Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Sam definitely seemed like he is taking less crap in the Outlawed preview and definitely so when he got his helmet back, maybe its time for him to step up, if its not Kamala then i'd prefer it being either of the other 2 of their trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I would think since Amadeus was directly referenced he'd end up important to Ewing's story. He also seems the most likely candidate as leader without Kamala or Viv, but like you said he'd probably be busy leading the Agents of Atlas. So maybe Miles and Sam will have to step up just based on seniority.
    Did you forget Waid's issue 4? Amadeus is ruled out as Champions leader because he got the team captured by the Atlanteans. Heck, maybe that's why Kamala's not also on double duty, she doesn't want to be on a team led by Amadeus. Otherwise there was no reason she couldn't have rejoined the former Protectors team after War of the Realms. The original reason she left was because the two teams had missions at the same time. The argument they had in New Agents of Atlas #1 was small potatoes in the long run, as Miles is the one she really should've been arguing with, and that conflict was later resolved.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-02-2020 at 09:25 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amadeus has grown since then. I think he deserves another shot as the leader, even if only temporarily, he’s even done a decent job leading the Agents of Atlas.

Incredible Member

Outlawed variant cover being shown off, showing more characters besides just the Champions, which im sure was gonna be obvious considering the premise, but still neat to see all these characters together

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-variant-cover
    Last edited by Nerwrax15; 01-09-2020 at 03:32 PM.

I think the heavy focus on Ammy in AoA has turned me off the idea of him leading. Sam is a dumbass but I'd love an arc where he learns to handle that responsibility, especially since he's the only one of the big three without a book.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I wonder if Outlawed is going to move the Champions away from being the heroes who try to be "real heroes" and change the world to teen rebels fighting against an oppressive, adult, system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I think the heavy focus on Ammy in AoA has turned me off the idea of him leading. Sam is a dumbass but I'd love an arc where he learns to handle that responsibility, especially since he's the only one of the big three without a book.
    I never thought comic Sam was that dumb.

Cartoon Sam, maybe, but comic Sam seemed smart and clever enough for someone his age...although maybe compared to Miles and Kamala.

I reread his first solo recently and the Duggan stuff especially hammers home how dumb he is, or more like "average teen intelligence." I like that, though. I think too many heroes, especially modern teen ones, are portrayed as a bit too bright. Kamala doesn't really give me that vibe, either, but maybe her also leading the Champs with general efficiency kinda blunts it for me.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Outlawed is going to move the Champions away from being the heroes who try to be "real heroes" and change the world to teen rebels fighting against an oppressive, adult, system.

Eeeeeeh, i really hope not. While its unavoidable that they'll have to dance around the law to still be active, i'd prefer if they didn't go down the path of becoming "hard edged" or angsty.

They will be tried, they will be tested, but rather than willfully kicking back, i want them to take a page from Cap and stand their ground no matter what kind of mud slinging comes their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I reread his first solo recently and the Duggan stuff especially hammers home how dumb he is, or more like "average teen intelligence." I like that, though. I think too many heroes, especially modern teen ones, are portrayed as a bit too bright. Kamala doesn't really give me that vibe, either, but maybe her also leading the Champs with general efficiency kinda blunts it for me.
    Well, most of the Marvel Universe female geniuses are teenagers, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Eeeeeeh, i really hope not. While its unavoidable that they'll have to dance around the law to still be active, i'd prefer if they didn't go down the path of becoming "hard edged" or angsty.

They will be tried, they will be tested, but rather than willfully kicking back, i want them to take a page from Cap and stand their ground no matter what kind of mud slinging comes their way.
    I'm not expecting them to become edgy or angsty, although I think this law will give them plenty to angst about, just it will be a change in direction for the group.

In Incoming, note that Riri and Nadia were said to be handling all the Mobile Bunker maintenance in Amadeus's absence (while he was with Atlas). That shows that those three are the most intelligent members. Viv should be as clever as them too, since she's a living computer, but she's used for networking instead of engineering. Kamala and Miles are smart, but not super-geniuses. Sam? He may seem dumb in comparison, but he's at least average, he isn't stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I never thought comic Sam was that dumb.

Cartoon Sam, maybe, but comic Sam seemed smart and clever enough for someone his age...although maybe compared to Miles and Kamala.
    I wonder if the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon was going for some Teen Titans cartoon vibe there. Nova being the clown, like Beast Boy, Luke Cage being the big guy like Cyborg, Iron Fist being calm and collected like Raven (they both meditate), and Spider-Man himself being the leader like Robin. The only archetype they didn't come close to is Starfire's naivety, White Tiger being completely different to any of the Titans (more a workaholic than anything else).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-09-2020 at 08:11 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon was going for some Teen Titans cartoon vibe there. Nova being the clown, like Beast Boy, Luke Cage being the big guy like Cyborg, Iron Fist being calm and collected like Raven (they both meditate), and Spider-Man himself being the leader like Robin. The only archetype they didn't come close to is Starfire's naivety, White Tiger being completely different to any of the Titans (more a workaholic than anything else).
    If it was, I don't think they succeeded anywhere near as well as the TT cartoon did.

New series announce obviously by Eve Ewing
    The times are changing for Marvel's youngest superheroes, with their very right to fight crime about to be questioned by the United States government. But when a controversial new law orders super-teenagers to remove their masks and stop being heroes, Ms. Marvel, Nova, and Spider-Man will do the only thing they can: reunite the Champions for a brand new ongoing comic series.

The new Champions series will be the main book launching in the wake of Marvel's Outlawed one-shot, with writer Eve L. Ewing carrying the shockwaves of the 'ban on teen superheroes' forward, along with artist Simone Di Meo. As expected, the series unites the star trio of Kamala Khan, Miles Morales, and Sam Alexander. But from what Ewing tells us to expect from the new series, and our exclusive first look at Champions #1 artwork, the defiant rallying cry that launches the book will bring more teen vigilantes to their side -- fast.
    From the very first details on Eve L. Ewing and Kim Jacinto's coming one-shot, it was clear how Outlawed could change Marvel's Universe in a powerful, timely way. As our own world is witnessing a growing rift between the aging power and youth of tomorrow, it only seems right to reflect it in Marvel's superhero community. And once Outlawed raises the question of 'allowing' underage superheroes, and decides on legislation... it seems those adolescents have no choice but to embrace their 'outlaw' brand. Take a look at Tony Infante's cover art for Champions #1 below:
    It would be hard to call the series "Champions" without the three heroes seen above, but the cover art gives even more texture to the coming relaunch. The "OUTLAWED" stamp makes the fugitive nature of the team clear, but the mural of Kamala Khan's unmasked face suggests how far she will be going to make her stand for every hero under the age of twenty-one. Marvel has also offered the official plot synopsis for Champions #1, which can be found below:

THE CHAMPIONS RETURN IN TROUBLED TIMES! A law is passed that goes against everything Ms. Marvel, Nova and Spider–Man founded the Champions for…But the world still needs heroes, even if the world doesn’t want them right now. After Ms. Marvel makes an unexpected and emotional announcement that her team won’t go down without a fight, a group of teen vigilantes gathers to plan their next move. But the C.R.A.D.L.E. task force is hot on their trail, and there’s a spy in their midst… Eve L. Ewing (IRONHEART, OUTLAWED) and Simone Di Meo (IMMORTAL HULK: THE BEST DEFENSE and VENOM: ACTS OF EVIL) team up for a dramatic new era of Champions that will define Marvel’s teen heroes for years to come!

The expectations were already high that Outlawed would be used to inject new energy into young heroes across Marvel's catalogue. But for those disappointed by the surprise conclusion of the previous Champion series, the news that Outlawed will be used to unite the team with a new mission only guarantees more eyes on the coming one-shot. And speaking with Ewing about the new ongoing series, the writer's own excitement to carry the Champions torch forward is evident. Paired with a preview of Simone Di Meo's variant cover and interior artwork, it's no wonder.
    For all the excitement building around Outlawed, I know the first question a lot of fans had after the announcement was the future of the CHAMPIONS. Can fans officially get excited about having the team 'back together'?

Yes! I'm excited and I hope readers are excited! I'm a huge fan of the Champions and I love everything Jim Zub and the team did with them on their last go round, so I'm so geeked that I get to tell a story with so many of my faves in one title.

Even with some of the industry's top talent handling these heroes in other books, the end of the previous CHAMPIONS series showed how much this team means to a lot of comic book fans. At the time Jim Zub said their future in 2020 was "vibrant, exciting, and absolutely worthy." Does that affection mean you put more pressure on yourself?

I always put pressure on myself, but it's less about anything anyone says and more about what I know the characters and our fans deserve. I think individually and collectively the Champions are some of the coolest, most interesting characters in the Marvel Universe. I loved writing Kamala on Marvel Team-Up, and observant readers noticed that I brought in Nadia van Dyne (Wasp) and Miles Morales on Ironheart. And I want to tell a story that's worthy of them. For me the big challenge is working with an ensemble cast, trying to make sure that we tell a cohesive story while individual characters also have moments to shine.
    It's been said this story you're telling is going to ripple out from these young heroes into the larger Marvel Universe, even more than you would have anticipated at the outset. Is that impact going to be a part of the CHAMPIONS' story, or a sign this new series will be tying into other books and creative teams?

Alanna Smith came to me with this story idea last summer. I was so into it and we were just talking about it as a cool series that I would do. But after I started working on the pitch, it became clear that there was interest from other creative teams in picking up the story, and that was humbling and cool. So now it's creeping more toward becoming a complete status quo change for the Marvel Universe, and I've connected with a couple of other writers to think about what they're gonna be doing in other titles. Can't wait to see where it all goes!
    Considering that the first Champions were united under the motto that "the world still needs heroes," this new change of status quo doesn't stray too far from their inspiration. No matter what laws are passed, the world does still need heroes, regardless of whether they're teenagers asking if they should act, or if they are allowed to by law. And as Ewing alludes to other characters with ties to young heroes being impacted, there is already evidence arriving to suggest the Champions may have Avengers on their side. Which is good, since they may also have to deal with a few who want to enforce the new legislation.

What will the future hold for Marvel's next generation of costumed superheroes? That question will be thoroughly explored in the coming year, but when the dust kicked up by Outlawed finally settles, fans can at least be sure that Champions #1 will emerge.
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-champi...omic-outlawed/

"spy in their midst?" do they mean one of the Champions is working against them? or do they mean that there's a spy within the C.R.A.D.L.E. taskforce (*fingers crossed for Dwayne Taylor)?