Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Reviewers are so intertwined with the companies they cover that you really can't trust reviews. I'll have to check it out for myself.
    Wise words, always see for yourself if you can.

As they say, don't judge a book by it's cover. You need to at least read issue 1, and not judge based solely on a preview or reviews.

Team status update:
    spoilers:

Ms. Marvel - active
    Spider-Man - active
    Nova - active
    Viv Vision - brainwashed?
    Brawn - active
    Ironheart - active
    Unstoppable Wasp - captured
    Snowguard - captured
    Falcon - resigned
    Patriot - active
    Bombshell - captured
    Power Man - active
    Locust - captured
    Pinpoint - active
    Dust - active

Also seen at the meeting were Cloud 9, Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl, Starling, Mass Master, and Energiser, which are probably the current Reinforcement Roster membership. Silk isn't affected by Kamala's Law, Hummingbird may have only joined specifically for War of the Realms, and Scout (formerly Honey Badger) is safe on Krakoa.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-07-2020 at 07:58 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Wise words, always see for yourself if you can.
    Wish I didn't have to. The thing about reviewers is that it always feels like they are just doing it to build connections. Write enough glowing reviews and eventually they can land a job somewhere in the industry.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As they say, don't judge a book by it's cover. You need to at least read issue 1, and not judge based solely on a preview or reviews.

Team status update:
    spoilers:

Ms. Marvel - active
    Spider-Man - active
    Nova - active
    Viv Vision - brainwashed?
    Brawn - active
    Ironheart - active
    Unstoppable Wasp - captured
    Snowguard - captured
    Falcon - resigned
    Patriot - active
    Bombshell - captured
    Power Man - active
    Locust - captured
    Pinpoint - active
    Dust - active

Also seen at the meeting were Cloud 9, Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl, Starling, Mass Master, and Energiser, which are probably the current Reinforcement Roster membership. Silk isn't affected by Kamala's Law, Hummingbird may have only joined specifically for War of the Realms, and Scout (formerly Honey Badger) is safe on Krakoa.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Patriot is also seen with the group at the end.
    end of spoilers

He's in the list.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's in the list.
    Ooops ....

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    spoilers:
    Just read it. First of all this NEEDS to be an ongoing for me, I love what Eve is doing and Simone's art as always is beautiful with the coloring to match.

Second as for Viv, I wouldn't be surprised if it's one part guilt, and one part brainwashing. She may be experiencing the same kind of felling's Speedball/Justice went through after the Stamford tragedy that kicked of Civil War. Seeing as even CRADLE doesn't even know who's tipping them off my first guess was that she's working alone. But then I remember the WIP drawing Simone was working on and posted on Instagram before the hiatus. There's a panel or two of a creepy teen girl with no eyebrows that I believe Eve and him are setting up to be a new villain for the team. Wouldn't be surprised if she's manipulating or controlling Viv into betraying her friends.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Vance calling back to how he killed someone (his abusive father) because he didn't have a mentor he could turn to for help with that situation was interesting. Given he was also willing to serve his time because he felt his powers didn't give him the right to break the law, it actually makes his position here make more sense, even if I don't agree with it. As for the issue of what the Champions and other young heroes should do, I rather love and appreciate that Eve Ewing complicated it a bit by presenting a number of young people who (also) think superpowered vigilantes have done more harm than good, as well as having Miles counter Kamala's speech about adults misleading the younger generation by mentioning the recruitment drive for C.R.A.D.L.E. at his school and that for all the failings --- moral and otherwise --- of the adults around them, the world isn't nearly as simple as "adults bad, kids good." That last page was a shocker, though, so I'm wondering what Viv's deal is here.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It was passable. Still mad that the pandemic delayed it. Might need to pick up Ms. Marvel and MM Spidey.

Squirrel Girl is still under 21? OK, Marvel.
    "Cable was right!"

She was a second year university student in her solo book - so she's 19 or 20.

spoilers:
    Nadia's situation might mirror DREAMers who are kinda illegal or CRADLE will be assholes and prevent Janet/Bobbi to get her out without a caveat.

Viv being bad feels like a catch, she had to be hacked because that happens to Vision and I get the feeling the Senator who signed the bill might be working for a darker power because MARVEL.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Also Kate. I expect big loopholes once the Young Avengers get involved...if they ever do.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It was passable. Still mad that the pandemic delayed it. Might need to pick up Ms. Marvel and MM Spidey.

Same. I'd recommend Miles Morales at least, though since Saladin Ahmed writes both that and Ms. Marvel . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    spoilers:
    Nadia's situation might mirror DREAMers who are kinda illegal or CRADLE will be assholes and prevent Janet/Bobbi to get her out without a caveat.

Viv being bad feels like a catch, she had to be hacked because that happens to Vision and I get the feeling the Senator who signed the bill might be working for a darker power because MARVEL.
    end of spoilers

Also Kate. I expect big loopholes once the Young Avengers get involved...if they ever do.
    Didn't some of the earlier promo material tease at least some of the Young Avengers being involved in this? spoilers:
    Also, the senator could turn out to be working some darker agenda all along, but for now . . .
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

My thoughts:

spoilers:
    I admit while reading the response against the law and CRADLE I got a "dirty, rotten, adult" vibes. Kamala still hasn't let go of Civil War II even though she and the teen trinity actually joined the adult heroes on one side. Doesn't that arguably make her as complicit?

Props to Miles for actually trying to look at things fairly instead of going for an "us against them mentality." Kamala was so righteous but she wasn't expecting Miles to admit that the other side actually had a point.

So Joaquin got an out instead of Rayshaun. I doubt Sam had a choice, but it's kind of noticeable that he ended up with the other Falcon instead of his second protege.

Is it true all the "major ones" have protege's? I mean, I guess Carol has Kamala, Tony has RiRi, I don't know if Peter "officially" has Miles or anyone, but I don't think Steve, Thor, or Black Panther have anybody. I feel like the mentorship program wouldn't be such a big deal if these kids weren't likely to balk at the idea of an adult telling them what to do. And don't diss D-Man Starling .

Oh hey, Could-9 !

I was right about Nadia getting caught. You'd think she would be hard to capture, but she never struck me as being the type who could live as a fugitive on the run from the law, so maybe it's for the best. I'm guessing they'll hold her for aiding and abetting the other fugitive Champions.

I wonder what Bombshell being in custody means for her talking to reporters on the cover of that issue. Does she turn around and "drink the cool aid?"
    end of spoilers

It made sense for Cloud 9 to show up and actually have lines.
    spoilers:
    She was previously established as part of the Reinforcement Roster, and she's been around long enough that she was affected by the Superhuman Registration Act. She went to Camp Hammond (her original comic was Avengers: The Initiative) and was trained as a sniper, against her will, and was so happy when the SHRA was repealed and she could just use her powers for fun. Now a new law has made her illegal again.
    end of spoilers

As for the mentor system...
    spoilers:
    Yeah, surely all the big names can't be taken. If a mentor is only allowed one, then Peter probably actually took Ghost-Spider, not Miles. Most of the Champions will have chosen not to be with a mentor - including Patriot. Doing it legit seemingly means leaving the Champions, whose gatherings are illegal - that's what got Nadia arrested despite her almost certainly having her adoptive mother Janet as her mentor. If Steve Rogers lacks a mentee, I think he could end up taking Miles. He's been appearing in Miles Morales Spider-Man - and is actually working to stop CRADLE overstepping the mark, freeing Ganke and friends in the latest issue.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Locust and Snowguard aren’t US citizens right?

Would Locust be sent back to Mexico? Would Snowguard be sent back to Canada?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 10-08-2020 at 06:02 AM.

Locust is from San Diego, California - it's Joaquin who was from Mexico.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ferna...ez_(Earth-616)
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Joaqu...es_(Earth-616)