Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

That 8/26 date is indeed incorrect, I don't even know where that date would've come from - it was originally due in April and we've heard no new date since. However, a November launch is still possible - Previews World wouldn't have that up yet because the solicits won't be out until Thursday, six days from now.

With Champions itself being a 5 issue mini now, it doesn't make sense for Power Pack or New Warriors to launch any later than November (they're five issues too, they'll desync if more than one issue behind). If they're not in the solicits next week (alongside Champions #2) then they're probably gone.

When Champions was being planned as an ongoing, Outlawed was meant to be a long term status quo, so eight issues of a Miles tie-in would've made sense. Assuming Champions #5, or maybe a follow up Outlawed #2, ends with Kamala's Law repealed, obviously the solo books would also need to end their tie-ins by then. Looking at the solicits, Miles's book has already switched it's focus back to Ultimatum.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-14-2020 at 03:18 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Soooooo today's Champions #2 solicitation does not have the Of 5 mini series bit it had in last month's solicitations, should we be crossing our fingers?

Ongoings, mini-series, cancellations, I'm just tryna grill for god's sake!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Soooooo today's Champions #2 solicitation does not have the Of 5 mini series bit it had in last month's solicitations, should we be crossing our fingers?
    We'll see. The new artist said he's only working on issues 3-5, so it doesn't sound like they planned for more unless we're getting an art change again. We should pay attention to the December solicits and compare it to how Power Pack is solicited. If PP #2 still has the (of 5) and Champions doesn't, then that might be a good sign.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-20-2020 at 09:30 PM.

I'm really not sure what's going on with this storyline anymore...

Emily Bright from Strange Academy is wearing a familiar logo on the cover of Strange Academy #5

Isn't that the Champions' C logo? Of course, the series artist is Champions co-creator Humberto Ramos...
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So I checked Champions #1 on the PREVIEWS World site and yeah its listed as "Champions #1", no "(of 5)" added on at the end or anything like that. Checked to make sure the code, FEB200806, is the same as the solicit they showed last month that listed the series as a mini and yeah its the correct one all right. Issue #2 also has no "(of 5)" at the end same as this month's solicit.

Either the whole "(of 5)" thing was a typo and the series was always on track to be an ongoing.

Or enough people complained about it online for them to change the mini back into a ongoing.

Either way I am now cautiously optimistic that the series will live past 5 issues now. But only time, and the next few solicits, will tell.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    So I checked Champions #1 on the PREVIEWS World site and yeah its listed as "Champions #1", no "(of 5)" added on at the end or anything like that. Checked to make sure the code, FEB200806, is the same as the solicit they showed last month that listed the series as a mini and yeah its the correct one all right. Issue #2 also has no "(of 5)" at the end same as this month's solicit.

Either the whole "(of 5)" thing was a typo and the series was always on track to be an ongoing.

Or enough people complained about it online for them to change the mini back into a ongoing.

Either way I am now cautiously optimistic that the series will live past 5 issues now. But only time, and the next few solicits, will tell.
    Marvel subscriptions list the book as a 12 issue series. It was never listed as a mini series at any time.

Of interest my subscription to Miles's book ends with issue Miles Morales Spider-Man #26 Cover A Regular Javier Garron Cover (Outlawed Tie-In)

Going by that Outlawed ends in Aug 2021. Champions would be at issue 10.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Marvel subscriptions list the book as a 12 issue series. It was never listed as a mini series at any time.

Of interest my subscription to Miles's book ends with issue Miles Morales Spider-Man #26 Cover A Regular Javier Garron Cover (Outlawed Tie-In)

What I mean is when Champions #1 was re-solicited last month it was as "CHAMPIONS #1 (of 5)" which led everyone to believe Marvel turned the book into a mini series. You can see what I mean by checking October's solicit for the series here. And at one time it said the same thing on the PREVIEWS World catalog website (as I've stated before they recently changed it back to Champions #1 and dropped "(of 5)").

As for Marvel's subscription site I believe that works the same as a magazine subscription. Meaning that your only paying for one year's worth of that series issues and not the entire run of said series.

This also explains why it says your subscription for Miles Morales: Spider-Man ends with issue #26. If you started your yearly subscription around issue #14, then issue #26 is the end date and you will have to re-new your subscription for another year.

...P.S. I found this on eBay so I can't be too sure, but this might actually be Peach Momoko's 1:50 variant for Champions #1. But like the asterisk states this may be subject to change for the final cover.

Last edited by Grimm911; 08-23-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post

The Ron Lim variant page for issue #1 on Previews World still says 1 of 5, though: https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG200714

My understanding is that the books with the ''FEB/MAR'' code probably had their initial orders during February/March, before the shutdown of the industry, which might explain why they don't reflect the change to mini in the title. The Ron Lim variant, however, has a code for August, which is a lot more recent and probably means it was ordered at a time when Marvel had already updated their schedule. But that doesn't explain why the solicitation from October, which has a February code, list it as a mini while the one from November doesn't. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

I don't think this is correct at all. The solicitation for issue #20 of the Miles book already seems to be completely over the Outlawed thing. I don't see how they would make that last up until issue #26. That's way too long for a tie-in.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-24-2020 at 04:38 AM.

Not if Outlawed was meant to be a long term status quo, like Dark Reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not if Outlawed was meant to be a long term status quo, like Dark Reign.
    Do we honestly think that's the case now, though? Marvel had time to change plans after the pandemic. Like I said, the November solicitation for MM:SM doesn't even mention Outlawed anymore and seems to be fully focused on the Ultimatum story. Issues 19 and 20 don't even have the Outlawed logo on the covers. It just doesn't look like this will last very long on Miles' book. Maybe it'll last longer on Kamala's. We'll see with the next batch of solicitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Do we honestly think that's the case now, though? Marvel had time to change plans after the pandemic. Like I said, the November solicitation for MM:SM doesn't even mention Outlawed anymore and seems to be fully focused on the Ultimatum story. Issues 19 and 20 don't even have the Outlawed logo on the covers. It just doesn't look like this will last very long on Miles' book. Maybe it'll last longer on Kamala's. We'll see with the next batch of solicitations.
    I mean, if they're scaling it back to a five issue mini then I have to assume Ewing is resolving the main conflict by issue #5 and teen heroes probably won't be outlawed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, if they're scaling it back to a five issue mini then I have to assume Ewing is resolving the main conflict by issue #5 and teen heroes probably won't be outlawed anymore.
    It's not impossible for the story to continue even if Champions don't make it past the first arc. It's basically what happened with the SHRA after Civil War ended; it kept going for a while and affected other books. The question is if whether Marvel considers Outlawed important enough to keep it going or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    It's not impossible for the story to continue even if Champions don't make it past the first arc. It's basically what happened with the SHRA after Civil War ended; it kept going for a while and affected other books. The question is if whether Marvel considers Outlawed important enough to keep it going or not.
    I guess it depends on how much Ewing's plans have changed and how much she planned or had to adjust for wrapping up.

At the very least the teen heroes who get captured will probably not end up still in Superhero reform school.