Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

As it has been presented so far I don't know if I'm for or against Kamala's Law but the extremes from the CRADLE camp makes me lean more towards against just because of the measures taken against these teen heroes.

CRADLE is basically superhero ICE and Ewing is making no bones about it. I'm guessing we'll see Starling get captured in Miles.

Niffleheim

Well the reeducation camps gives me more of the Uighurs population being forcibly interned in Xinjiang China than ICE

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    As it has been presented so far I don't know if I'm for or against Kamala's Law but the extremes from the CRADLE camp makes me lean more towards against just because of the measures taken against these teen heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Well the reeducation camps gives me more of the Uighurs population being forcibly interned in Xinjiang China than ICE
    Yeah, CRADLE definitely crossed the line with that one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    CRADLE is basically superhero ICE and Ewing is making no bones about it. I'm guessing we'll see Starling get captured in Miles.
    That can't happen in the current arc, as Bombshell hasn't been captured yet - it's set before Champions #1.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

While not exactly under the best of circumstances, it’s nice to see them make use of Viv’s human appearance from Waid’s Champions run.

anyone know if the backdrop of youth hero prohibition will continue for the foreseeable future?

Solicits next week might offer a clue. What happens next after their voyage with the Marauders? Surely they must be starting a fight back. Also, note that Kamala's book won't be solicited for February as it ends in January - I can see a relaunch not happening until Outlawed is over.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, it doesn't seem like it's a mini anymore so it might continue on for longer than we were giving it credit for, but there's no guarantees.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    anyone know if the backdrop of youth hero prohibition will continue for the foreseeable future?
    I think that depends on the Champions' longevity as a run. The book is the main hook for Outlawed right now, so the status quo might last as much as the book does. Although I guess the story could continue if other writers are interested in picking things up from where Eve left them.

By the way, the solicits from the Miles book for January has already spoiled something from Eve's run being undone very soon. spoilers:
    Starling was revealed to be captured by C.R.A.D.L.E. just on the last issue, but she is free, just hanging with Miles on issue #22 of his book, that doesn't even seem to be tying in with Outlawed anymore.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-12-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Miles's current arc is set before Champions #1.

Champions #2 is getting a second printing, another good sign for the series to have reasons to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Miles's current arc is set before Champions #1.
    Yeah, the difficulty in following shared universe comics is just recognizing they're not all in real time with each other .

Exactly. As far as I can tell, the order is Outlawed #1, then Miles Morales: Spider-Man #17-21 (as Kamala is still in her coma - which obviously also means Bombshell and Starling haven't been captured yet), then Ms. Marvel #14 (because she wakes from her coma in that issue), then Champions #1. It seems Champions #2-4 will all lead into each other, so presumably the remainder of Kamala's solo series is set before Champions #2. Miles Morales #22 features Starling, but could be set before Champions #2 - that might be when CRADLE gets her.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Champions #2 is getting a second printing, another good sign for the series to have reasons to continue.
    That's good to hear. I don't think any of Zub's issues got a second printing, so it looks like this relaunch might have had more of an impact .