on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah - Hawkeye's casting and the ending of WandaVision should settle that. If they cast someone significantly older than Cassie Lang's actress to play Kate Bishop, they're probably not doing Young Avengers. If Kate is a teenager then maybe they will. Meanwhile, WandaVision will have a direct impact on Wiccan and Speed's viability. It could go either way at this point. Peter Parker and Kamala Khan are the only other confirmed MCU teen heroes so far - so it's basically two YAs, one Champion, and one who could be a substitute Champ - it wouldn't be only thing MCU Peter has taken from Miles (Ned Leeds is based on Ganke rather than his comics namesake). Of course Nadia's existence is impossible in the MCU (the adult Hope is her counterpart) so if they did do an MCU Champions, Cassie would probably replace her.
    I expect whoever they cast for Kate will end up playing younger than they are.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

But to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see Marvel just go with the "Marvel Rising" brand now going forward for the younger heroes.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.