Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we just going off the inconsistency as to whether it's being numbered as a mini or a normal comic?
    Pretty much for now but as Dignified said we may get more credence to this thought once issue #3 is solicited later this month. If Marvel already relabeled issue #1 to "1 (of 5)" when it was re-solicited, and that change also showed up in the previews catalogue page for the issue. Then why not for issue #2 as well? Also why is it that the previews catalog now has issue# 1 without "(of 5)", but the two new variants from Ron Lim and Peach Momoko still has "(of 5)" at the end of it?

Its confusing to be sure but if I might add some glimmer of hope it's that Marvel recently announceed their plan to relaunch the Black Cat series with a new #1 after it's hiatus. If they can do that for a series still this new then why not for Champions if/when the mini is complete?

Also it was stated in interviews earlier this year that if sales proved good enough Marvel editorial had the same thought in mind for the Power Pack mini to become an ongoing, and no doubt for New Warriors as well when that mini comes back.

Ultimate Member

Are we just going off the inconsistency as to whether it's being numbered as a mini or a normal comic?
    Marvel forever messed up subscriptions department were selling it as an ongoing. As many times as I have fought with them over my stuff I never saw it listed as a mini.

They do offer a subscription to minis like New Warriors and Falcon & WS.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post

Also it was stated in interviews earlier this year that if sales proved good enough Marvel editorial had the same thought in mind for the Power Pack mini to become an ongoing, and no doubt for New Warriors as well when that mini comes back.
    Power Pack is still listed as a mini with a release date of 1/21/2021.

Of course this website listed Children of the Atom as an ongoing coming out next week.

Yet they can make sure you get the Eternals subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Pretty much for now but as Dignified said we may get more credence to this thought once issue #3 is solicited later this month. If Marvel already relabeled issue #1 to "1 (of 5)" when it was re-solicited, and that change also showed up in the previews catalogue page for the issue. Then why not for issue #2 as well? Also why is it that the previews catalog now has issue# 1 without "(of 5)", but the two new variants from Ron Lim and Peach Momoko still has "(of 5)" at the end of it?

Its confusing to be sure but if I might add some glimmer of hope it's that Marvel recently announceed their plan to relaunch the Black Cat series with a new #1 after it's hiatus. If they can do that for a series still this new then why not for Champions if/when the mini is complete?

IF it comes back. There's speculation that it's been cancelled.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...11#post5131911
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Viv by Nick Ducote, commissioned by u/imaxwebber.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I guess if Viv were ever to reach adulthood (not that I'm actually sure how Synthezoid's age) this would be a good look for her...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Seems like it. People have been questioning Eve, Alanna Smith (the editor) and C.B. Cebulksi on social media about the book being a mini or ongoing, but no one says anything. It reminds me of Jordan D. White's non-answer when someone asked if Children Of The Atom was an ongoing or a mini. My guess is that they will keep things ambiguous enough so if the sales are there, they can keep going, but if not, they will end it at issue 5 and save face by saying it was a mini all along.

Oooooh, I like this. It would be nice to see Viv getting a proper superhero suit, since her wardrobe is pretty much just regular clothes.

Incredible Member

If it helps in any way, Comixology also has Power Pack listed as the mini series we know it is, whereas Champions does not have the Of 5 distinction.

I guess if Viv were ever to reach adulthood (not that I'm actually sure how Synthezoid's age) this would be a good look for her...
    Viv's explicitly been said to age at a normal human rate.

There's only one thing I don't like about that look - the domino mask. With no secret identity, Viv has no need for such a thing.

Viv's explicitly been said to age at a normal human rate.

There's only one thing I don't like about that look - the domino mask. With no secret identity, Viv has no need for such a thing.
    Most Superheroes wearing a mask in the Marvel Universe don't need them but still wear them anyways.

How many of them wear them out of tradition, because they originally wore them because they did have a secret identity, which was later outed? That's certainly the case for Captain America. Then there's cases like Cyclops, where the mask is actually essential because of the nature of his powers. If the Champions have masks, it's because they either have a secret identity (Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, Patriot, Falcon, and Bombshell) or it serves a function (Ironheart's helmet has a HUD for example, while Wasp needs hers for some of her powers, and Nova can't use any of his powers without his helmet). Nobody wears one just because they feel like it. Carol Danvers wore a mask as Ms. Marvel, and Captain Mar-Vell also wore a mask. Yet as Captain Marvel, Carol doesn't wear one. Because unlike a lot of the other older heroes, she isn't still wearing a costume that originates from the golden or silver ages.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Do they honestly expect normal handcuffs to work ?

I wonder if Julie and Jack being there is before or after their own mini.

I'm curious how many of them get caught in the raid. I think Nadia might. I can see some of the team being mad Kamala wasn't there when they got raided, or Kamala blaming herself.

Vance is really not going to look good in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Power Pack is still listed as a mini with a release date of 1/21/2021.

Of course this website listed Children of the Atom as an ongoing coming out next week.

Yet they can make sure you get the Eternals subscription.
    Right, Power Pack is still going to be issued as a mini series for now but what I mean is that once all the issues are actually released, Marvel will take a look at the sales numbers and see if it's worth turning the series into an ongoing or not. And even if they do it would probably be relaunched with a new #1.

lol, the December solicit for Detective Comics mentions a mayor getting elected on an anti-vigilante platform - and that the Bat family will be outlaws! Copycats.